1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 219
Carl Heideman
Carl Heideman
6/21/19 6:11 a.m.

I'm in Japan right now and saw a NB Miata fastback near Yokohama. I couldn't get my camera out fast enough so I didn't get a picture. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
6/21/19 7:51 a.m.

Saw a shiny red, very clean and fresh looking 944 yesterday.  Not many of them left in running condition anymore.

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/21/19 11:27 a.m.

On my ride into work this morning there was a convoy of around 10 Cobras being led by what I assume was a FF Shelby Daytona.  There is a big Cobra meet in London Ohio this weekend and with the Vintage Grand Prix at Mid Ohio going on there should be some cool stuff driving around here.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/21/19 1:01 p.m.

My sister sent me these from Gothenburg, Sweden today.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/21/19 9:30 p.m.

Slippery
6/21/19 9:32 p.m.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/22/19 7:29 a.m.
MadScientistMatt said:

Not my photo, but I spotted this on my way to work this morning.

If you think you hate it now, wait 'til you drive it!

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/22/19 7:34 a.m.
hobiercr said:

My sister sent me these from Gothenburg, Sweden today.

That looks awesome, but I drive an S60R, which has similarly huge wheels on basically that chassis.  Because of those huge wheels, teh R has a turning radius larger than most trucks.  (Srsly.  It's pathetic.  I have to make 3 point turns to go from parking lot to street sometimes)

That horrible steering limitation times a super long wheelbase makes me pity the person who has to drive that on tight, narrow old-Europe roads.

Type Q
Type Q SuperDork
6/23/19 7:51 p.m.

I am very lucky to have some really beautiful mountain roads to ride my bicycle on each weekend. These are also close to two wealthy zip codes.

Today on my ride I saw not one, but two McLaren road cars (I am not sure the models), a Tesla roadster, and an E-Type Jaguar. Those are not the rarest things I have seen. A few weeks back I saw a Lancia Delta Integale, and a Morgan 3 wheeler 30 seconds later.  I wish I had a helmet cam of som kind so I could take and share pictures easily.   

Slippery
6/23/19 8:06 p.m.

Renault Dauphine

Slippery
6/23/19 8:08 p.m.

Cosworth Vega

Slippery
6/23/19 8:10 p.m.

Suzuki rotary

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/23/19 8:42 p.m.

Saw a non M Clownshoe.

llysgennad
llysgennad Reader
6/27/19 3:08 p.m.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
6/29/19 11:10 a.m.

That's a Mitsubishi Raider - and yes, my windshield is outrageously dirty. 

Edited because I originally thought these were only sold in Mexico and was baffled by the CA license plate, but Google says differently. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
6/29/19 12:15 p.m.

In reply to cmcgregor :

We had/have a very strong Mitsubishi dealer here in the  Lehigh Valley, and I have only seen one Raider a while ago.

buzzboy
buzzboy HalfDork
6/29/19 12:36 p.m.
MrChaos said:

Saw a non M Clownshoe.

My friend's dad DD'd an M54B30 E36/8 for 50k miles. Fun, practical car. Got 30mpg highway with a light right foot.  My only gripe is that at 6'0" my head hit the sunroof when driving and I couldn't see the top half of each gauge that was obscured by the non-adjustable steering wheel.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
6/29/19 3:00 p.m.

Someone in my neighborhood is daily driving an ex-Swiss Army Pinzgauer, like this one:

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/30/19 1:52 p.m.

A Rolls at Lowe’s in Anchorage, Alaska. Not sure the backstory here but I hope he’s buying copper bends to make fuel lines or something cool like that.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/30/19 3:53 p.m.

In reply to cmcgregor :

In Louisiana, these were pretty common. Above unicorn levels for a while.

I love that the Dodge rebadge as Mitsu used the same name as the Mitsu rebadged as Dodge.

Definitely more common than the contemporary Suzuki Equator rebadge of the Nissan Frontier.

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/30/19 4:18 p.m.
Mike said:

In reply to cmcgregor :

In Louisiana, these were pretty common. Above unicorn levels for a while.

I love that the Dodge rebadge as Mitsu used the same name as the Mitsu rebadged as Dodge.

I had one identical to this and it was a Montero. That 3.0 was an oil burner POS.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/2/19 7:54 a.m.

Hard to see but this Ridgeline is doing actual truck stuff. Enough gravel in the back I think he was on his bump stops.

Grizz
Grizz UberDork
7/2/19 9:57 a.m.

I saw an acura vigor yesterday. Not technically a unicorn but I don't remember the last time I saw one before.

slowbird
slowbird New Reader
7/4/19 6:53 p.m.

Maybe these are normal for Columbia Missouri, where I was taking a break from a road trip, but they seemed like unicorns to me. A street-driven dune buggy, and a slightly worn-out looking first-gen Lightning.

80sFast
80sFast Reader
7/4/19 7:42 p.m.

Up in Northwest Michigan

1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 219

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Lu7EFYUKVLzQfqK2dFxXZ43tD67QKNw6wHvZKTYwYqAiAkKTO1hwsKCuJkOQgP3o