1 2
Mrmikegordon
Mrmikegordon None
6/21/19 2:36 p.m.

On my 3rd Z.

Gone up the food chain with a 77 280Z, 83 280ZX and now an 84 300ZX 50th with 17K. Multiple show winner and all original. Finding a mechanic is easy...just look for the old guy at any Nissan dealer :)

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/21/19 3:14 p.m.
racerdave600 said:

Back in the early '90's we had club member with one. What I remember most is the rear bumper almost hit the ground on autocross launches. Man it was soft.

The suspension geometry did that.

In a 200SX with worn shocks (redundant), you could practically slam the fuel tank into the ground by pogoing the suspension with throttle application.  Touching the throttle would suck the suspension up to the bumpstop.

CMSchoff
CMSchoff
11/29/19 4:41 p.m.

I love these cars! I currently own 11 of them! 

Saron81
Saron81 Reader
11/29/19 8:51 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

Back around 2002 or so I saw an all white (white wheels too) turbo damn near slam its rear bumper off the ground on launch, and for the next 2 shifts at a (Nopi?) import drag event. It was legit fast though... ran 10s on radials. 

My mom also sold them in the mid/late 80s when they were new, and she'd bring one home every once in a while. It was a pretty cool car for me back then, so I've always had a soft spot for them.

Plus... the turbos gave us that awesome hood scoop! I had one on my XR4TI To feed a top mount intercooler, and they were all the rage in the VW scene at one point too!

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/29/19 8:53 p.m.
CMSchoff said:

I love these cars! I currently own 11 of them! 

Welcome to the forum!  Start a garage thread and tell us all about them.

It's also somewhat traditional to humblebrag about how many of them are actually registered or running.  Of course those two factors are never the same number... or if they are, it is entirely coincidental

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nSc61jA65tSz1xxEhFMQC882DTsDzGOYGaxHisrn1mo70usqUnKtAREIRVSis1HS