pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
1/11/10 8:08 p.m.

They look good with Supra wheels:

With no rear wing:

With massive flares:

Totally stock:

JDM style:

and of course, displaying 112hp of pure fury!!!!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
1/11/10 8:08 p.m.

It appears that the 4AGE will not withstand a 10,000 rpm redline, although it did drive me home but with somewhat less compression thanks to a broken ring

oldsaw
oldsaw HalfDork
1/11/10 8:15 p.m.

I'll take two please!

racer_ace
racer_ace New Reader
1/11/10 8:25 p.m.
turboswede wrote: I've always thought the thing the AW11 was missing was an abundance of air and styling that wasn't over the top Eighties Japanese... Oh and box flares, FTW!

Now don't get me wrong... I seriously dig AW11 goodness. However, topless X1/9s with flares are the hot ticket.

Matt B
Matt B Reader
1/11/10 8:25 p.m.

Nice. nice. and very nice. thank you very much. Pinchvalve you are fuggin awesome. Zipty you're car is sick as always, very jealous of that little machine. Good to see so many aw11s here.

I have to agree they're fun at autocross. (even with a noob magnet)

zipty842
zipty842 Reader
1/11/10 8:46 p.m.

After my engine is back together, I'm planning on looking at the box flare goodness.

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
1/11/10 8:53 p.m.
Matt B said: I have to agree they're fun at autocross. (even with a noob magnet)

I was at that event. Autocross at the Ted!

Matt B
Matt B Reader
1/11/10 9:11 p.m.

In reply to maroon92:

Awesome! It was my re-introduction to autox after a couple of years off and I wasn't going to turn down xtra runs and free instruction. Of course, I ended up being the guy mistakenly bypassing the timing trailer "thumbs up" anyway

Tyler H
Tyler H Dork
1/11/10 11:19 p.m.

Ah yes...the answer is AW11.

A few gratuitous pics from my AW11 escapades:

87 MR2

87 MR2 chased by a pair of NSX

Next, let's put this:

Into this:

Voila! Wish I still had this car.

Boost gauge install:

They only way to get a t-shirt that embodies the sheer bad-assedness of a Mk1.5 MR2 it to emblazon it with the likeness of Billy Idol:

Build your own!

Apexcarver
Apexcarver SuperDork
1/12/10 2:21 a.m.

OOOHHH! I can play this one..

I havent owned one and have only driven one once, but its different and I have pictures!

That were FUN

Yup, hammering on a private dirt oval.

(before some purist shanks me they should know that it might look pretty in a blurry picture, but its no gem. The car wouldnt even idle, for driver changes we had to open the engine compartment and hold the throttle (battery was shot), as well as rust and stripped interior)

Matt B
Matt B Reader
1/12/10 7:45 a.m.

In reply to Apexcarver:

Offroading A-dub gets my seal of approval.

Rustfinger
Rustfinger New Reader
1/12/10 8:21 a.m.
pinchvalve wrote: They look good with Supra wheels: Oh my! Wow, I love that look JDM style: Mad tyte Y0! Yes please!
Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Reader
1/12/10 8:35 a.m.

I love AW11's, it just shows how far Toyota has fallen. I missed out on a nice one about 5 years ago that got sold just before I found out about it. Wouldn't buy one now, but not becuase I don't lilke them.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
1/12/10 8:37 a.m.

Holy crap those Supra wheels look PERFECT.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
1/12/10 10:44 a.m.

Well, mine wasn't as nice lookin' as ya'lls, but mine had:

and I was just getting ready to fix the body up with a combat air dam for the front when that damn F150 came along and totaled it, to be reborn as:

beaterworld
beaterworld New Reader
1/12/10 11:00 a.m.

AW11 is always the answer. They are so hard to come by in Canada...

Drewsifer
Drewsifer Reader
1/12/10 11:25 a.m.

Stop tempting me! This is only going to make me spend hours online searching for AW11's now.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver SuperDork
1/12/10 1:31 p.m.

OT, but hows that locost coming along Dr Hess?

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt Dork
1/12/10 1:48 p.m.

Our company started when Jerry was looking for a way to tune his AW11.

Need a shot of it with its scooped deck lid and new rims...

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
1/12/10 1:59 p.m.

It's coming along. I've started working on it more regular again, but thanks to Global Warming, it's been SO FREAKING COLD that my outdoors time is limited to collecting firewood and feeding the dogs. Hard to get motivated on the Locost when it's 1F outside THANKS TO GLOBAL WARMING.

Here's the last sub-project as I found myself in need of a power bulge: Before: After much beating, bending, drilling and riveting:

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy New Reader
1/12/10 5:32 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve:

4X100 supra wheels? I like that very much

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy New Reader
1/12/10 6:43 p.m.

...... and if you need just a touch more room... get an AE86... then you can put most of your Miata in the back of the hatch

petegossett
petegossett SuperDork
1/12/10 7:53 p.m.

Dumb question - are there any visual cues to tell a supercharged, from non-s/c car?

jrw1621
jrw1621 Dork
1/12/10 8:07 p.m.

Other than the intercooler in the engine bay, there is also a different engine cover (bulged to accommodate intercooler.)

All SC's came from the factory with t-tops and teardrop rims. On the dashboard there is a green light that comes on when the SC engages.

Oh, how I miss my SC (sold in 2004.)
Pictures: http://community.webshots.com/user/jrw1621

mr2peak
mr2peak New Reader
1/12/10 8:52 p.m.

I should get mine back on the road... Now it needs a wide body thanks to a tacoma...

1 2 3 4 ... 6
Our Preferred Partners
TkIDugjStSoe1z21SIh6X0aAYwmzx0OzGHLTSIqIX9YtbF9Ao5A3JhrHQwhb1urS