Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
5/14/14 9:13 a.m.

It’s no secret: We’re big fans of BMW’s E36-chassis cars. Few automobiles possess the Swiss army knife ability of these Bavarians, especially in M3 guise. Whether you need to haul four people to the golf links in luxury or win your local autocross class, the E36 BMWs can do it all.

Of course, every car has its faults. You’ll hear …

Read the rest of the story

Advan046
Advan046 Dork
5/15/14 2:14 p.m.

This is a great article that I wish could get wider distribution. I have long found that there are certain weak points in almost every car out there that can be resolved with some "Performance" or "racing" parts. The problem is that many people think those parts are only for racing or hooning. I try to explain that replacing it on a daily driver is just as valuable in terms of long term maintenance costs but only hear that kissing teeth sound of disapproval in reply.

Maybe I can show them this article and they will see the light. "Hey look this article is all about using performance parts to improve maintenance costs of your car!"

"Uh...Yes the name of the magazine is Grassroots Motorsport but that doesn't mean it is just for......."

'Sigh'

Sarah Young
Sarah Young Editorial/Art Assistant
5/16/14 8:19 a.m.

Good point, Advan046. Resolving a car's inherent flaws is just smart ownership and can even make things safer.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
5/16/14 2:32 p.m.

Thanks Advan046--- I love the balance of this car, and intend to keep it for the long term. It's been about a year and over 5,000 miles since the revamp, and all of the pieces are working perfectly. It may have been borderline overkill, but it's great to know that the cooling system now can take whatever I can dish out.....even here in Florida!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
91adho87eMq8MXzsmIXI6GaK4w2FScYzoxvj0Cf8IEb9p2wLPeD991dahdDswsh4