WayneNonnamaker
WayneNonnamaker
8/23/08 11:03 a.m.

for more information, go to: http://www.teamsahlen.com/

RACE CAR MECHANIC Grand American Rolex team looking for experienced race car mechanic. We are looking for someone with 3+ years experience in the racing industry. Additional skills not required, but desired include fabrication, carbon fiber, data acquisition ability, and engineering knowledge. Pay rate commiserate with job skills and experience.

Team Sahlen, owned by the Nonnamaker family, has been racing for over twenty years. Team Sahlen is campaigning Corvettes in the Grand American Rolex GT Series and Mazda RX-8s in the Koni Challenge Series. The team has won seven championships since 1999 and has over 50 professional race victories.

Applications should be sent to: Jobs@phoenixpromotions.com Attn: Maureen Bundie 5441 Global Gateway North Canton, OH 44720

RACE TEAM EXPIDITOR Do you have strong organizational skills, a mechanical aptitude, and an ability to manage projects? Grand American Rolex sportscar racing team looking for someone to expedite projects and organize various aspects of the team. In addition to organizational skills, position requires knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Job also requires travel to races. Pay rate commiserate with job skills and experience.

Team Sahlen, owned by the Nonnamaker family, has been racing for over twenty years. Team Sahlen is campaigning Corvettes in the Grand American Rolex GT Series and Mazda RX-8s in the Koni Challenge Series. The team has won seven championships since 1999 and has over 50 professional race victories.

Applications should be sent to: Jobs@phoenixpromotions.com Attn: Maureen Bundie 5441 Global Gateway North Canton, OH 44720

STREET CAR MECHANIC Local company, in business for over twenty years, looking for experienced street car mechanic to service corporate fleet of cars and service vans. Job requires servicing vehicles used by local Subway operation as well as a local restaurant equipment service organization. Additionally, job will require some work on company owned race car fleet of Corvettes. We are looking for someone with 5+ years of experience servicing street cars. Pay rate commiserate with job skills and experience. Applications should be sent to: Jobs@phoenixpromotions.com Attn: Maureen Bundie 5441 Global Gateway North Canton, OH 44720

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
8/23/08 11:31 a.m.

Note, this isn't spam....The Nonnamakers are a part of the GRM family.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/23/08 12:03 p.m.

Yes, and if you're not careful, working with the Nonnamakers might get your mug in GRM. It's been known to happen.

fastEddie
fastEddie Dork
8/23/08 12:52 p.m.

As someone working in construction project management I'm intrigued by the Expeditor position and feel that I certainly have the management skills and knowledge (MS Office, MS Project/Suretrak/P3, etc.). My only concern would unfortunately be the $$$ (single-income family) - but I am already in Ohio!

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/23/08 1:39 p.m.

i think the word is "commensurate", although in a losing season there will be some commiseration as well. need anyone who rocks grammar?

jikelly
jikelly New Reader
8/23/08 1:50 p.m.

I'm not sure if my management experience would satisfy their expectations for that expediter position, but I'm pretty sure my wife would beat me if I said I was going to run off to take a job with a race team.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
8/23/08 3:35 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: i think the word is "commensurate", although in a losing season there will be some commiseration as well. need anyone who rocks grammar?

Hopefully the salary will be nothing to commiserate over w/ friends.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
8/23/08 5:24 p.m.
jikelly wrote: I'm not sure if my management experience would satisfy their expectations for that expediter position, but I'm pretty sure my wife would beat me if I said I was going to run off to take a job with a race team.

Same here. I'd have a better chance of survival running off to join the circus.

Varkwso
Varkwso Reader
8/23/08 6:08 p.m.
Jensenman wrote:
jikelly wrote: I'm not sure if my management experience would satisfy their expectations for that expediter position, but I'm pretty sure my wife would beat me if I said I was going to run off to take a job with a race team.
Same here. I'd have a better chance of survival running off to join the circus.

but this would be far more fun....

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
V8m0OHlR9J8Q3uxwdFw0sJodT82leDhJ0cPqvGcT3LqU7g9SfWd0L25o1DM0cPfy