The Staff of Motorsport Marketing
The Staff of Motorsport Marketing Writer
12/22/16 11:06 a.m.

Story by Gary Horstkorta

At first glance, it looks like a nearly finished 1934 Ford hotrod: solid wheels, Ford hubcaps, fenderless body, lowered front end and suicide doors. However, moving closer you see four-wheel disc brakes, control rods, anti-roll bars, a digital dash and a full roll cage.

This is not a regular hotrod, but something much more–perhaps a real …

Read the rest of the story

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/25/16 2:25 p.m.

That car is FANTASTIC!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
12/31/19 10:45 a.m.

Happy New Year. I bumped this story back to the home page just because. 

newrider3
newrider3 New Reader
12/31/19 11:28 a.m.

Are there any more technical pics of this car around? Specifically of the front suspension? Very interesting setup.

David S. Wallens
12/31/19 11:42 a.m.
newrider3 said:

Are there any more technical pics of this car around? Specifically of the front suspension? Very interesting setup.

We should have more. Once we're all back in the office on Thursday, we can check and upload.

java230
java230 UberDork
12/31/19 11:58 a.m.

Very Very Awesome.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
12/31/19 12:35 p.m.

Wow 

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/31/19 2:52 p.m.

That car is STILL fantastic!  

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE HalfDork
1/1/20 11:18 a.m.

I'd love to see more details on this, too- I'd LOVE to start a Hot/Rat Rod styled project to camouflage a track and road weapon like this.

_
_ Dork
1/1/20 11:52 a.m.

How "light" are old fords? I've always wanted to do an all import version of this with this body. Like Miata skeleton, k24 all motor, and inboard suspension. 
but NONE of that weirdo steampunk/rusted to E36 M3e "fake patina" wannabe stuff. 

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Reader Services
1/2/20 10:32 a.m.

For your viewing pleasure (and because David told me to), I've added more technical pictures. Enjoy!

Autobreza
Autobreza None
1/20/20 12:30 p.m.

Alternate Nickname: "Pickle Rick" (S3E3).

David S. Wallens
1/20/20 1:10 p.m.
GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE HalfDork
1/20/20 1:36 p.m.

In reply to Autobreza :

I love veggietales!

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
1/20/20 1:51 p.m.
_ said:

How "light" are old fords? I've always wanted to do an all import version of this with this body. Like Miata skeleton, k24 all motor, and inboard suspension. 
but NONE of that weirdo steampunk/rusted to E36 M3e "fake patina" wannabe stuff. 

They're pretty light. I wouldn't be surprised if this car is in the 2500 lb range. Very cool to see one of these made into a track weapon. I'd probably have gone with unequal length control arms up front instead of a twin I beam, but the result does look a bit more period-correct.

nimblemotorsports
nimblemotorsports Reader
1/20/20 4:01 p.m.
_ said:

Like this one.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TPaZ6ToTO4

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
1/20/20 10:36 p.m.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/20/20 11:12 p.m.

I always wanted to do a Fiat Topolino body on a 124 Chassis. Maybe nothing near the workmanship, fabrication, and power of the Sewer Pickle, but it still would have been fun

cmcgregor (Forum Supporter)
cmcgregor (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
5/11/21 11:28 a.m.

I just saw this car on Saturday at a local rally! I love getting the backstory. Such a cool piece of engineering.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
w9OLJQMhT05hAMzcrIQWvBSmtevsW5bmkIuNQPvbRrPxV4YDnVwJnJD7xcKF7AcH