David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/8/18 8:18 a.m.
feature_image

The GRM crew just spent a week in Lincoln, Nebraska, for the Tire Rack SCCA Solo Nationals, and we achieved our three big goals: push ourselves to new limits, see good friends and, as the SCCA hashtag goes, #havefunwithcars.

Just some of the big stories:

Rain: All of it. Heavy rains arrived Tuesday, the first day of competition. Near-zero …

Read the rest of the story

CyberEric
CyberEric HalfDork
9/8/18 5:48 p.m.

Amazing story about Pobst, can't wait to hear more.

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
9/8/18 9:02 p.m.

I'll be honest.....if I knew 100% for sure that solo nats would be a flooded parking lot next year too I would almost certainly go (and bring my gore-tex stuff!). Because that actually looks like a blast, and puddles are way more fun than no puddles, especially when watching everyone else run :)

Image result for photobucket irish44j autocross rain

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
9/9/18 7:49 a.m.

I was following on Facebook, many photos of cars driving through riverbeds.  I wish they had included corner worker outfits, I'm betting no one brought full rain gear outfits?

David S. Wallens
9/10/18 7:34 a.m.
CyberEric said:

Amazing story about Pobst, can't wait to hear more.

We'll have more. :)

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/10/18 7:49 a.m.
David S. Wallens said:

Amazing Cars: Solo Nationals are defined by three things: close competition, cool people and amazing builds. Check out an archive of our videos from the event here.

I thoroughly enjoyed the videos uploaded this morning (my time).  Especially Andy's "wet driving how-to"... that video probably deserves it's own thread?

David S. Wallens
9/10/18 8:35 a.m.

Cool, glad that you enjoyed the videos. Yeah, once everyone's back in the office, we'll get things organized for future use. 

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
9/10/18 9:18 a.m.

It was great seeing both of you again. You are contributing an incredible amount to the motorsports community, thank you.

David S. Wallens
9/10/18 10:05 a.m.

Thank you for the kind words--we have a great team. Very nice seeing you, too. The car looks awesome. It was a treat to photograph. 

Make it home safe and sound? 

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
9/10/18 10:09 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Yeh, trip home was uneventful. The highlight was having Chick-Fil-A for the first time ever-it was pretty good

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
9/10/18 12:48 p.m.

So the Whole 'set up a practice course' thing was Kaput because no one tried it in the rain .

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/10/18 12:51 p.m.

zimmers rabbit.. nice.  I saw him drive In Charleston at an AutoX about 10 years ago.

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
9/10/18 12:57 p.m.
irish44j said:

I'll be honest.....if I knew 100% for sure that solo nats would be a flooded parking lot next year too I would almost certainly go (and bring my gore-tex stuff!). Because that actually looks like a blast, and puddles are way more fun than no puddles, especially when watching everyone else run :)

Image result for photobucket irish44j autocross rain

At the one-lane bridge I leave the giants stranded at the riverside. Race back to the farm, to drink with my uncle at the fireside

Me too, especially since my RS is rumored to be moved down to D Street next year.

te72
te72 Reader
9/12/18 8:56 p.m.

Hey, uh... someone left some cones in the pool. Guys, can we get a net over here? =P

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
9/12/18 10:10 p.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZLfffviIJke6WxR9XTcFDseNR6bSQ3cLZx8UgMLjr9yiR2uFpbO7cv6g0vQbQsfP