1 2
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/11/18 8:22 p.m.

I would think that this thing would be pretty difficult to hide. 

https://www.facebook.com/114632825269303/posts/1892056217526946/

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/11/18 8:26 p.m.

Boooo!

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
11/11/18 8:31 p.m.

That stinks!

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
11/11/18 8:37 p.m.

Yeah, that thing would stick out like a sore thumb.  I hope they can recover it.

I remember probably 15 or 20 years ago someone stole a Hot Rod project car, I think it was a '65 or '66 Impala.  They never got that one back.  The thieves must have parted it out, as a few things like the fenders eventually turned up for sale somewhere years later.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
11/11/18 8:42 p.m.

In reply to stuart in mn :

That was one of my favorite project cars from back in the day. They did an amazing build on that one.

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
11/11/18 8:48 p.m.

Reminds me of the Sentra SE-R rally car that was stolen from a rally in Oregon a month or two ago, from the hotel they were staying in. Theives just drove it right away, but it's like ...why? I stage rally car all stickered up is sure to garner notice, and old B13 Sentras aren't exactly valuable for either parts or collecting.....

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/11/18 8:56 p.m.
stuart in mn said:

Yeah, that thing would stick out like a sore thumb.  I hope they can recover it.

I remember probably 15 or 20 years ago someone stole a Hot Rod project car, I think it was a '65 or '66 Impala.  They never got that one back.  The thieves must have parted it out, as a few things like the fenders eventually turned up for sale somewhere years later.

CarCraft's Heavy Metal Impala. They did in fact recover some of the sheet metal, The orange, and beige with graphic were a dead giveaway.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
11/11/18 9:29 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

That was it!  I guess my memory was a little fuzzy.

I just watched Lucky Costa's latest Youtube video and he mentioned the Mazdarati getting stolen - he said they'd just got done doing a bunch of work on it to get it running right.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
11/11/18 9:34 p.m.

In reply to stuart in mn :

I saw where Freiburger said the engine and trans were both broken.

Vigo
Vigo UltimaDork
11/11/18 9:34 p.m.

Actually I think they'd just got done majorly blowing it up after getting it working right. It's a goofy scenario. I saw the pic of the trailer it was stolen off of and the trailer was worth more than the truck. 

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/11/18 9:39 p.m.
irish44j said:

Reminds me of the Sentra SE-R rally car that was stolen from a rally in Oregon a month or two ago, from the hotel they were staying in. Theives just drove it right away, but it's like ...why? I stage rally car all stickered up is sure to garner notice, and old B13 Sentras aren't exactly valuable for either parts or collecting.....

I heard about that when it happened.  Any idea if they found it?  I haven't seen any updates online.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Reader
11/11/18 9:43 p.m.

It's out by the Colorado River , lots of iffy people living down dirt roads ,  they saw a new boat motor sitting in the back of a pick up truck !

The truck will be found less motor.....

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
11/11/18 10:19 p.m.
logdog said:
irish44j said:

I heard about that when it happened.  Any idea if they found it?  I haven't seen any updates online.

I haven't heard anything on the rally groups, but can't say I've been following.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
11/11/18 10:35 p.m.

In reply to Nick Comstock :

I went back and watched it again - Lucky said he was working on Roadkill for five days and they got the car all done, and then it was stolen.  Of course if it was a typical Roadkill episode, they broke it again while filming.  smiley

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
11/11/18 10:42 p.m.

Frieburger said on Instagram that it was stolen "with a blown up engine and transmission" and his previous post was showing the broken parts on the drag strip. I hope they find the douchebags who stole it

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
11/12/18 5:31 a.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

The best part will be when they get caught after having stolen what amounts to JUNK. 

I always get a laugh when people get busted for stealing the stupidest things or a tiny amount of cash.

”You’ve been found guilty of armed robbery for stealing $3.00! 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
11/12/18 6:12 a.m.
  • That's not a Mazdarati. I drove the Mazdarati back in high school in the 80's. It was a beat up GLC made from two GLCs. 
Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/12/18 6:22 a.m.
stuart in mn said:

Car Craft's beige Impala.  I was a subscriber during its build.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
11/12/18 6:30 a.m.
loosecannon said:

Frieburger said on Instagram that it was stolen "with a blown up engine and transmission" and his previous post was showing the broken parts on the drag strip. 

The key lesson here is, if you you are going to steal from Roadkill, you need to do it BEFORE they shoot the episode. 

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project Reader
11/12/18 6:47 a.m.

I hope they find it...
With a proper engine back in it. :)

I had (can't find them) videos of me running autocross behind it at the 2016 Car Craft Summer Nationals. Definitely a neat truck and it looks like they made it a lot nicer since then.

JmfnB
JmfnB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/12/18 8:49 a.m.

The theft of Mazdarati again reaffirms my long held belief that people are indeed the reason that I hate people.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
11/12/18 9:40 a.m.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/1/19 4:34 p.m.

Apparently this thing got found somehow. Just had a hit it's back on roadkill. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/1/19 4:41 p.m.

Edit- appears to be a memorial episode. Motor trend is not something I subscribe to.  

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project Reader
1/1/19 4:41 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

I've been seeing a bunch of Facebook ad/posts by Roadkill saying "The Mazdarati is back!", but from what I gather it hasn't been found but it is footage that they were making right before it got stolen.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jdN6lhJLK8bF9Xe2pGA4ieCxDsyDbjbZRAFzww1vtekI2SH9401xDjnABKQCOPU1