1 2 3 4
Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
5/28/09 10:47 a.m.
bravenrace wrote: Hey Nashco, do you have a part number or price for that fuel pump insulator? I went to that website but couldn't find it. Generally, I'm not going to put any money into this car, but might do that depending on the price.

The part number is shown on the insulator in that post. GM part number 12628069. crateenginedepot.com has it for $8.75 plus shipping, not sure if your local dealer will order it for you or not since it's intended for the Opel GT IIRC. Just so you don't gripe about it, since you're on a roll, the part does NOT install itself. I know, I know...Hondas and Mazdas don't require owner installed improvements and if they did, the parts would install themselves. How dare GM?!?

Bryce

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
5/28/09 11:18 a.m.
carguy123 wrote: One thing I want to know, since this is a thread on test driving a Camaro why are we talking about Solstices and S's? Not that I mind

Because not enough of us have driven Camaros to get into a pissing match about how they're great/horrible yet?

Bryce

bravenrace
bravenrace HalfDork
5/28/09 11:21 a.m.

You know, that's not really fair. While you guys have been putting words in my mouth through this whole thread and spouting off about how much power these cars have to the point that it seems nothing else really matters to you, all I've done is honestly and objectively list my experiences with my car. I'm sorry you don't agree, but maybe, just maybe, that's because you had to pay for yours and need to feel like you made the right decision. You may have a different opinion than me, but tell me, what have I said that you know to be untrue?

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
5/28/09 11:49 a.m.
bravenrace wrote: You know, that's not really fair. While you guys have been putting words in my mouth through this whole thread and spouting off about how much power these cars have to the point that it seems nothing else really matters to you, all I've done is honestly and objectively list my experiences with my car. I'm sorry you don't agree, but maybe, just maybe, that's because you had to pay for yours and need to feel like you made the right decision. You may have a different opinion than me, but tell me, what have I said that you know to be untrue?

Not fair? I just did all the leg work for you after you asked for something...after I had already given you the link with all the info. I want my three minutes back, that's not fair. Not fair not fair not fair! Seriously, I'm trying to throw you a bone here..."to be fair" you have been griping about your Solstice in multiple threads any time the occassion comes up (griping...or being critical, or objectively listing your experiences, whatever you want to call it). I didn't even make fun of the fact that your "health issues" keep you from washing your car (yet you're still healthy enough to drive a bone stock roadster and there's nobody in your household that can wash the car for you). That would have been a hell of a lot closer to "not fair" if we're going to start keeping track of internet fairness!

An untruth has been spoken:

bravenrace wrote: Fast doesn't always equal driving satisfaction.

While I'd agree that driving satisfaction doesn't require driving fast, driving fast always equals driving satisfaction!

Bryce

Cotton
Cotton Reader
5/28/09 12:06 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: You know, that's not really fair. While you guys have been putting words in my mouth through this whole thread and spouting off about how much power these cars have to the point that it seems nothing else really matters to you, all I've done is honestly and objectively list my experiences with my car. I'm sorry you don't agree, but maybe, just maybe, that's because you had to pay for yours and need to feel like you made the right decision. You may have a different opinion than me, but tell me, what have I said that you know to be untrue?

You've mentioned this a couple of times, so I feel I need to respond this time and maybe put it to rest:

"I'm sorry you don't agree, but maybe, just maybe, that's because you had to pay for yours and need to feel like you made the right decision."

I have mentioned before I currently own multiple cars and motorcycles, over 20 total, and I have no problems at all admitting buyers remorse, stupidity, ignorance, impulse purchase, whatever. I've made bad purchasing decisions in the past and I'll own up to it. Buying the Solstice GXP was not one of them. I repeat....buying the Solstice GXP is not a purchase I regret. I hope that helps. I like my car....you don't like yours. That's fine, but don't tell me it's because I actually had to pay for mine. It's not like I'm contractually obligated to the car! If I didn't like it I would trade it.....

bravenrace
bravenrace HalfDork
5/28/09 12:07 p.m.

"I didn't even make fun of the fact that your "health issues" keep you from washing your car "

Did you really just say that? Are you for real? I've refrained from lowering myself to spouting off childish accusations throughout this thread while you and your cohort give me nothing but attitude, but that was over the line! Are you really just little kids posing as adults? Yeah, I'm a liar. Whatever. I'm done with this nonsense.

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
5/28/09 1:12 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: Whatever. I'm done with this nonsense.

Does that mean I win the internet? "Rod, tell him what he's won..."

Cotton
Cotton Reader
5/28/09 1:23 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: "I didn't even make fun of the fact that your "health issues" keep you from washing your car " Did you really just say that? Are you for real? I've refrained from lowering myself to spouting off childish accusations throughout this thread while you and your cohort give me nothing but attitude, but that was over the line! Are you really just little kids posing as adults? Yeah, I'm a liar. Whatever. I'm done with this nonsense.

I'm not anyone's cohort and didn't give you any attitude. On the other hand you seem to me to be acting childish......man...

speedblind
speedblind New Reader
5/28/09 1:23 p.m.

Wow. This is not the kind of discussion I've come to expect from my favorite board. Most things I read on here I can imagine people saying to each other in person. The last couple pages of this thread, not so much.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7Ln3KEhkuebdpEOQ6Y0sFQnvAlyRHmTkNLJ7ylaXfI7BX4HGIKAXTF32EqZwDzx3