1 2 3 4
Carsandbikes
Carsandbikes Reader
11/22/19 2:27 p.m.

Well I guess this is an "improvement" compared to the almost blobby Tesla sedans?

This ALMOST looks like what you might get if you crossed a Honda Cross...Track(?) with a 1st generation Honda Ridgeline, but told the designers " it has to look like something out of The Terminator".

I am going to guess that the rear ramp-looking thing is a aerodynamic cover for the bed?

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Reader
11/22/19 2:29 p.m.

I wonder if Cybertruck is going to make an appearance alongside Keanu Reeves in Cyberpunk 2077... 

NorseDave
NorseDave Reader
11/22/19 2:29 p.m.
Hasbro said:

I like it! Just lower it a few inches...

Exactly my first thought!  Bertone Stratus Zero goes SUV. Or something.  

TrulySpooky
TrulySpooky New Reader
11/22/19 2:39 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I've seen LEGO with more curves. Jesus Christ. 

Some might think your joking but as a Lego enthusiast I can confirm this to be true.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
11/22/19 3:07 p.m.
The0retical
The0retical UberDork
11/22/19 3:18 p.m.

What's that old Top Gear line?

"Designed by a man who was given only a ruler...."

I mean, I guess the tooling would be less expensive if you only need to stamp flat and single 90 degree panels.

Either that or all the money went to the Model Y's tooling but they caught a sweet deal on large metal brakes.

BullManUGA
BullManUGA GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/22/19 3:19 p.m.

It's a hidden car from one of my favorite SNES games, Stunt Race FX.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/22/19 3:38 p.m.
300zxfreak said:

Put a turret on that thing and you’ve got something right out of Mad Max. 

You'd want to stick a turret on a rat rod to get the Mad Max aesthetic.  Need to have all the skulls and saws and other accessorizing.

Stick a turret on this, and you have a support vehicle for the troop carrier from Aliens.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/22/19 4:04 p.m.
ebonyandivory said:
edizzle89 said:

In reply to ebonyandivory :

in their defense doing the same thing to any other manufacturer's car windows it would have gone straight through. so tougher then your average window

I personally have no use for ridiculously strong glass in my truck. Not sure what the draw would be for a daily driver truck.

You don't live in Chicago.

nimblemotorsports
nimblemotorsports Reader
11/22/19 4:21 p.m.

The long lost father of the CitiCar EV has been Found!   

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/22/19 4:44 p.m.

I don't get the hate. I think I it's awesome and I would drive one in a heartbeat. 

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/22/19 5:03 p.m.

Boost_Crazy
Boost_Crazy HalfDork
11/22/19 5:13 p.m.

Tesla got tired of all of the complaining about how long it takes to get replacement parts for their cars. If your truck gets damaged, your body shop simplify calls the closest appliance repair shop for parts. 

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
11/22/19 5:21 p.m.

I want my MTV...

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon SuperDork
11/22/19 5:23 p.m.

I knew the windshield shape looked familiar.

I like it. More cars should take design inspiration from fictional space craft.

Also: 

“CUVs suck, they all look the same!” - the internet.

”Here is something that looks completely different.” - Tesla

”LoL, looks dumb.” - the internet

CrookedRacer
CrookedRacer Reader
11/22/19 6:07 p.m.

Once we've seen a few of them in the wild... would we get used to them? I really want to see one in person, drive it, and tow my race car to the track with it once or twice. Then I'll let you know what I think.

Agent98
Agent98 Reader
11/22/19 6:58 p.m.

Introducing....the Tesla Aztech...spelling mistake intentional

I

Kinda cool though...take that! G Wagen poseurs!

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/22/19 7:01 p.m.

Stainless steel fights the fabricator more than mild steel. I wonder how well that stuff stamps? That might be a part of the "no compound curves" look. Although if you're going to take that approach, I much prefer the Karlmann King approach:

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
11/23/19 5:56 a.m.

Well, folks have pondered for ages why we haven't seen futuristic vehicles portrayed in sci-fi.  Ponder no more.

edwardh80
edwardh80 Reader
11/23/19 10:30 a.m.

I was always told that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything.

redstack
redstack Reader
11/23/19 11:05 a.m.

Ok the hull is made of rocket ship stuff,  so that's cool. 

Recall that the SS Delorean had similar lines so it must be a function of trying bend SS. 

On an elect car page they mention Tesla saying you could get in a few ugly colors. But some folks started photo shopping wraps on the sail and such, which changed the overall look. 

My concerns, that yoke steering thing and maybe the door latches. 

Wonder what SEMA will come up with. 

redstack
redstack Reader
11/23/19 11:07 a.m.

Also, why the big front waste of space? Why not the COE van design bandied about earlier? 

redstack
redstack Reader
11/23/19 11:11 a.m.

Perfect to tow your formula E car to the track. 

Superchargers in every national park to keep ice campers out? 

Sorry random thought Saturday I guess

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE HalfDork
11/23/19 1:29 p.m.
redstack said:

Also, why the big front waste of space? Why not the COE van design bandied about earlier? 

I think the reason why the CYBERTRUCK looks the way it does it to be a simulacra of the "Future of the 1980s" coupled with the limitations of how they plan to build it.

Which is actually kinda genius, in a mad way- they're going after those born after the 1970s who remember the futuristic wedges and the "look" of things like Ghost in the Shell and obviously, Blade Runner- but I honestly think it's more from happenstance than purposeful intention.

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon SuperDork
11/23/19 1:59 p.m.

I agree with Duke. I freaking love it and would drive it without hesitation. If I was in a better financial state I'd order one.

The jury is still out if that's a good or a bad thing.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tYv89x9Z8QHmjHD2CmmMLhJJYBdddnDyPwVgELd5MAAwTDTijkXoY5VZlTqhIQ23