1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 219
CJ
CJ GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/4/19 8:52 p.m.
P3PPY said:

you don't see THIS too often!

Traffic was stuck at a stand-still so I slowly approached this having no idea what I was looking at. When I got up beside it I was like, "OHHHHHH"

*click*

OK, I give up.  I still don't know what I'm looking at frown

Nitroracer
Nitroracer UltraDork
2/4/19 9:12 p.m.
CJ said:
P3PPY said:

Traffic was stuck at a stand-still so I slowly approached this having no idea what I was looking at. When I got up beside it I was like, "OHHHHHH"

*click*

That is the front clip of a Freightliner.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/4/19 9:14 p.m.
Nitroracer said:
CJ said:
P3PPY said:

*click*

BINGO!

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Reader
2/4/19 9:57 p.m.

Geez, i see them frequently on I 78 near my house. Not always Freightliner, but some kind of truck winds up shedding bodywork at least once a week. Often the load as well, potatoes anyone?

CJ
CJ GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/5/19 12:27 a.m.
Nitroracer said:
CJ said:
P3PPY said:

*click*

That can't be good

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/5/19 6:58 a.m.
edizzle89 said:
GameboyRMH said:

Not just a rebadge, but it shares a chassis and mechanical bits with the Lexus GS.

That's what I was getting at, since the Mark X was never sold in the US I'd venture to guess some one just put a Toyota and Mark X badge on their GS, probably so they could live the JDM life.

Doubt it, the lights and body panels are also different, and this one had all the correct bits for a Mark X.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Reader
2/5/19 9:51 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

You need to emphasize that you are definitely not in the US, or even the north American continent. I see the drive on the left in that photo.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
2/9/19 11:25 a.m.

1986  Bronco 2 4 wheel drive .  Talk to owner. Less Than 75000 Miles . I didn't realize how much they resembled the original Bronco .

chandler
chandler PowerDork
2/15/19 6:43 p.m.

Well I never see them anyway

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Reader
2/15/19 7:23 p.m.

Sweet color on the P car.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/15/19 7:24 p.m.
Ovid_and_Flem said:

1986  Bronco 2 4 wheel drive .  Talk to owner. Less Than 75000 Miles . I didn't realize how much they resembled the original Bronco .

They are pretty plentiful here, my dad has one too

Gasoline
Gasoline UltraDork
2/20/19 9:08 a.m.

NMNA

ON Craigslist, but pretty rare and cool.  Someone needs to LS and daily  drive it.  yes  

1953 Nash Rambler Custom Series 5310 Country Club - $2000 (Ranger)

Oddly Sexy front end....

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
2/20/19 9:17 a.m.

I love old Ramblers.  I want a 58-50 American wagon. 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
2/20/19 9:18 a.m.
Antihero said:
Ovid_and_Flem said:

A lady in my church drives one that she got from an aunt of hers.   

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/20/19 10:27 a.m.
spitfirebill said:
Antihero said:
Ovid_and_Flem said:

A lady in my church drives one that she got from an aunt of hers.   

They get a bad rap because of the rollover problems but they are pretty good trucks with time tested ranger bits

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
2/20/19 10:31 a.m.

Parked next to this yesterday at the commissary on post.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/20/19 7:44 p.m.
chandler said:

Well I never see them anyway

For the past year or so, I worked at a shop that was just up the street from a Porsche dealership.  I've seen... quite a few GT3 RSs.  The exit for the Ohio Turnpike was just up the road in the other direction, and you'd sometimes see some of the more exotic Porschen travelling between here and there, usually with PA or NY plates.

I did try not to laugh too hard when a GT3 or other 911 with a dealer plate stalls in traffic.  I have no idea what the clutch takeup is like, and it's rather poor form to laugh "LOL N00B" when someone is considering a car that is easily worth twice as much as the house in which I currently reside.  For that kind of money you can n00b all you want, it's your clutch you are frying...

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
2/26/19 10:07 a.m.

I saw this on I 435 in Kansas City this morning. The paint or wrap made my day for some reason.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
2/26/19 6:44 p.m.

In reply to Bent-Valve :

That's a fantastic wrap....

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
2/27/19 8:22 a.m.
accordionfolder said:

In reply to Bent-Valve :

That's a fantastic wrap....

Wrong Air Force.  It should either be the Luftwaffe or the RAF, quite a contradiction if you think about it!!

I agree, way cool though and I like the wheels too.  

Rodan
Rodan HalfDork
2/27/19 9:45 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:

Wrong Air Force.  It should either be the Luftwaffe or the RAF, quite a contradiction if you think about it!!

Sometimes strange things happen in war...

bOttOmfeeder
bOttOmfeeder New Reader
2/27/19 11:05 a.m.

Those are captured planes.....

Fighter Groups of the US 8th Air Force that operated British Supermarine Spitfires through a handful of squadrons in the North African and the Italian Campaigns....

8u3Gzx1.png

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
2/27/19 1:32 p.m.
bOttOmfeeder said:

Those are captured planes.....

Fighter Groups of the US 8th Air Force that operated British Supermarine Spitfires through a handful of squadrons in the North African and the Italian Campaigns....

8u3Gzx1.pngI

If I recollect , those squadorns were originally Eagle squadrons. They were American volunteers to the RAF before the USA got officially involved. In 1942 the Eagle squadrons were transferred to the USAAF along with the spitfire that they flew.

svxsti
svxsti New Reader
3/5/19 3:46 p.m.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Reader
3/5/19 5:51 p.m.

In reply to svxsti :

Where????

1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 219

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kCENeiBYdv5oEWihqcgILPO0gF4owS557RSpW1wDuXnoMQCpaqPt4LUkq6Kctflm