Nitroracer
Nitroracer Dork
5/22/08 10:10 a.m.

I finally found a miata for sale early enough that it would have been mine but still missed the deal! I was half way through my 2+ hour trip there after leaving work early when I got a call from the seller that something had come up with her kids and she would not be home to show the car. She left out the fact that someone else was still home and they sold the car last night!!! Bye bye $800, probably rusty miata! And to make it worse I saw no less than six of them on my return trip.

confuZion3
confuZion3 Reader
5/22/08 10:41 a.m.

I hate it when stupid shit like that happens. You'll find one --- and it'll be a gem!

Stargazer
Stargazer HalfDork
5/22/08 10:55 a.m.

That seems to be the rite of passage to getting a miata :grin:

confuZion3
confuZion3 Reader
5/22/08 11:16 a.m.

Yeah. I thought I'd have mine 1.5 years ago. I just got it in November. They're worth waiting for.

bastomatic
bastomatic Dork
5/22/08 1:29 p.m.

I almost bought a Miata once. Got there and a geezer already had it out for a test. i took it out when he got back, and offered asking price. Geezer matches my offer, and offers to pay right then. The seller's wife comes home right then, and promptly smashes the Geezer's car with her minivan. So he got the Miata, and about $1500 in damage to his SUV. Stupid Geezers, ruin everything.

Kramer
Kramer New Reader
5/22/08 1:42 p.m.

Convince yourself it was a rusty piece of crap.

I'm convinced Faith Hill is a beotch. That makes it easier than wondering what I could have done to win her over.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/22/08 5:26 p.m.

Yeah, there's a ton of them out there. That one just wasn't meant for you. (Or it was the deal of the century--take your pick.)

Nitroracer
Nitroracer Dork
5/22/08 5:31 p.m.

It was a rusty piece of crap. It was a rusty piece of crap. It was a rusty piece of crap. If you were in saylorsburg pa and bought a miata you bought a rusty piece of crap :grin:

I found a nicer 91' with fewer miles and lots of maintenance done for some more dough, maybe it'll last till sunday when the guy is available. :nice:

ZOOMiata
ZOOMiata GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/23/08 5:03 a.m.

It doesn't matter anyway -- you know that as soon as you buy one, another with less miles, better mods, and free beer in the trunk will come up for sale around the corner.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lZ6FvCQSReszuP6YDGpR0NQA9oJmURanY8PVhvwPWwjj3bbOxXokvRsvs4XkZAw3