1 2 3
NickD
NickD SuperDork
3/16/17 5:15 p.m.
Zomby Woof wrote: Not sure if the 16 got it, but I believe the 17 has the new 1.4T. Apparently a more capable motor. My friend has a 1.4T Cruze manual. It wasn't bad. Not my thing, but better than I expected.

The 2016 Cruze had the new DI 1.4T. The Cruze Limited is just a '15 that was held over and had the old 1.4T and 1.8L

Duke
Duke MegaDork
3/18/17 6:27 p.m.

Just got back from test driving these cars with DD#2's boyfriend. I'd love to see where the 5-doors are getting "shoved out the door" because all we were offered was list minus minimal rebates. 2 different dealership groups, as well.

Drove a Corolla SE and was thoroughly underwhelmed from the passenger seat. It was smallish inside and at the mid trim level it was just OK. The 1.8 / CVT combo was barely tolerable, and did nothing to dispel my dislike of CVTs. The iM is only available in the base trim level and was notably less nice inside.

The Cruze 5-door is not made in the base LS trim, only the mid level LT. And it's still maybe a grand more expensive than the LT sedan, and about $3500 more than the cheapo LS sedan.

The Cruze was a lot more car for the money, and nicer to drive. Or ride in , anyway. But the deep discounts on he 5-doors just aren't happening around here.

NickD
NickD SuperDork
3/27/17 5:24 a.m.

Sounds like Toyota is trying to drum up interest for the iM, because for the 2017 season Fredric Aasbo will be running a RWD-converted iM, with screaming 1000hp 2AR, in Formula Drift. He had been running a RWD tC, and then already had a new car underway for '17. Everyone figured it would be an FR-s/GT86/86, but last night he unveiled the Rockstar Energy/Nexen Tire Corolla iM

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
3/27/17 7:41 a.m.

Its funny that the Toyota iM keeps popping up in ads after I Google searched it to find out what the hell it was.

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
3/27/17 8:44 p.m.

Yeah google is pretty bad about that. They do some amazing things and rather than pay them license fees for software we pay them in privacy. Its funny though because I'll search sometimes about cars that are bad just to see how bad they are or where they went wrong. Then I get ads for the thing right after reading horror stories.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MelCMjCB9cFr8v1Hu8lQ6KbsMId0EPigmabwn0s1J29rMtQ77LdTytY7Ju8F0euy