1 2 3 ... 6
dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/30/11 7:26 p.m.

Hmm. It will be interesting to see what this turns into!

From another forum...

According to a column in Automobile Magazine, the author visited FFR and gleaned that the next FFR car will be mid-engined, less than 2000 lbs, and Subaru WRX donor-based. He then speculated that it might be Lancia Stratos-like in appearance.

That would be a cool little ride, given than deeper in the same issue there was a feature on a limited run of 25 F430 Scuderia-based Stratos recreations that would sell for $600k+.

Elsewhere, there was talk of an exo-skeleton kit of some sort. Not sure if the projects are one and the same, but could it be some sort of mid-engined Atom-like car with WRX power?

They have an event every winter called "Moochfest" and their website mentions an unveiling that will take place at this year's event (2/12).

http://www.factoryfive.com/whatsnew/showevent/moochfest/2011/joinus.html

ShadowSix
ShadowSix New Reader
1/30/11 7:38 p.m.
dyintorace wrote: According to a column in Automobile Magazine, the author visited FFR and gleaned that the next FFR car will be mid-engined, less than 2000 lbs, and Subaru WRX donor-based. He then speculated that it might be Lancia Stratos-like in appearance.

Oh.

My.

God.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
1/30/11 7:39 p.m.

Yup-want one!

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 HalfDork
1/30/11 7:42 p.m.

That is the direction I was hoping for. Nice. The GTR is berkeleying sweet, but I'm afraid of myself with 400++ hp in a 2500 lb car. I'm less afraid of myself with 250++ hp in a 2000 lb car. No good logic, but too fast is too fast.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut SuperDork
1/30/11 8:16 p.m.

And that gentlemen, is how in a single post any desire to sell my WRX vanished.

I vote Lancia, though. I need a summer driver!

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/30/11 8:24 p.m.

I'd like to see this..

SillyImportRacer
SillyImportRacer Reader
1/30/11 9:10 p.m.

You guys are going to get me in trouble with my wife.

Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/30/11 9:19 p.m.

dear god yes. now if they made it look like an 037 or even an RS200... I don't care about AWD, mid engine RWD would be more fun in the RS200 anyway. can you imagine an 037 with the soundtrack of a well built Subaru flat 4?

Drewsifer
Drewsifer HalfDork
1/30/11 9:25 p.m.

Aw man, price on WRX's just went up.

But seriously, could be very cool.

Hasbro
Hasbro HalfDork
1/30/11 11:39 p.m.

That really is great news. The new Stratos is gorgeous. F5 always designs very good looking cars. Sounds like a win win. Please please please make it a short wheelbase.

madpanda
madpanda New Reader
1/31/11 12:17 a.m.

Oooh, Do you guys think it would be possible to get around the insurance issues and make this eligible for stage rally

I would even be happy with a FF5 Stratos Spec Rally Cross class :D

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing HalfDork
1/31/11 4:38 a.m.

I want one too.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed HalfDork
1/31/11 6:57 a.m.

That sounds really cool.

T.J.
T.J. SuperDork
1/31/11 7:24 a.m.
Slyp_Dawg wrote: can you imagine an 037 with the soundtrack of a well built Subaru flat 4?

If I ever own a car that looks like this:

I don't want it to sound like a tractor. The Subaru sound is ok for Subarus, but it sounds very agricultural to me.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
1/31/11 7:52 a.m.

In reply to T.J.:

Equal length headers change the tone quite a bit.

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/31/11 8:03 a.m.

Suddenly I find myself clearing my schedule so I can attend this moochfest event...

Anyone else going?

DaveEstey
DaveEstey HalfDork
1/31/11 8:14 a.m.

Hmmm that's only a couple hours away. Maybe I shall pay a visit..

In my Subaru.

T.J.
T.J. SuperDork
1/31/11 8:26 a.m.

Please go and bring a camera.

kb58
kb58 Reader
1/31/11 8:51 a.m.
MrJoshua wrote: In reply to T.J.: Equal length headers change the tone quite a bit.

^This. I asked a few people that know, why the STi sounds like a six-cylinder with two plug wires pulled off. They said that because the turbo ends up near one cylinder, the primaries have wildly differing lengths.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
1/31/11 9:01 a.m.

I'm ready to hear about a WRX based kit from Factory Five...sounds extremely tempting!

I'd probably still rather have the Hot Rod kit though. I love those things.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
1/31/11 9:28 a.m.

Yeah, I've never really had anything for old Hot Rods, so their '33 Kit does nothing for me.

But I've lusted after a F5 Coupe ever since I discovered their existence, and an MR based off a Scooby could certainly take it's place.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
1/31/11 9:32 a.m.

I want a Metro 6R4 look alike.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/31/11 9:53 a.m.
tb wrote: Suddenly I find myself clearing my schedule so I can attend this moochfest event... Anyone else going?

Please go, and, as requested, please take lots of photos!!!

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/31/11 9:55 a.m.

How about a Renault R5 Turbo with the WRX engine

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/31/11 9:57 a.m.

Please somebody go and find out about this.

1 2 3 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4DSlRk1KymY9bh5KvVV7UGk4N5Z7Hmb3ZkiiwlonLUONRk4toYawqlQjpA23vJlS