1 2 3 4
lrrs
lrrs HalfDork
12/25/19 6:12 p.m.

This appears to be a more usable truck, and what tesla should have done to inpress me and many others instead of the rigged tug of war . 

Sorry if someone already posted this. 

https://youtu.be/yzwM8KE2L3I

infinitenexus
infinitenexus Reader
12/26/19 8:43 a.m.

That tank turn is pretty neat.  The Rivian certainly looks better, if more traditional, and the specs are very comparable to the Cybertruck.  It's more expensive.  It'll be interesting when they both come out to see the comparisons.  

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/26/19 11:15 a.m.

I’m interested in the hub motors. I had been led to believe that was unworkable. 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE HalfDork
12/26/19 11:18 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Yeah, I'm most interested in those too. I wonder if they're actively cooling them.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/26/19 11:22 a.m.
lrrs said:

This appears to be a more usable truck, and what tesla should have done to inpress me and many others instead of the rigged tug of war . 

Sorry if someone already posted this. 

https://youtu.be/yzwM8KE2L3I

That's just awesomeness. I'm very excited to see what these electric trucks can bring to the world. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/26/19 11:43 a.m.
tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
12/26/19 12:01 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

I’m interested in the hub motors. I had been led to believe that was unworkable. 

Same.

I thought any KPI would mess with the gyroscopic forces due to torque.

I don't get the tank turn. I mean it's neat, but is it just a party trick or does it have a use?

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand New Reader
12/26/19 12:04 p.m.
tuna55 said:

I don't get the tank turn. I mean it's neat, but is it just a party trick or does it have a use?

Maneuverability in tight spaces? The turn doesn't have to be full spin like demonstrated, just a slow pirouette would be helpful.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/26/19 12:52 p.m.

In reply to iansane :

I could see it helping when lining up with a trailer. 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE HalfDork
12/26/19 2:13 p.m.
tuna55 said:
Keith Tanner said:

Same.

I thought any KPI would mess with the gyroscopic forces due to torque.

Easier to line up to tow, maneuver in tight confines, interesting connotations for off-roading.

Oh, and because crab-walking is COOL.

dantavious
dantavious New Reader
12/26/19 2:50 p.m.

This morning’s big news: The Tesla Cybertruck has been revealed and, well, it’s something to discuss. Angles. So many angles.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RZYHuevhYYuODZldyjUF6Wrmu5ZsziM2oL2xLT64sLNMYfAwDC8kkgIrnrkcTzU9