1 2 3 4 ... 11
JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
2/24/15 3:28 p.m.
wbjones wrote: speaking of ad placement … could you please put the HF ad backed by another ad, as opposed to being backed by an article … it has to be torn out and taken to the store to be used …and they keep the page

I suppose I should come clean and admit that I've printed a few of those ads when we got them and took them to the store to get the bargains early. It's like working at the zoo and getting to borrow a lion.

Good suggestion, though. Duly noted.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
2/24/15 4:07 p.m.

If I worked at the zoo I would saddle up a rhinoceros.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter PowerDork
2/26/15 1:31 p.m.

I saw a picture yesterday of Dali have tea with a rhino. Not related to anything, but seems relevant somehow.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
3/5/15 7:29 a.m.

Today, I just placed an order for a 1 year gift subscription.
My goal here is to send a copy of The Challenge issue to a friend. My intentions are to both share with him "the awesomeness of Infiniti" but also encourage him and basically challenge him to compete next year.

The reason for this post is I just want to get to "the power that be" and assure that this subscription will also include him getting The Challenge issue.
Thanks.

unevolved
unevolved SuperDork
3/5/15 8:22 a.m.

If it doesn't, send me an email and I'll drop my copy in the mail for you/him.

Eb4Prez
Eb4Prez New Reader
3/6/15 8:43 p.m.

Not sure where to direct this, but, who do I contact to find out the status of an order for merchandise (back issues, clothing, etc.)? Thanks

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
3/7/15 4:10 a.m.

call them 386-239-0523

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Editorial Assistant
3/9/15 10:20 a.m.

In reply to Eb4Prez:

That would be a question for Nancy. Unfortunately, she's out of the office this week for the Orange Blossom Tour. You could call next week or cross your fingers and try an email this week.

Eb4Prez
Eb4Prez New Reader
3/9/15 8:47 p.m.

Thanks, i can wait...but I need my stickers!! Maybe they can find a license plate frame laying around, didn't see one one the website store anymore...yeah, I'm old.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 PowerDork
3/12/15 9:01 a.m.

In the 2014 Challenge recap titled "Cheap Thrills" in the April 2015 issue there appears in the introductory paragraph a wonderful sentence relating the Challenge to Can-Am. While this sentence might have offended Puritanical goody-goodies in your readership (if in fact there are any), I found it to be quite hilarious, and my desire to attend or even participate in one of these events has never been stronger. No fewer than four GRM staffers are credited with crafting this article. I can only wonder which of these brilliant writers actually stuck those words together. Bravo!

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Associate Editor
3/12/15 11:25 a.m.

IIRC, I wrote the introduction. But that story truly was a team effort–we all work very well together.

admc58
admc58 Reader
3/15/15 3:42 p.m.

April issue, Pg 49, photo 6... And that guy in the shadows...crispy something...

etifosi
etifosi Reader
3/16/15 6:21 p.m.

You should do a "salon" photography treatment once or twice a year to an unusual and GRM'y racecar. Give the Challenge winner's car the Playboy centerfold treatment!

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid Dork
3/18/15 9:43 p.m.

How do we readers toss ideas for articals at you? EIGHTER as a writer or ideas to be covered?

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Associate Editor
3/19/15 11:02 a.m.

Go ahead and post here. We're listening.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/20/15 4:07 p.m.

Just a thought. Has anyone considered interviewing someone from redline or royal purple about oils and lubricants in general? What is new on the horizon what I myth and legend what is fact.

unevolved
unevolved SuperDork
3/22/15 8:34 a.m.

Yeah, that'd be nice. There's a TON of bullE36 M3 out there (when to switch to synthetic, which are better for which cars, will Mobil1 ACTUALLY make a BMW explode like the forums say, etc).

Toebra
Toebra New Reader
3/22/15 8:23 p.m.

More Norm Garrett, or stuff like that. Featuring Pete Brock's Datsun, brilliant excuse to have him write something. If you want to know lubricants, there is a guy on the Pelican Parts Board that wrote a book. He is the Mike formerly known as Lubey, no really.

How about this, "Road Trip" You get reader submitted photos and text about their trips/adventures. Make it a contest and you get free content, maybe give them one of your old project cars as a prize.

Mobil 1 will make a BMW explode? What does it do to a Miata?

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
3/24/15 9:43 a.m.
unevolved wrote: Yeah, that'd be nice. There's a TON of bullE36 M3 out there (when to switch to synthetic, which are better for which cars, will Mobil1 ACTUALLY make a BMW explode like the forums say, etc).

One more reason to come to our events!

We've had both Lake Speed Jr. (Driven Racing Oil), and Harry King (Performance Racing Oils--Millers) give lubricant seminars at the Mitty. Both were excellent speakers who had tons and tons of knowledge.

And no.....Mobil 1 will not make your BMW explode. If it is a track car though, you may want to look into using a dedicated racing oil. There have also been a number of oil discussions on this board which were very informative. (Harry and Lake have both chimed in to various threads)

These threads have a bunch of good information inside:

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/interesting-oil-research/99384/page1/

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/we-need-to-talk-oil/91213/page2/

Thanks for the suggestion---- maybe a print story is in order....

Toebra
Toebra New Reader
3/24/15 10:48 a.m.

Joe, that is great if you live on the East coast.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
3/24/15 1:55 p.m.

^^^ yes, Our Speedfest at the Mitty is a great event if you live on this side of the country! Of if you can travel this way to make it--- as many do!

Stay tuned. There are always informative threads popping up about lubricants on the forums, and if the editorial schedule allows, we may be able to get more in-depth in print as well.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/26/15 4:13 p.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: Thanks for the suggestion---- maybe a print story is in order....

Take a look here>>>> http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/red-line-or-royal-puple-or/100066/page1/

I started a thread about it as I wanted a quick idea what the forum readers use while trying to keep it as non argumentative as possible. An article in print would be great as the chances of me getting to a GRM even are slim unless you hold it up in New England. It would also be nice to have something to reference down the road and printed in the Magazine is much better for that.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
3/27/15 1:05 p.m.

Love this months Classic Motorsport. In a first for several years with either mag I've read it from cover to cover over the last few days.

Loved to see Lola test, sort of along the lines of my request a month or so ago. Now, let's see a recent F1 or Indy car next please :)

On the ongoing subject of print ads. I"m fine, I love looking through them, they are part of the enjoyment planning on how to spend my future Loto winnings. Also I love that the articles themselves are ad free.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
3/30/15 9:28 a.m.

If its time for the west coast to have an event, who would go, last time 1 car turned out to compete at the Westside Challenge.

West coasters need to start a thread if they want GRM to hold an event and show some real numbers and interest.

I would find a way to be there, but would you left siders?

Toebra
Toebra New Reader
4/1/15 2:54 a.m.

I don't know, we had a couple Miatas show up last September in Monterey. That is my grandson and I over by the food in the top left corner

1 2 3 4 ... 11
Our Preferred Partners
AR4rn9ergOFo1sDaBOFwYbkWMjW13Jnb5zJ6xibJ6QMoKKjX7VLKBMVwOVJnxVYx