1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 219
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/16/14 10:19 a.m.
slowride wrote:

I saw two of those yesterday!! Both in good condition.

slowride
slowride Reader
12/16/14 10:58 a.m.

That's awesome. Were they being driven? I've seen various models parked at shows or whatever, but never while they were driving.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/16/14 11:50 a.m.
Woody wrote:
SEADave wrote:
KyAllroad wrote: My google fu is failing me but I just say a minty looking late 80s small wagon, I thought it was a Pontiac Sunbird but can't find any images that look right. Notable feature was the headlights, they were fixed but half covered with a pop up arrangement that really grabbed my attention. Anyone know what I'm on about?
Sunbirds did come as wagons: and with half-lidded headlights: But I haven't been able to find a picture of a car with both. Was it possibly some other J-body variant?
I worked at a Pontiac dealership for a moment in 1988. I don't think that you could get the covered lights on the wagon.

Because nobody who is driving one of those in 2014 could be an enthusiast who would put the lidded nose on a wagon...

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds HalfDork
12/16/14 12:20 p.m.

Ferrari Daytona coupe, the weekend of the Amelia Concours.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
12/16/14 12:26 p.m.
SEADave wrote:

That is a very strange pic, it almost looks like it's floating.

Rupert
Rupert HalfDork
12/16/14 12:59 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
SEADave wrote:
That is a very strange pic, it almost looks like it's floating.

And the front to rear weight ratio is?

chrispy
chrispy HalfDork
12/17/14 7:33 a.m.

Didn't get a pic but I saw what appeared to be a well used E28 M5 yesterday. One of those times I wish I was Richard Rawlings with a pocket full of cash. "I want your car, here's $xxxx, I'll drive you home."

Gieb
Gieb New Reader
12/17/14 9:52 a.m.

Wienermobile!

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe SuperDork
12/17/14 11:14 a.m.

Driving to work today a local shop had a bloody MB gullwing out in front of the shop sitting in the rain.

calteg
calteg HalfDork
12/17/14 11:30 a.m.

Saw a red solstice coupe on the way to work this morning. Was heading the other way, couldn't tell if it was a GXP or not

Adrian_Thompson
12/17/14 11:36 a.m.

Although I see this one pretty much every day, I can't remember the last time I saw another Caddy that ziggs

TeamEvil
TeamEvil HalfDork
12/17/14 12:37 p.m.

Spotted this right out back . . .

Adrian_Thompson
12/17/14 12:42 p.m.
TeamEvil wrote: Spotted this right out back . . .

My mom's first car was an A35, one of the first times she met my dad it was to help come over and fix something on it. It could be said I owe my existence to an A35, although most definitely the back seat of one!! Hers was a 4 door if you can believe they made them that way.

TeamEvil
TeamEvil HalfDork
12/17/14 12:56 p.m.

My parents owned one throughout my childhood, it sat in the driveway all the way through Grammar School. I used to sit in it every single day just waiting for when it would be mine. Had plans (as best an eight year old CAN have plans) to turn it into a Gasser like the ones in my father's car magazines.

Never happened, but now I have another chance . . . got a real soft spot for this car, it's the very same make/model/color/year as the one that I sat in for so very long.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
12/17/14 1:04 p.m.

Saw a grey/dark silver Pontiac J2000 hatchback today! Looked brand new.

GCooper
GCooper Reader
12/17/14 1:32 p.m.
Nitroracer wrote: I didn't see it in person, but I did find a car that isn't supposed to exist. I found a 1.0L ecoboost fiesta that had alloys, a nice sync setup, ST seats, etc. All kinds of options that technically don't exist on the SE/1.0L ecoboost option list. It was sold before I could get my hands on it. http://www.washingtonford.com/used/Ford/2014-Ford-Fiesta-120e413c0a0a00646ae8ea1a3fa31465.htm

That's the dealer where I bought my wife's Flex.

They get a bunch of used Ford company cars (there were about 20 different 2013 model ex-Ford owned cars for sale used when I went in Sept2013). Maybe it was some odd combination that an employee spec'd and they ended up with?

mthomson22
mthomson22 UltraDork
12/17/14 2:21 p.m.

It's a Buzz Bomb. Built by P.D. Busby in the 40s and 50s. Built in Indianapolis. Fiberglass body, Ford running gear. This one had the Ford 60 Flathead.

Rupert wrote:
Woody wrote:
mthomson22 wrote: Literally 3 miles from my house, and for sale
What do you know about that thing?
What is it??
92dxman
92dxman Dork
12/17/14 3:27 p.m.

I saw a Pontiac G3 this morning on the way to work. Its basically the Chevy Aveo with a Pontiac badge. Guess they didn't sell too many of them.

DanyloS
DanyloS New Reader
12/18/14 9:03 a.m.

Black Ferrari 599 GTO last night (younger guy driving FL tags, sounded great! couldn't manage to get a picture

TeamEvil
TeamEvil Dork
12/18/14 3:01 p.m.

Could someone PLEASE re-post a picture of that lameassed lazy-eyed Pontiac one more time?

I just don't think that five posts in just two pages is really enough for all of us. I could use another three or four reposts of the same damned crap box for sure. Betcha everyone else feels the exact same . . . it's just SO interesting looking, ya know?

mazdeuce
mazdeuce UberDork
12/18/14 5:46 p.m.

Saw a Land Rover Defender 90 hardtop today. He has a child seat strapped to one of the rear jump seats. Not sure how the seats are rated in a side facing position.

nepa03focus
nepa03focus HalfDork
12/18/14 5:58 p.m.
Woody wrote: Here's a newer Pontiac:

I kinda dig this one. Does anyone know what it is called, just a sunburn se or is it some special package ?

Rupert
Rupert HalfDork
12/18/14 6:12 p.m.

In reply to nepa03focus:Wow! I sure hope that's not another picture of a lazy-eyed Pontiac!

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/18/14 7:49 p.m.

Not a unicorn, but I thought this was cool. The sun and traffic kept me from taking a better picture, but ever gen z was there plus the Supra.

chiodos
chiodos New Reader
12/18/14 9:44 p.m.

Every school day I see a stock white mk2 supra driving, I also saw a propane powered p71 the other day I knew they existed just never seen one (the have something like 1200cc injectors). Most the cool rare stuff I see is at the junkyard sadly.. I saw a clean audi v8 in white pearl with matching wheels, a Maserati biturbo and a manual e34 535i (uncommon for that motor to have a manual). I also saw two 850i, two z3m coupes along with a 90s brabus s600 in the same junkyard

1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 219

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
39E14N9cq8rkwhOnu4SWV3abKgRKKwmWRcSQ8Py4GbbLjBK36c1XCUUWDnVct9Qm