In our grocery store parking lot:

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/5/19 6:39 p.m.

trackhawk seems to be a bit of a unicorn

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/6/19 9:15 p.m.

Not sure I ever posted this one. Was doing about 80 mph down the Florida Tpike. The following week I saw another one ... light yellow.

Slippery
5/6/19 9:18 p.m.

Beautiful Type 3 notchback.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/6/19 9:26 p.m.
Slippery said:

Not sure I ever posted this one. Was doing about 80 mph down the Florida Tpike. The following week I saw another one ... light yellow.

Aren't those worth in the vicinity of a million dollars?

Slippery
5/6/19 9:31 p.m.
Knurled. said:
Slippery said:

Aren't those worth in the vicinity of a million dollars?

I am sure they are not cheap. The guy was enjoying though. 

Argo1
Argo1 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/6/19 10:29 p.m.

Coffee stop at McDonald's.  You don't see these in the wild too often.  Lamborghini Espada.   About as high as the door handles on our Carrera.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/7/19 12:45 p.m.
lrrs said:

Suzuki Jimmy at the tire shop.. all 660 cc of turbocharged fun.  It's for sale also, told the owner about the for sale forum.  Its getting new sneakers.  

Also seen at helcat charger, same owner, lotus Elise at the parts store next door.  Owner of the Elise stated he has over 100k miles in it and frequents loudon and limerock 

This is heavily modified. This chassis never came from the factory with a sub-liter engine, a turbo, or a Jimny badge.

Dave
Dave Reader
5/7/19 1:20 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:
lrrs said:

Suzuki Jimmy at the tire shop.. all 660 cc of turbocharged fun.  It's for sale also, told the owner about the for sale forum.  Its getting new sneakers.  

Also seen at helcat charger, same owner, lotus Elise at the parts store next door.  Owner of the Elise stated he has over 100k miles in it and frequents loudon and limerock 

This is heavily modified. This chassis never came from the factory with a sub-liter engine, a turbo, or a Jimny badge.

Sure they did. In Japan. It is right hand drive so an import. I've been thinking of getting myself one. Like this one - https://b-pro.ca/car/1990-suzuki-jimny-46068-km/

GameboyRMH
5/7/19 1:27 p.m.

^Well I learned something today.

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
5/7/19 3:31 p.m.
Dave said:
Sure they did. In Japan. It is right hand drive so an import. I've been thinking of getting myself one. Like this one - https://b-pro.ca/car/1990-suzuki-jimny-46068-km/

That is so cool. I found it on a US importer's web site and it's seriously tempting. If I had two fewer cars I would probably be emailing him today. Like, for real.

Someone buy my wagon and my Taurus X. I need to get busy with a sawzall on the Mercedes. I've got a Suzuki to order.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/7/19 4:51 p.m.
Dave said:
GameboyRMH said:
lrrs said:

I saw what I thought was a heavily modified Sammy on my way to a wedding in New Jersey last summer and I'm now wondering if this is what it was, or at least maybe what the engine came from. It was a soft top, noticeably lowered but not slammed, definitely turbocharged, and sounded like it had a sport bike engine. Don't remember if it was LHD or RHD though. Whatever it was, it was awesome and I never had considered it may have come from the factory that way.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/8/19 7:57 a.m.

Saw this on my way home yesterday.

Powar
Powar UltraDork
5/8/19 8:11 a.m.

I dropped off my wife's unicorn (1 of 13 9-3 SportCombis like it) at a shop yesterday and it was in good company.

06HHR
06HHR Dork
5/15/19 7:25 a.m.

Saw a 1970 Boss 429 Mustang on my way to work this morning.   laugh  Couldn't get my phone out to take a picture.  frown

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve Reader
5/16/19 8:33 a.m.

Sitting in the employee parking lot here in Omaha. 

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
5/16/19 9:05 a.m.
Slippery said:

Beautiful Type 3 notchback.

Oh my. That’s amazing. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
5/21/19 4:31 p.m.

No photo, I was hustling the X1/9 on a country road this afternoon when a 58 or 59 "Squarebird" passed the other direction. Gold colored and looked like it could have been original paint. Lots of patinalaugh

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/21/19 7:40 p.m.

If it were driving it would be a real unicorn 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/21/19 8:14 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

That seems like a lightweight load. 

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
5/21/19 8:34 p.m.

[URL=http://s240.photobucket.com/user/NOTATA/media/South%20Florida/20190519_134519_zpscv0qahdr.jpg.html][/URL]

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
5/22/19 8:39 a.m.

No pictures, but I spotted somebody driving a late '80s Celica convertible in decent shape on my drive home yesterday.

TVR Scott
TVR Scott GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/22/19 12:44 p.m.

I'm in Spain on a business trip to a big copper mine, and I know you all love a good Hilux style pick up.  Here's the one our team was using:

This one is a Mitsubishi, but I've seen lots of Toyotas, some VW, and even a couple Euro Ford Rangers.  They have a zillion of them here at the mine.  The size is pretty nice.  Holds for adults just fine and has a reasonable mount of room in the bed.

Though I imagine we'll be seeing these in the Costco parking lots pretty soon:

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/22/19 1:52 p.m.

Earlier this month at a local traffic light in my small town. 

GameboyRMH
5/22/19 2:56 p.m.
TVR Scott said:

I'm in Spain on a business trip to a big copper mine, and I know you all love a good Hilux style pick up.  Here's the one our team was using:

This one is a Mitsubishi, but I've seen lots of Toyotas, some VW, and even a couple Euro Ford Rangers.  They have a zillion of them here at the mine.  The size is pretty nice.  Holds for adults just fine and has a reasonable mount of room in the bed.

Heh these types of pickups are very common by me, this one's an L200, there's also the Isuzu Dmax, the Mazda B2500 (shares Euro Ranger parts I think?), the D40 Navara/Frontier and the later D23 that wasn't sold in North America. The Euro Ranger and Chevy Colorado are the popular American models, but American cars in general aren't common.

1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 219

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0y2zSaevUegPIvXrLm6dUX0938V5cHPsuK4AGzymf1OrLQpCvNx1sNKWm7JnDafm