1 2 3
Sultan
Sultan HalfDork
11/15/12 7:43 p.m.

I rented one and put about 1200 miles on it in four days. I really loved the car and found driving long distances very comfortable.

Is your car a LT1 trim?

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
11/15/12 7:46 p.m.

know that tunes may very likely void your warrenty....

i recall that new chevys can see if non oem tunes have been uploaded. i will double check tomorrow

ultraclyde
ultraclyde Dork
11/15/12 8:17 p.m.

True on both counts. They WILL know, even if you reflash it, and WILL. Void the warranty. Ask my friend with the blown Z06 motor.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
11/15/12 8:21 p.m.

From what I understand the tune doesn't effect milage on the non-Eco trims, I haven't heard anything about the Eco trims. The tuner is on the forum so you can ask him questions, he's responded to me several times and seems like a friendly guy who knows his stuff and is willing to talk. The tune will void your warranty as far as I know, for what it's worth you can have both the aftermarket tune and stock tune on the same device and switch between the two, but as CarKid says they may be able to detect when somethings been tinkered with.

Mine is out of warranty now anywho, I'll probably get a tune sometime in the near future.

As far as A/F you are looking at the tuned curve not the stock curve, correct?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UberDork
11/15/12 8:53 p.m.

Funny. I was in Ohio today and drove by the Lordstown plant and said to my coworker; that's where they built the Cruze. Who would imagine this could've happened.

Iusedtobefast
Iusedtobefast New Reader
11/15/12 9:42 p.m.

In reply to Joshua:

That's it! That's what I see every time I see one on the street. That looks like a fun car!

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/15/12 10:16 p.m.

It is a 1LT trim car,

It will stay stock for now until I am able to purchase a set of proper wheels and tires for it, then slowly as the warranty goes away I will add what I can to make it more GLI like.

Cotton
Cotton Dork
11/16/12 11:40 a.m.
ultraclyde wrote: True on both counts. They WILL know, even if you reflash it, and WILL. Void the warranty. Ask my friend with the blown Z06 motor.

I'm surprised GM hasn't released a tune for it. The Solstice\Sky and HHR\Cobalt tunes were good and did not void the warranty. They actually had a line of parts...exhaust, intake, tunes, suspension, etc that did not void the warranty.

fifty
fifty Reader
11/16/12 1:18 p.m.
amg_rx7 wrote:
4cylndrfury wrote:
We have finished the Cruze 1.4T Stage 0 tuning package and we are getting impressive results. 170hp/177lb-ft (stock is 138hp/148lb-ft) has been achieved. Please review the Dyno and statistics below. We are setting the Stage 0 package price at $465
That Air : Fuel ratio looks way too lean.

It's a direct injected engine,hence can run leaner.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
11/16/12 1:57 p.m.

I've had some track time with the Cruze and came away very impressed. Both it and the new Focii are great small-mid sized cars with no real warts. I keep seeing LTZ Cruzes around here and think GM hit a home run.

Oh and John...good luck on the personal end of things. I hope it works out--or at least that you survive.

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
11/16/12 3:14 p.m.

I really really really wish that they offered it in a 3 door hatch

accordionfolder
accordionfolder HalfDork
11/16/12 3:22 p.m.

Ah, the downside of living in the states:

Or a wagon?

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltraDork
11/16/12 3:23 p.m.

In reply to accordionfolder:

Don't forget they already have a diesel too....

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Reader
11/16/12 3:34 p.m.

In China they also get the 1.6 Turbo engine. Give me the 5door with the 1.6 and I will be a happy camper. Heck grab that mean little Buick number, and that'd be wicked cool.

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof UberDork
11/16/12 4:06 p.m.
wbjones wrote: I really really really wish that they offered it in a 3 door hatch

Same here. If a 2 dr were available, I'd have my next car picked out.

wbjones
wbjones UltraDork
11/16/12 7:20 p.m.

2 dr ... yeah ... probably .. but I REALLY love the hatchback design

and at my age and flexibility I really don't like doors that open forward of the back edge of the seat ( push the B pillar back past the seat and I'm ok )

Vigo
Vigo SuperDork
11/17/12 9:33 a.m.
And you share a bloodline with the Z06 and ZR1, something that you can't get from Ferrari or Porsche.

My first thought was "pretty sure Ferrari and Porsche arent dying to share bloodline with Corvettes.."

I know, i know, but it was funnier to read it wrong in my head.

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean Reader
11/17/12 10:59 a.m.

I didnt realize the Cruze was such a great car... Thant awesome, glad to see GM heading the right direction. Hope everything works out for you John, Been through my fair share of "special times" here my self the last 3 years.. If you every want to shoot the poo.. give me a ring. Still have my number?

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/17/12 4:12 p.m.

In reply to sanyarcosean:

In one of the phones she turned off ;) I am thinking a road trip or twelve will be in my future once I get settled as well.

spacer
spacer
8/17/20 6:43 a.m.

In reply to patgizz :

When my wife bought hers, I was nearly 400 lbs, and at 6'4", there were cars I really couldn't drive, but the Cruze was just fine. The non-power seats were a factor, as well as the fact that the car doesn't have a sunroof. These features eat up a LOT of space in the cabin for big guys. 

We bought it about when these posts were made, and still have it, at about 260,000 miles and still tootin' along as our spare car (trade in value sucked badly enough that we just kept the car). 

Temptation is to strip it out and turn it into a track toy. :)

FSP_ZX2
FSP_ZX2 SuperDork
8/17/20 6:59 a.m.
spacer said:

In reply to patgizz :

"...when these posts were made..."

There went almost 8 years of my life that I won't get back. 

Kendall_Jones
Kendall_Jones HalfDork
8/17/20 7:16 a.m.

Yeah, no kidding.  Interestingly enough I am looking at a diesel cruze for commuting purposes.

Also, what ever happened to Lesley?

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/17/20 8:47 a.m.

In reply to Kendall_Jones :

I'm not friends with her, but I see her comment on FB posts fairly regularly.

Kendall_Jones
Kendall_Jones HalfDork
8/17/20 10:32 a.m.
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Kendall_Jones :

I'm not friends with her, but I see her comment on FB posts fairly regularly.

Thanks - One of my long term road racing buddies passed away recently.  I hadn't heard from him in awhile but we always assume everything is OK.  

wspohn
wspohn Dork
8/17/20 1:26 p.m.

Lazarus thread!

I kind of like the Cruze, but keep having impure thoughts of miscegenation, wondering if a Cobalt SS power unit could be made to fit.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jSitkHbp4AdB9Oo3vyK6t1dxlNCdgSdmPMAYkuxqdF7GV5CXkxiBu7XmQkwjeD9M