1 2 3 4
Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/11/19 10:05 a.m.

Hahahhahha Hahahahhahhaaha ha hahaha haha haha haha had hahaha Hahahahhahhaaha! 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/11/19 10:10 a.m.

Meh.  At least you can remove the cap when necessary, which makes it infinitely less useless than one of these stupid things:

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
2/11/19 10:12 a.m.

It needs to be easy to remove for tall "truck stuff" jobs. And I could see them being popular on lowered 2WD single cabs. Something like that would look silly on my truck.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/11/19 10:55 a.m.

wait, so make one of these for a miata and we would all line up with credit cards ready but make one for a truck and we all start throwing stones?

I think it looks awesome. We all know 99% of the people with those trucks don't put stuff back there anyway. 

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
2/11/19 11:20 a.m.

I am disappointed that it does not include the matching front end.

bcp2011
bcp2011 Reader
2/11/19 11:26 a.m.
Robbie said:

wait, so make one of these for a miata and we would all line up with credit cards ready but make one for a truck and we all start throwing stones?

I think it looks awesome. We all know 99% of the people with those trucks don't put stuff back there anyway. 

I don't think it's throwing stones as much as just wondering why it's even created in the first place.  Targeting F150 owners with a product that as far as I can tell is largely for "aero" purposes doesn't seem to make sense, from a business perspective.  Just as I don't think stance as a scene makes a lot of sense either, but whatever floats people's boat... 

Jumper K Balls (Trent)
Jumper K Balls (Trent) PowerDork
2/11/19 11:35 a.m.

Geeze. My Avalanche is hard enough to see out the back of. 

I'm in the dislike camp

wawazat
wawazat Reader
2/11/19 11:39 a.m.

Targeting F-150 buyers makes business sense solely based on the number Ford sells every year.  Interesting look but form over function on a pick-up truck in my view.  

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
2/11/19 11:49 a.m.

Still more useful than an Avalanche.

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
2/11/19 11:51 a.m.

That's acute shaped bed now. At the risk of being obtuse, it's not quite right.

So many cargo options...

bcp2011
bcp2011 Reader
2/11/19 12:07 p.m.

In reply to wawazat :

Of course, but it depends on the product.  Off road wheels?  Makes sense.  Off road suspension?  Sure.  Exhaust, tune, snorkel, etc.?  Why not.  MPG enhancers that significantly reduce the usefulness of what makes a truck a truck...?  eh...

Maybe I'm wrong here and the F150 drivers are really eco conscious softies at heart.  I hope I'm wrong on this one!  

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
2/11/19 12:13 p.m.

I hate it less like this

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
2/11/19 12:23 p.m.

It sorta has a rally vibe to it if the rest of the truck is done up right, if that's your thing.

Sanchinguy
Sanchinguy Reader
2/11/19 12:26 p.m.

Dunno. Seems like an answer to a question nobody asked. Not for me...

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
2/11/19 12:35 p.m.

As I said elsewhere, you get all the down sides of a traditional camper top - poor visibility, decreased access - AND all the downsides of a fiberglass tonneau, all in one product!

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon HalfDork
2/11/19 12:43 p.m.
NOT A TA said:

It needs to be easy to remove for tall "truck stuff" jobs. And I could see them being popular on lowered 2WD single cabs. Something like that would look silly on my truck.

Just like the larger canopy’s and the tonneau covers for trucks they can fairly easily be put on and taken off as needed.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/11/19 12:45 p.m.

In reply to Grizz :

It's like an Aussie Ute that has a diet of only Big Gulps, KFC and pork rinds

llysgennad
llysgennad New Reader
2/11/19 12:48 p.m.

It makes more sense than this did...just buy a Suburban already.

TopNoodles
TopNoodles New Reader
2/11/19 12:51 p.m.

If it has a real impact on fuel economy, then it makes sense to me. After looking at all the cap options for my truck I realized that each one is a compromise in at least one way. Each cap style fits a rather specific use.

This cap looks like a good fit for someone who does a lot of highway driving, and wants the security of a hard top but doesn't need a full height top. It would be easier to load a bicycle in this "fastback" cap than a flat tonneau.

In my case a full height cap actually decreased economy and a tonneau was an improvement. For awhile I used a toolbox with bicycle brackets, but the downside is that they are exposed to the weather and less secure.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/11/19 12:52 p.m.

How soon until there's a 3rd Gen version for GMs? 

MotorsportsGordon
2/11/19 12:52 p.m.

Gm makes on optional avalanche like bed cover 

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
2/11/19 12:59 p.m.
stuart in mn said:

I don't see anything 1970s about it.

You don't?

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UberDork
2/11/19 1:21 p.m.
RacetruckRon said:

Am I the only one that wants to see this on a 2wd single cab truck?

Nope.

MotorsportsGordon
2/11/19 1:22 p.m.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse UberDork
2/11/19 1:25 p.m.

Can I get it with a single cab, dually configuration?  Preferably on a GMT400?

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xVEKPSbWHJccQnKcRw6NgXEtiTM4mYWicPEnoc4d3l9MBxrCSykWBLMPRBbdUGX9