1 2 3 4
trucke
trucke SuperDork
2/11/19 8:43 a.m.
Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/11/19 8:51 a.m.

I like trucks, louvers, and fastbacks. Cognitive dissonance sets in. I'm so confused. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/11/19 8:52 a.m.

sweet, new truck bed sides are already so friggin tall that i can barely reach over them.   this thing guarantees that the only way for me to access the bed is through the tailgate. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
2/11/19 8:56 a.m.

I think I'll stick with the traditional bed cap.  

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
2/11/19 8:58 a.m.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
2/11/19 9:00 a.m.

I wouldn't get one myself, but I don't hate it. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/11/19 9:00 a.m.

They've recreated the Aztek on purpose.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/11/19 9:14 a.m.

I can't tell if this is the result of too many drugs in the design room, or not enough.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/11/19 9:14 a.m.

Am I the only one that wants to see this on a 2wd single cab truck?

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/11/19 9:15 a.m.

I love on the blue truck, there are faux fender blisters, but the cap does nothing to harmonize with the curved line on the bed side.  "Nah, just let it stick out."  

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
2/11/19 9:19 a.m.

The F150 looks like it's giving birth to a Mustang.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/11/19 9:20 a.m.

Given the way trucks are used in the suburbs this could be the right thing for some people.  If for me, I would hope that there is some locking mechanism (other than the lift struts) that allows to keep the lid open while driving.  This could add to the usefulness.   

I don't totally hate it.  I see it as a style choice and many choices differ.  

I do like the Mustang inspiration.  

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/11/19 9:25 a.m.
dculberson said:

This, but I had to think about it for a moment.

bcp2011
bcp2011 Reader
2/11/19 9:30 a.m.

So confused on the purpose of this...  Seems that it could protect the contents inside while severely limiting the capacity of the bed.  And if one needs a lot of content protected with relative frequency an SUV might be a better fit...

D2W
D2W HalfDork
2/11/19 9:42 a.m.

I like it. There I said it. 

Although I would never buy one as I use a truck for truck stuff.

STM317
STM317 SuperDork
2/11/19 9:49 a.m.

In reply to bcp2011 :

It's designed to improve aerodynamic efficiency, and similar caps on other trucks have had a decent impact on fuel economy. But that's probably not on the mind of the average Raptor buyer so...

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/11/19 9:52 a.m.

I really like these!

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
2/11/19 9:54 a.m.

The 2019 Ford WTF150. 

sleepyhead
sleepyhead GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
2/11/19 9:54 a.m.

there's a bunch of people advocating for this type cap on ecomodders for over a decade

as an aeronut... I dig it

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
2/11/19 9:55 a.m.

I have mixed feelings... I actually use my truck as a truck, so I wouldn't buy one.

That said, if you don't haul anything higher than the bed sides, this could have mpg benefits over a standard cap that would be worthwhile.  Especially for those that have a highway commute and insist on doing it in their Raptor...

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/11/19 9:55 a.m.

I suspect that for the target audience, these may need to be capable of integration with bed mounted exhaust stacks, cosmetic roll/light bars, etc.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
2/11/19 9:57 a.m.

I don't see anything 1970s about it.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/11/19 9:58 a.m.
STM317 said:

In reply to bcp2011 :

It's designed to improve aerodynamic efficiency, and similar caps on other trucks have had a decent impact on fuel economy. But that's probably not on the mind of the average Raptor buyer so...

Improving mileage is a legitimate reason for one of those. Still, I would be embarrassed to be seen with one.

bcp2011
bcp2011 Reader
2/11/19 10:03 a.m.
STM317 said:

In reply to bcp2011 :

Hahahaha ok.  Maybe the truck makers can understand the desires of their consumers and just go for a smaller grill and a more streamlined exterior design next time!  

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/11/19 10:04 a.m.

Put one on the new Ranger.  Include a slide out tray for the bed to make it easy to load/unload. 

Pack 5 times the luggage in a locking compartment for the next vacation.   

It would need a rack on top so I would have a place to put plywood and 2 x4"s when I go to Home Depot plus it would be a place to carry my kayak.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pKUp0C7JhPDcBcFIe876tZEXHgX1FazzzFY3fkqA43faOZYCbTxul8EX8oaJvRaT