1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 219
outasite
outasite HalfDork
4/15/19 7:46 p.m.

I saw an Austin Healey 100 6 Factory endurance race car in a shop. It is in excellent condition with all the factury mods in place. I did not take a picture because owner was not present. As rare a this is, I am sure he would not want attention drawn to it or the shop.

johndej
johndej HalfDork
4/15/19 9:12 p.m.

In reply to classicJackets :

Yeah we honestly thought it might have been a movie prop till someone googled it.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
4/15/19 9:21 p.m.
johndej said:

Spotted the worlds most expensive SUV (one of nine) on a flatbed on 95 North near Florence SC yesterday, Karlmann King.

3.8 million dollars and they couldn't afford an enclosed transport? Just a run of the mill freight flat bed? Something smells fishy.

johndej
johndej HalfDork
4/15/19 9:40 p.m.
Indy-Guy said:
johndej said:

Spotted the worlds most expensive SUV (one of nine) on a flatbed on 95 North near Florence SC yesterday, Karlmann King.

3.8 million dollars and they couldn't afford an enclosed transport? Just a run of the mill freight flat bed? Something smells fishy.

I mean, it's just an F550 with a body kit that thinks it's batman... Was riding with another random tow truck.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/15/19 9:45 p.m.

Stillen 300ZX

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/18/19 10:50 a.m.

johndej
johndej HalfDork
4/18/19 3:37 p.m.
johndej said:

Figured out where it was going

This $2 Million Tank-SUV With Horrific Build Quality Is the Worst Car at the New York Auto Show

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/18/19 4:25 p.m.

No pics, but last Friday in Wilmington, NC I saw a Pugeot 504 on the road. Had a neighbor who had one back in the 80's. 

Yesterday I saw a Hillman Imp in downtown Monroe, MI. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/18/19 5:41 p.m.
Indy-Guy said:

The reason for non-enclosed shipping could be that it is too wide to fit inside anything.  

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
4/18/19 5:54 p.m.
johndej said:

$3.8 million and it will only go 87 mph. I hear people can build fast cars for as little as $2000.

Just saying....

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/18/19 6:11 p.m.

In reply to Bent-Valve :

Some cars are rare because nobody wants them. Some are rare because they are expensive and only produced in limited numbers. That thing is a double unicorn. 

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
4/18/19 6:35 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

It is a unicorn.

Sorry if my comment seemed negative. It was meant to be lighthearted.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/18/19 7:27 p.m.

“I know what I’ve got” “I’m going to fix it up someday”. 

Unicorn, and I still want it.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/18/19 11:34 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

I'd so want to Miami Vice that out and maybe even add the fake Testarossa vents .

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/19/19 11:54 a.m.

Saw a Renault Twizy right in front of the office yesterday. It's surprisingly small, like a 4-wheeled enclosed scooter. Apparently a local dealership that specializes in EVs is bringing them in. Not my pic, but like this one:

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/19/19 11:56 a.m.

In reply to Bent-Valve :

No worries. I didn't think you were being negative. I was attempting to also be lighthearted.

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
4/22/19 9:53 a.m.

Turbo Diesel!

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
4/22/19 11:39 a.m.

I had heard the Chevy Colorado /GMC had a diesel avaliable but this is first one I have seen.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/22/19 11:49 a.m.

Saw a nice Colonnade- era Chevy at Summit this weekend.

The guy happened to walk up and drive it away shortly after I got out of my car.  Sounded GOOD, like it had a nice high compression mill with a big cam, and it was muffled down to the point where it was livable, so it sounded like a big happy popcorn popper.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/23/19 1:55 p.m.

Honda StepWGN Spada? Never seen one of these before:

Here's how they look from the front (not my pic):

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
4/23/19 2:19 p.m.
Knurled. said:

Saw a nice Colonnade- era Chevy at Summit this weekend.

The guy happened to walk up and drive it away shortly after I got out of my car.  Sounded GOOD, like it had a nice high compression mill with a big cam, and it was muffled down to the point where it was livable, so it sounded like a big happy popcorn popper.

I so want a Colonnade Chevelle like that. I’d also consider a late-Colonnade Olds Cutlass as a consolation prize.  The movie Drive made me want one of these even more.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
4/23/19 2:37 p.m.

Saw a mint one of these the other day.  Same color but not this one.  In other parts of the country they may not be unicorns, but is SE Michigan I can't remember the last time I saw one, let alone as mint as the one I saw.  I must admit I'd forgotten what a handsome well proportioned cars they were.  

Image result for cadillac eldorado 1999

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
4/23/19 2:44 p.m.

Even in my little town filled with brodozers and prii, every once in a while something good pops up. 

russde
russde GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/23/19 2:59 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

Is that a parking ticket under the windshield wiper?

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
4/23/19 3:05 p.m.

In reply to russde :

It appears to be. Well spotted. No good deed goes unpunished, I guess.

1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 219

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GwnknbwR9EWYJ2jy7KVBytVJVadtPjSPrmK8kUFWqLss5nwbpyGASfH4huJyeT3P