1 2
JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
7/14/16 3:51 p.m.

Bert will tell you himself that he has signed so many books it makes the unsigned books the rare version.

dherr
dherr GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/14/16 6:26 p.m.

In reply to red_stapler:

I was thinking the same thing, but my MX-5 needs a new top so I'll wait until the fall when I replace it and then put it on.....

pirate
pirate Reader
7/15/16 2:29 p.m.

Well the follow up Montezuma's Ferrari came with the UPS shipment today. Hope I enjoy it as much as The Last Open Road!

pirate
pirate HalfDork
5/14/20 8:39 a.m.

Well I started this thread  in 2016 after reading the Last Open Road in 2016. I then read the next two books in the series fairly close to finishing the first. The corona virus lock down has given me some extra time and I just finished the last book in the series Toly's Ghost. A bit wordy at times however I still enjoyed the adventures of Buddy and other characters. If you are a car person you will probably enjoy the books especially if you ever worked at a gas station or shop with colorful characters. 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
5/14/20 8:45 a.m.

"Toly's Ghost" isn't the last in the series. I have five  books on my shelf, you have more to read yet, "The 200 MPH Steamroller-Book I: Red Reign" is out and I assume there'll be a Book II eventually.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/14/20 8:46 a.m.

In reply to pirate :

There are two more after Toly's Ghost - "The 200 MPH Steamroller" parts 1 & 2.  I have both (part 2 has been out for a few years now), although I haven't finished part 2 yet. Granted, they are written from a different persepctive than the earlier books.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
5/14/20 8:48 a.m.

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

Oh, I didn't realize "Steamroller, part deux" was out. I'll have to make a purchase with some of the incentive money.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/14/20 8:52 a.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

Just checked my copy - Oct 2015 publishing date. 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
5/14/20 9:07 a.m.

"Last Open Road" story. There's a big car show in downtown Ann Arbor every year and I stop by an old friend's Corvette. His name is Harry. Parked next to him is a Morris Minor woody with a Finzio's Garage sticker on it. So, I strike up a conversation with the owner by asking "How's old man Finzio doing these days." He answers with a story about Finzio retiring and Buddy Palumbo taking over. We carry on for a few minutes like this and , finally Harry asks how we know each other. We don't, but we both played it perfectly and I explained the whole thing afterwards.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
5/14/20 9:10 a.m.
Ian F (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

Just checked my copy - Oct 2015 publishing date. 

Really........I feel a little like Rumpelstiltskin at the moment.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/14/20 9:31 a.m.

Thanks for the reminder, just ordered Steamroller II.

Mustang50
Mustang50 Reader
5/14/20 11:35 a.m.

I have all of his books, my wife ordered them for me and they have personnel note from Burt in all of them.  I started re-reading them during this lockdown, I'm starting The Fabulous Trashwagon tonight.  I prefer the first 4 as the 2 Steamroller books do not follow the Buddy story line.  My favorite is the chapter in The Last Open road with Buddy driving the C-Type across country.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S3HEPhVmRL6WLA2KNKRxlFHeobEHL9BPfBLZRDpgCcrM2Vx73r2gO5TGiwamGU4M