loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
11/17/18 6:39 p.m.

Amazon Prime just released episodes of The Gymkhana Files and it's a series on the making of Ken Block's Gymkhana series. It's amazing and interesting for car guys. Episodes 1 and 2 are up now and I think there are new episodes every Friday. Go check it out.

Fitzauto
Fitzauto Dork
11/17/18 6:42 p.m.

This is on my watch list. Always wanted to see what goes into creating something like this.

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/17/18 8:18 p.m.

Woah. Putting it in now. Thanks!

xflowgolf
xflowgolf SuperDork
11/19/18 10:30 a.m.

oh yeah.  forgot this launched over the weekend.  

LifeIsStout
LifeIsStout GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/19/18 12:23 p.m.

I watched both episodes over the weekend, I love the behind the scenes stuff.

edizzle89
edizzle89 SuperDork
11/19/18 3:21 p.m.

i saw that it was 'coming soon', didnt realize it was this soon, will have to check it out

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/19/18 3:34 p.m.

So far, I see nothing that I couldn't do given a 1400hp AWD Mustang.  (yeah, right) 

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
11/19/18 3:35 p.m.

Cool to watch. Don’t let your kids watch unless you want them to learn some profanity. 

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
11/19/18 4:04 p.m.

Man, I've seen Foley's crash there a  million times and obviously have seen the actual Block vid of the epic shot, and somehow watching the planning for it I was still getting nervous.

Watching Ken's driving is always impressive - even the un-rehearsed, un-scriped stage stuff is pretty insane - especially considering I drive many of the same stages at like half the speed he does and some parts scare the hell out of me even going slow. 

Also, if you park your slow e30 next to Ken's car at a stage rally, it will:

a) get absolutely no attention from any rally fan and

b) get used by Ken's codriver Alex as a place to lean and sign autographs

was still pretty cool parking next to him, and as cool as the Hoonicorn is, I think the Cossie was still cooler. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/19/18 4:41 p.m.
Sine_Qua_Non said:

Cool to watch. Don’t let your kids watch unless you want them to learn some profanity. 

How bad? My almpst 10 year old loved top gear and wants to try this. 

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
11/19/18 5:00 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:
Sine_Qua_Non said:

How bad? My almpst 10 year old loved top gear and wants to try this. 

Maybe 4 F words and a $hit or 2 there. Not that bad but it’s still there. My 10 yo daughter watched it with me. She was like “Dad! They are using the F word in our house!” LOL. She knows the rule however my 8 yo son would think it’s ok to say it. angry. I know he wants to watch it. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/19/18 5:13 p.m.

In reply to Sine_Qua_Non :

Cool. Thanks. Something for momma and i to discuss. 

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
11/19/18 9:14 p.m.

every time I watch the actual video, I wonder how fast that car could do the Pike's Peak run if he were doing it for pure time, with no hooning around....

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
11/19/18 9:58 p.m.

Loved this - was dead sick this weekend and chilling out with smoky tire goodness.

fidelity101
fidelity101 UltraDork
11/20/18 2:10 p.m.
Sine_Qua_Non said:

then you can graduate them to Narcos where they can learn a whole new language of swear words. 

NickD
NickD UberDork
11/20/18 3:12 p.m.

They also just did a pair of cool videos on the Hoonigans youtube channel. One was a deep dive into the mechanical aspects of the Hoonicorn, and the other was Ken Block talking about his Top 10 favorite stunts in all the Gymkhana videos.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vsuhPfR8knKucVvGrjb7RteyB0oHLRrNBGwFStATQqXsWk38kyhlBGrhCeNkCeoh