1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 219
nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
3/21/18 10:07 p.m.
Daylan C said:

I've been lead to believe its weird seeing one of these move under its own power. 

Here's one in D.C.s impound lot.  One for one.  smiley

Dirtydog
Dirtydog GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/21/18 10:18 p.m.
nutherjrfan said:
Daylan C said:

I've been lead to believe its weird seeing one of these move under its own power. 

Here's one in D.C.s impound lot.  One for one.  smiley

I like the UFO in the upper right hand corner, above the AZ sign..  Now that isn't as rare as the Audi running.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/21/18 11:33 p.m.

Caged, idled like a prostock drag car. Note the blue antique plate. 

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/24/18 2:03 p.m.

The other day (before the snow) at lunch.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
4/10/18 3:46 p.m.

Heard a loud GM v6. Turned my head expecting a beater S10. Nope. Grand National cruising the Wal Mart parking lot. 

KaiserM715
KaiserM715 New Reader
4/11/18 12:13 p.m.

R32 Skyline (RHD)

1972 Gran Turino Sport

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
4/11/18 1:41 p.m.

Didn’t get a picture, since I was driving, but I saw a RHD Saturn wagon at lunchtime today.  Did they make them for rural postal duty?

Toebra
Toebra HalfDork
4/11/18 3:44 p.m.

I find it hard to believe that Skyline was being driven by a handicapped person

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/11/18 9:08 p.m.

I saw a silver Suzuki Cappuccino today. My co-workers didn't understand my excitement.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/11/18 9:27 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

Didn’t get a picture, since I was driving, but I saw a RHD Saturn wagon at lunchtime today.  Did they make them for rural postal duty?

I worked on a few when I was at Saturn of Columbus.  S-series and L-series.  Anybody could buy one if they wanted, but for obvious reasons they weren't a normally stocked item so if you wanted one you had to order it.  Some people did buy them just for the novelty, although I'm sure the novelty wore off the first time they had to make a left turn from a left turn lane, or use a drive through window.

They were fun because we had porters whose job was to pull cars out of the bays when you were done with them and take them through the car wash.  They'd open the left door on the RHD models and just sort of stand there confused.

Knurled.
4/11/18 9:36 p.m.

In reply to Toebra :

Interestingly enough, people who qualify for handicapped parking can be automotive enthusiasts and vice-versa.  Not sure about Texas, but in Ohio, handicapped-parking placards can also be obtained by people who don't even own cars or have driver's licenses.  I will therefore charitably assume that a windshield placard is hanging from the rearview mirror and is obscured by the sunshade.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/12/18 7:19 a.m.

Rust free 1978 F-150 in upstate New York? Unicorn!

KaiserM715
KaiserM715 New Reader
4/12/18 8:55 a.m.
Knurled. said:

In reply to Toebra :

Interestingly enough, people who qualify for handicapped parking can be automotive enthusiasts and vice-versa.  Not sure about Texas, but in Ohio, handicapped-parking placards can also be obtained by people who don't even own cars or have driver's licenses.  I will therefore charitably assume that a windshield placard is hanging from the rearview mirror and is obscured by the sunshade.

Those are Texas Disabled Veteran (DV-XXXXX) plates, no hanging placard required.  I could see some injuries would allow one to drive a stick shift, yet qualify as disabled.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/18/18 8:32 a.m.

Z4 Coupe Spotted!

Sorry for the blurry photo, I had to zoom in a good bit with my phone.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
4/26/18 9:25 p.m.

Not bad looking.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/26/18 9:35 p.m.

I saw a Honda Element SC today. It’s only the second SC I’ve ever seen. 

maj75
maj75 HalfDork
4/26/18 9:43 p.m.

maj75
maj75 HalfDork
4/26/18 9:44 p.m.

Mine.  Retrieved it from the shop that’s been screwing around with it for 4 years...

Knurled.
4/26/18 9:59 p.m.
Knurled. said:

The Maserati dealer has a new ZR-1 on the lot.

I was parking a car in our front lot today and saw an immaculate '79-ish Celica Supra drive by.  The first generation ones where Toyota went all "I have no idea how to design this car."  Oddly enough I can't remember if it was blue or brown.

Saw it again.  It's brown.

TurboFocus
TurboFocus Reader
4/27/18 5:06 a.m.

gonna have to get in on this thread

418NV
418NV New Reader
4/27/18 3:37 p.m.

No pics but I saw a Jag XJS driving down the highway under it's own power today. Driven by a older woman that looked affluent and probably has no idea that cars aren't supposed to have electrical issues every other week....

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/27/18 7:16 p.m.

Today I saw an unmolested, stock Acura RSX-S in blue. I used to see them all the time when they first came out. I wonder what happened to all of them?

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
4/27/18 7:46 p.m.

I saw a Tesla Model 3 yesterday on my way home from work.  The Model S Teslas are almost commonplace around here and I've seen a couple of the SUV versions, but this was the first Model 3.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
4/29/18 11:10 a.m.

Real GNX??

Knurled.
4/29/18 11:36 a.m.

In reply to Donebrokeit :

It doesn't have the portholes.  GNX-clone wheels on a Grand National.

I know there's someone cloning the GNX wheels.  I got a car in a couple years ago that had them.  13k mile survivor that was so stock that it had the factory airbox.  I have worked on dozens of GNs and I never saw a factory airbox before.  I felt so guilty modifying that car, but that's what he wanted.  At least he kept all of the parts we removed (airbox, downpipe, etc.) so that the car could be returned to stock if he wished.  But man, minor bolt ons (intake, downpipe, catback, wastegate rod shortening) plus a Red Armstrong chip wakes a GN up so much that you wouldn't ever WANT to return to stock...

It still had the assembly-line clips on the brake drums, and identifications stickers over same.  I had to cut them to remove them to inspect the brakes.  I was mortified.

1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 219

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bXQLHNMAmyao0WgTZvfJOZVRqX7p8Ggp2XN3b4Os37HorTReaG5evzRY5LCzlFce