1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 219
eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
1/30/17 1:28 p.m.

In reply to Chadeux:

I think I've seen maybe one or two of those on the road in the last few years. They're a lot more common at car shows.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/31/17 5:28 p.m.

1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula appears all original and supposedly 1 of 1 ordered in this color combo.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
2/5/17 12:31 p.m.

Two in Ann Arbor last week:

photo 165EDD30-956E-43AF-8B5A-3488971267AB_zpsfyvaybgp.jpg

photo 4C71EB83-B5D0-4698-BC78-737D13E9DD4B_zpswd9hygix.jpg

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
2/5/17 12:35 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: Got a few to post from the last week or so. First an update:
GameboyRMH wrote: I'm not sure what I saw yesterday...I passed some kind of Rolls Royce Phantom knockoff, very quickly in traffic. The most noticeable difference in the front end was the slightly "slanty" headlights, not right angles like the real deal. When I looked in the rearview it had what looked like a (recent) Chrysler emblem on the back. It may have been one of these: http://intorg.netfirms.com/Cars10/RollsRoyce/2005_rolls_royce_phantom_replica.htm I remember the front end being more angular and less similar to the real RR than that though. Maybe some Chinese knockoff? Have driven next to the real deal before BTW...the loudest noise it made was the tires rolling.
GameboyRMH wrote:
einy wrote: That description screams Chrysler 300 conversion ...
Saw it again yesterday, confirmed it's a 300C conversion, the taillights are the same. The front looks a bit different from anything I can find online though, the headlights are LEDs.
I snapped a pic of this car, out the window while driving right through the center of the capital a few days ago. Not bad considering that I was driving at a sprinting pace. You can see a reflection of the Samurai's mud tires on the right edge of the grille. It's being used as a taxi.

Could that be a Charger conversion? Hood doesn't look like a 300c to me

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/5/17 12:50 p.m.

I saw a beautiful looking ur-S, with personalized plates I couldn't read from the distance (four characters, space, three characters) turning down a side street in my sleepy little old-people neighborhood.

No idea if it was an S4 or S6, and it was that weird not-quite-white color that Audi liked in the early 90s.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/5/17 8:59 p.m.

I saw an old hippie driving a ratty Honda N600 yesterday.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/5/17 10:00 p.m.

There's been a Vehicross with front end damage at a body shop on my way to work the past two weeks. I feel bad for the guys looking for a bumper for that thing.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/28/17 2:46 p.m.
cmcgregor wrote: Could that be a Charger conversion? Hood doesn't look like a 300c to me

That's definitely not a stock 300C hood and it looks more like the Charger hood, but the rest of the car is definitely a 300C. So the hood must be part of the conversion kit, which makes sense considering the very different shape of the front grille.

Another unicorn: Saw a front cut of a red Alfa-Romeo Brera on the back of a lorry yesterday. Haven't seen the dark gray one again, I think it belonged to a visiting rally driver.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
4/5/17 8:20 a.m.

A bit of a cheat on this one. I didn't really see it in the wild. I had to pick up some bits for my car from the dealer and was going to send my wife, but Jeff 'Gearheadotaku' let me know there was a 918 in the service bay, so I went in person and snapped a couple of pics. This is the first one I've seen in person. It's so cool I completely missed the fact that there was a GT3 parked next to it.

trucke
trucke Dork
4/5/17 9:33 a.m.

This beautiful '72 Detomaso Pantera stopped by our autocross event last night. 18,000 original miles. Has been in the same family since new! It was showroom condition!

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Dork
4/6/17 12:04 a.m.

I saw one of those nb miatas with a different front end on it today , but I couldn't see what it was as it was passing me going the oposited direction.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/6/17 8:52 a.m.

Not a car, but I'm visiting my parents in Ottawa. There's a travel agent, an independent record store, a PC repair shop and a video rental store within a couple of blocks! Talk about unicorns.

BMWGeoff
BMWGeoff GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/6/17 9:17 a.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: Not a car, but I'm visiting my parents in Ottawa. There's a travel agent, an independent record store, a PC repair shop and a video rental store within a couple of blocks! Talk about unicorns.

You're not talking about the Carling Ave. and Broadview Ave. area are you Keith?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/6/17 9:52 a.m.

Middle of the Glebe, surrounded by million dollar houses! Specifically, on Bank right around 3rd Ave.

Heck, you can see the record store, the video store and the PC repair shop right here, the latter two are upstairs. The travel agent is in the next block. My parent's account number at the video store is around 1500, they're using five digits now. Also: more coffee shops within urinating distance than we have in Grand Junction

Goooooogle map street view

BMWGeoff
BMWGeoff GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/6/17 10:16 a.m.

That picture is the definition of the Glebe... kinda makes me homesick for Ottawa.

Crxpilot
Crxpilot New Reader
4/8/17 12:44 p.m.

Not my pic but I saw a green '90s Toyota Hilux Surf in west TX. Something like that would make a great rural mail truck.

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
4/8/17 2:41 p.m.

Saw a BMW i8 cruise through town today

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Dork
4/10/17 11:49 a.m.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
4/10/17 7:12 p.m.

GTA Renault last night parked on the street. Looked very clean. Now if just knew how to get my Instagram pics here I could show y'all.

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
4/10/17 7:16 p.m.

Saw a super beetle yesterday

Getting rare on the ground here

Toebra
Toebra Reader
4/11/17 1:08 p.m.

I saw a Superbeetle autocrossing on Saturday. Id did not even know you could get RPF1 wheels to fit one of those

ClassicHondaGuy
ClassicHondaGuy New Reader
4/11/17 2:49 p.m.

In reply to Crxpilot:

Saw one of these on the SCCA Magic Mile Road Rally in Athens, GA last weekend.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/11/17 3:05 p.m.

I'm kind of on a roll here the past few days, no pics tho, unfortunately .

Saw a Mercedes SLS on Saturday pulling into Lowes as I was leaving, then yesterday saw both a mint, bone stock FD RX7 and a slightly less cherry MkIV Supra on the way home.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
4/12/17 12:19 p.m.

This past weekend, I saw a Buick Reatta convertible while on a road trip to Virginia. It looked like it was in pretty nice shape, too. I usually see a Reatta every few months, but I can't remember the last time I saw a convertible version.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
4/12/17 12:24 p.m.
1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 219

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Fn0aJ0km40jWwe1edJF2MHCBP5CQgIblJ5FX0SRIj1DhDM66nfLoK4PxwiNsXLrq