1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 219
nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
6/10/17 5:39 p.m.

In reply to Crackers:

You know if I had it I'd happily pay $6+k for that and there are few cars that I would do that for. Just needs the U.K. body work to be perfect.

JeffHarbert
JeffHarbert GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/12/17 11:52 a.m.

I saw a Sundance-based Plymouth Duster yesterday. Remember those?

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
6/12/17 1:24 p.m.

Total potato pic, but Dodge Dakota Convertible!!!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/12/17 1:58 p.m.

There was one of these parked across the street from work the other day:

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
6/16/17 11:05 a.m.

I saw a white Mk5 Jetta Sportwagen with a 2.0T badge on the back. I never knew such an animal existed, I thought they were all 2.5l or TDIs. Some Googling told me that they were only available with the 2.0T in '09.

I think I may have freaked the lady driving it out just a little. She merged onto the expressway ahead of me, I thought to myself, "hey a Sportwagen," then I saw the 2.0T badge as she moved to the middle lane and sped away. I couldn't tell for sure what generation it was from the rear, so I accelerated to get ahead and get a look at the front end. About as soon as I got a look at the front of her car she punched it and sped away. I'm sure I looked like a creeper in my Grandpamobile Grand Marquis speeding up next to her, and gawking at her car.

So, to the lady in the white 2.0T Sportwagen, I wasn't checking you out, please don't feel objectified, I was just checking your car out.

Google image of 2.0T Sportwagen:

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing Dork
6/16/17 12:00 p.m.

I just saw a Prius with a Trump/Pence sticker on the back window. That's got to be more rare than the 2017 Lambo Superveloce I followed for 4 miles a couple months back

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/16/17 12:54 p.m.
Hal wrote: Went to a Subaru meet today. Saw some unicorns.

Hehehe these are extremely common by me!

Finally got a pic of this:

Parked next to a local rarity, a non-prestigious-brand German car!

GameboyRMH
6/16/17 12:55 p.m.
WildScotsRacing wrote: I just saw a Prius with a Trump/Pence sticker on the back window. That's got to be more rare than the 2017 Lambo Superveloce I followed for 4 miles a couple months back

Hey, maybe he gets his electricity from a coal power station

stroker
stroker SuperDork
6/16/17 3:45 p.m.

Saw a Maserati Crossover this morning? Didn't know they existed...

coexist
coexist New Reader
6/16/17 5:23 p.m.

Who needs to haul their friends around Alabama slowly? Get this T-MAG-XXC at GovDeals Auction

JeffHarbert
JeffHarbert GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/17/17 6:22 p.m.

Saw a first-gen SHO today. Haven't seen one of these in forever.

johndej
johndej HalfDork
6/17/17 6:57 p.m.

Dodge rampage, triumph vitesse convertible, and qvale mangusta at local cars and coffee this morning

GVX19
GVX19 Reader
6/17/17 6:57 p.m.

I saw this at the gm dealer and took photos for this Thread 4 months ago. As you can see I never put them up.

https://killeen.craigslist.org/cto/6181105327.html

Geekspeed
Geekspeed Reader
6/19/17 1:02 p.m.

Friday night in Santa Barbara, CA, I saw a Consulier GTP driving south on the 101 freeway. Unfortunately I was driving and it was at night, so I couldn't get a pic. I had never seen one in person, so I was very excited. My family thought I was insane.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/19/17 1:05 p.m.

What's that? Subaru made a convertible?

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/19/17 1:19 p.m.

That appears to be a Suzuki Cappucchino

There are a couple of pretty cool semi-sport Japanese city cars.

Hal
Hal UltraDork
6/19/17 5:11 p.m.
RevRico wrote:
What's that? Subaru made a convertible?

Aircooled has it right. It is a Suzuki Cappucchino. In addition to never having seen a Sambar or Cappucchino before I was fascinated by the engines. The Sambar has a 658cc 54bhp inline 4 cylinder supercharged engine. The Suzuki Cappucchino has a 657 cc 63bhp inline 3 cylinder turbocharged engine.

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
6/19/17 5:38 p.m.

Not this car, but I followed one in mint condition through traffic this weekend. A current Charger was right behind it, and you forget how small the Shelby from the '80's really was. I remember them being somewhat common back in the day. This is the first I've seen on the road in at least a decade.

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/22/17 11:02 p.m.

Black ZR1 Corvette. Looked to be pretty well cared for with no outwardly visible mods...

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/26/17 9:13 a.m.

Saw two Suzuki Joy Pops yesterday, halfway across town from each other.

I didn't get pics, but they look like this:

NickD
NickD SuperDork
7/3/17 5:44 a.m.

Saw a running driving Chrysler TC By Maserati

GameboyRMH
7/3/17 3:16 p.m.

Oh what's hiding back here?

Only one or two cars like this around here. This is the second fastest and maybe the most expensive unmodified production car in the country...fastest would be the R35 GTR, which is the other possibility for most expensive.

GameboyRMH
7/3/17 5:17 p.m.

Oh wait, I forgot about this. THIS is the most expensive unmodified production car in the country:

Belongs to a hotel's limo fleet.

GameboyRMH
7/4/17 4:19 p.m.

Speaking of fastest unmodified production car in the country, there's a new one today, saw a brand new R35 GTR being delivered to one of the beach condos across from my office just now, just like this one but it had aftermarket wheels:

2nd R35 in the country. This one would be faster than the existing early model.

onemanarmy
onemanarmy New Reader
7/5/17 8:53 a.m.

can we post the general location of these spottings? Some places the vehicles are rare, and in some places they are common. Would be interesting to know where they are spotted.

1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 219

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gulzC7r3wn2JnXZHmp6XHuqYg8p3pq9TinoP4exBeuEGKbiV9IrYmIztf3KUfBUI