1 2
murdock
murdock New Reader
10/24/08 1:39 p.m.

Yeah it has an open diff. I should have budget for a real lsd, but welded diff would save some dough. I'm really leaning toward the Lexus V8 now. It has the biggest originality factor for a BMW swap. If I just swap a M50 it would have just been cheaper and easier to buy a 325 from the start and turbo it. Then I can get a nice 340i emblem or start tuning and get it to rev to 8400 with ITB then it would be a cheap E92 M3 clone. walterj brought up a good point about the brake booster that I hadn't thought about. Anyone have any more info about what would take to make one or relocated. The 4.0 V8 should be smaller than the chevy v8 so it may not be an issue. Guess I'll just have to buy everything and see if it fits.

One other thing that bugs me is there is no simple manual transmission for engine. So I'd have to make an adapter to a supra transmission, or maybe even the Getrag transmission I have or use and automatic which would lose some of the fun.

jwc38
jwc38 New Reader
10/24/08 2:47 p.m.
walterj wrote: E36 Power: Any FI Chevy V8 with an aluminum block will drop in but the driverside header will cost you the brake booster and if you can't make one yourself... a lot of dough.

On the other hand you could adapt in a BMW hydroboost system, i grabbed mine at the scrap yard for something like 30-40 bucks, it may just offer you that extra bit of clearance for the heads.

JmfnB
JmfnB GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/24/08 4:33 p.m.

OR

MAKE A DECISION!

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/24/08 10:31 p.m.

what is that enormous snail for?

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT New Reader
10/25/08 8:56 a.m.

I'm guessing Navy ship turbo diesel.

David

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
10/25/08 11:09 a.m.
jj wrote:
el Guapo Mofo wrote: The Hongs would cut a piece of scrap wood to make an adapter between the air inlet and a leaf blower and build a throttle system that increases leaf blower speed with engine speed.
Leaf blowers are good for 10-15 WHP. http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Leaf-Blower-Bolt-on-Dyno_7514.htm Why not try four leaf blowers.....

hahahhaa

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
L0u1KXWit9VSNk1fLQW5EmNkuIZH5EhDHNiq5LgnQwE7CdnAohaCFVbiKfG9pCjl