1 2
Huh
Huh
5/14/10 1:39 p.m.

I went on the net (or whatever yuppie hipsters call it these days) at 5:10 AM. I want to get a dodge colt (Cheap, Fun, Easy-to-fix), in Ontario, between Windsor and Kingston (and anywhere in between). There are no fifth-gen colts ANYWHERE around here. HELP!

Vigo
Vigo Reader
5/14/10 1:45 p.m.

Uhhh.. ive got a 7th generation Colt in Texas thats been converted to electric.. but that doesnt help you..

good luck on the search, those arent exactly common anymore from what ive seen.

alfadriver
alfadriver Dork
5/14/10 2:02 p.m.

does that not impy that the car was that popular?

non-existant popular (mass produced item) is an oxymoron.

Huh
Huh New Reader
5/14/10 2:05 p.m.

Thanks. BTW, How do you get those feeling icons (or whatever they call them) to work?

integraguy
integraguy HalfDork
5/14/10 2:25 p.m.

If the 5th gen. Colt is the one I think it is....they were "crap cars" when new. And even tho they were sold under various nameplates, somehow, they never sold all that well. Every now and then I will see one, but by and large they have gone to the local junkyards for stripping.

Huh
Huh New Reader
5/15/10 7:44 a.m.
integraguy wrote: If the 5th gen. Colt is the one I think it is....they were "crap cars" when new. And even tho they were sold under various nameplates, somehow, they never sold all that well. Every now and then I will see one, but by and large they have gone to the local junkyards for stripping.

the 84-88 I belive was the 5th Gen. Yes, it was bad, Yes, it had an identity crisis the size of Britney Spears' ego, but somehow, a mini M3 would be of order- Don't you think?

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Reader
5/15/10 8:00 a.m.

Just for fun, I googled "Dodge Colt For Sale" and found one here for $500 in Cheyenne, Wyoming. There was one in Maryland, too, IIRC. Not exactly accessible on the 401, but they ARE out there.

(Did anybody else know that C/D was now providing a consolidation service for used car ads from all over? Talk about returning to your roots! Back when funny little foreign cars were just getting started, the classifieds in the back pages of C/D or R&T were one of the few ways to sell your Jaguar or whatever.)

Huh
Huh New Reader
5/15/10 8:02 a.m.

I have evil thoughts for that wagon...

integraguy
integraguy HalfDork
5/15/10 8:07 a.m.

Ooops, the '84 to 88 is a 5th gen? I had it figured as the 3rd or 4th. Actually, that vintage Colt is weirdly interesting...I sort of like the "folded paper" / origami look of vintage '80s Japanese cars. Those are long gone in my "neck of the woods", tho occasionally you will find one languishing on the back of a small used car lot in a small town....usually with automatic.

integraguy
integraguy HalfDork
5/15/10 8:12 a.m.

The British mag Bansai has 2 or 3 articles on Colts in the current issue. One article details the early to mid '90s Colt hatch (a model the U.S. did NOT get) that had an AWD/turbo setup from an AWD Mitsu product transplanted into it.

Another article details a Mitsu FTO. The FTO was a sort of Mazda MX3/Toyota Celica kind of car.

The other Mitsu article(s) I forget.

integraguy
integraguy HalfDork
5/15/10 8:26 a.m.

OMG, this doesn't help you, but I just went to CL for Daytona Beach, Fl. and found an '88 Colt WAGON listed for $2250. It has less than 78K miles on it and the pictures in the ad make it look like brand new. Downside? it has automatic.

Wowak
Wowak SuperDork
5/15/10 11:35 a.m.
Huh wrote: I want to get a dodge colt

Well THERE'S YER PROBLEM!

novaderrik
novaderrik New Reader
5/15/10 7:24 p.m.

those cars were almost worthless when i started driving in 1990- a couple of my friends would buy mid 80's Colts for a couple hundred dollars, drive them until they died or fell apart, then find another one and either swap the needed parts from the new one to the broken one or just start over with the new on and repeat the process. they never had a running car for more than a few months at a time, and yet they kept getting more of them.

Kia_racer
Kia_racer Reader
5/15/10 7:31 p.m.

Dodge Colt with a twin stick. So much fun in a itty bitty package.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
5/15/10 8:22 p.m.
Huh wrote: I went on the net (or whatever yuppie hipsters call it these days) at 5:10 AM. I want to get a dodge colt (Cheap, Fun, Easy-to-fix), in Ontario, between Windsor and Kingston (and anywhere in between). There are no fifth-gen colts ANYWHERE around here. HELP!

you want to buy a rust prone old car in ontario??

Good luck

Huh
Huh New Reader
5/17/10 11:03 a.m.
ignorant wrote:
Huh wrote: I went on the net (or whatever yuppie hipsters call it these days) at 5:10 AM. I want to get a dodge colt (Cheap, Fun, Easy-to-fix), in Ontario, between Windsor and Kingston (and anywhere in between). There are no fifth-gen colts ANYWHERE around here. HELP!

you want to buy a rust prone old car in ontario??

Good luck

Remember that big saw Jeremy used in the Stretch-Limo challenge, and what was that about everything fits with a welder?

Huh
Huh New Reader
5/20/10 1:06 p.m.
integraguy wrote: Actually, that vintage Colt is weirdly interesting...I sort of like the "folded paper" / origami look of vintage '80s Japanese cars.

Glad to see someone who does. I'm partial to Japanese metal myself. +1,000,000 on liking the folded-paper look. it is cool, that.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
5/20/10 1:14 p.m.

Y'all realize this guy is EconoBox, right?

Huh
Huh New Reader
5/20/10 1:23 p.m.
NYG95GA wrote: Y'all realize this guy is EconoBox, right?

Aw, Shut Up...

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Reader
5/20/10 1:27 p.m.

what did i miss?

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
5/20/10 1:28 p.m.
Huh wrote:
NYG95GA wrote: Y'all realize this guy is EconoBox, right?

Aw, Shut Up...

Canoe.

Huh
Huh New Reader
5/20/10 1:29 p.m.
NYG95GA wrote:
Huh wrote:
NYG95GA wrote: Y'all realize this guy is EconoBox, right?

Aw, Shut Up...

Canoe.

Idiot

Huh
Huh New Reader
5/20/10 1:30 p.m.
nutherjrfan wrote: what did i miss?

Officer, there's an A$$HOLE Insulting me...

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
5/20/10 1:32 p.m.
nutherjrfan wrote: what did i miss?

youve been bamboozled!

but if you want to take a ride down a slow stream, huh-conobox can help!

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Reader
5/20/10 1:43 p.m.

god after the off-topic shenanigans i'm confussed (sp!) are you guys frenemies, a little plainspeak would go a long way

1 2
4l8KWILBSayYf1hllhzwMIQUonHS5Z9M