1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 219
06HHR
06HHR HalfDork
5/2/18 11:19 a.m.

Not a unicorn everywhere, but the closest dealer is 150+ miles away according to their locator

I've never stopped to take a look at an SUV/CUV thingy before. This thing is dead sexy.  I kinda want one.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/5/18 3:57 p.m.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
5/5/18 10:41 p.m.

Soon to be a Unicorn as the owner is moving on to another job. Diesel, RHD ....

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/6/18 8:00 a.m.
Woody said:

I saw a Honda Element SC today. It’s only the second SC I’ve ever seen. 

I saw another one, in a different color, at the gas station today. I can't believe that they made these things for four years.

Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
5/6/18 8:08 a.m.

In reply to Donebrokeit :

I saw somethig similar yesterday. Latemodel toyota landcruiser. Turbodiesel. I don't think it was the but it mighta been. 

Carson
Carson SuperDork
5/7/18 11:59 a.m.

Yesterday I saw two, TWO, JDM imports:

A yellow Honda Beat (not this one but for illustration), driving around.

Image result for honda beat yellow

And a Nissan Pao at a roadside used car lot. This one:

1990 Nissan Pao

Their asking price of $17k is a lot more than I expected, and probably a lot more than it's worth.

http://www.la12motors.com/en/cars/113/view_vehicle/46/vehicles/486/1990-nissan-pao.html

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/11/18 7:50 p.m.

Corolla XRS!  The drivetrain of a Celica GTS (2ZZ engine and six speed trans) in something with four doors and a trunk.

I started to look to buy one of these a couple years ago and stopped when I discovered that they are not only very rare but also really expensive.  Ain't payin' $10k for a ten year old Corolla no matter how many revs it does.

Still awesome that they exist at all, though.

drainoil
drainoil HalfDork
5/11/18 8:29 p.m.

When I discovered this was diesel powered, I almost went Danny from Counting Cars and pulled these kids over to find out about this beauty. Due to the darn traffic at the time I couldnt get close enough to ask them anything so just gave them a thumbs up from a distance.

pheo
pheo New Reader
5/16/18 5:24 p.m.

A 51 Plymouth Cranbrook might not be everybody idea of a Unicorn but bear with me.

I see this car cruising around town from time to time. There's a little old couple in it and I think its cool that they kept this car.

So today I see it in a neighbor hood and I have my camera. I saw them turn into a driveway and pulled up  and asked if I could get a picture of their car. I was a little worried they would think I was a nut, but since I had a pretty nice camera in hand...

Turns out that its a 51 Plymouth Cranbrook, flathead 6, mostly original. Caesar was really happy to show me his car(s). His wife was almost, strike that, was more enthusiastic. 

I will let the pictures do a bit of the talking.

This 51 is in really good shape, but what really makes it Unicorn worthy is the fact it runs in a herd....

2 51's and in the garage is a 52! The pictures of the emblem, engine and inside are of the 52.

Here is the 52 out in the sun.

All of them run and get driven from time to time. It was good day, I had a nice visit, I think it made their day, I got pictures and made a few more friends!  smiley

Dave
Dave Reader
5/16/18 5:26 p.m.

That Cranbrook is a real nice shape. Named for a small town in Canada.

Saw a mint Saab 96 on my commute home yesterday.

8valve
8valve Reader
5/16/18 5:32 p.m.

Is a lifted mustang unicorn status?

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/16/18 5:35 p.m.
8valve said:

Is a lifted mustang unicorn status?

Mercifully, yes.

pheo
pheo New Reader
5/16/18 5:43 p.m.

From the original post of the thread:

What rare, odd or unusual cars have you spotted out in the wild recently? Museums and large car shows don't count. I mean out on the road, or possibly racetrack, living as actual cars.

So yes, a lifted 'stang counts as does a 51 Cranbrook hauling bags of cement (in the back seat, forgot to mention that)

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/16/18 9:38 p.m.

Baja bug in front of lifted mustang.  I'm gonna go ahead and say they know each other.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/23/18 2:58 p.m.

Saw a silver BMW i8 on the weekend, first one in the country, like this one:

I also hear there's a C6 here now, so I'll keep an eye out for that.

KaiserM715
KaiserM715 New Reader
5/25/18 8:09 a.m.
06HHR said:

Not a unicorn everywhere, but the closest dealer is 150+ miles away according to their locator

I've never stopped to take a look at an SUV/CUV thingy before. This thing is dead sexy.  I kinda want one.

There is one that has been parking in my lot at work.  I agree on the styling.  Very sharp in person.  The one I have been seeing also has yellow 4 piston calipers on the front and yellow 2 piston calipers on the rear.  Good brakes for a CUV.

pheo
pheo New Reader
6/1/18 9:51 p.m.

I worry about what I am going to try to stuff in my CR-V and somebody showed up in this:

spandak
spandak Reader
6/1/18 10:24 p.m.

I saw a Nissan Figaro driving around last night. I couldn’t believe it. I wouldn’t have known what it was if it wasn’t for Mighty Car Mods

pheo
pheo New Reader
6/1/18 11:13 p.m.
spandak said:

I saw a Nissan Figaro driving around last night. I couldn’t believe it. I wouldn’t have known what it was if it wasn’t for Mighty Car Mods

I had to go look it up, I had no idea what it looked like.

The0retical
The0retical UltraDork
6/2/18 1:26 p.m.

I should have had my wife take a picture since I was driving. 

Someone in a Uhaul truck/trailer combination was pulling a black Subaru SVX up PA RT 33 north today. It looked to be in pretty good shape.

SWMBO didn't understand why I was so excited by the ass end of a trailered car despite living with me as long as she has.

drainoil
drainoil HalfDork
6/2/18 2:41 p.m.

Almost seems way to new to be unicorn, however does the TDI designation in this change that? If not I can delete from thread.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
6/2/18 4:20 p.m.

Brown E60 M5 at a grocery store in Glasgow, Kentucky. I did not know brown was a color on E60s.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/2/18 7:17 p.m.

A Lotus Seven Series 4 (!) crossed my path in my home town yesterday. I know for a fact that it was a real one, as the Series 4 is far too unattractive to clone. It was the ugly, twin cammed dune buggy version of the beautiful Lotus Super Seven.

I have only seen three S4s in my lifetime, and all were out in the wild at the time.

*not the actual car that I saw, but the same color and level of...uh... beauty.

I would be proud to own one.

drainoil
drainoil HalfDork
6/3/18 1:30 p.m.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/3/18 2:05 p.m.

Saw a corvair wagon yesterday, should have snapped a pic

1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 219

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KTX2rTb7HeL6jiR5WqcSAsv0fIqnSw3qUowH3849qxNIe2GyrWwmoCPHiKPkBLGL