1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 219
M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
9/12/19 2:14 a.m.

Sorry, no picture but there was Plymouth Prowler parked at my neighbor down the street's house today.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/19 5:29 a.m.

Saw a Shelby Mustang yesterday, while I was driving home from work.

It was funny in a way.  I saw it head-on and I blandly thought '71-73 Mustang, without really looking at it.  Then after we passed and I saw the taillights, I realized OMG THAT WAS A...!

chief8one
chief8one Reader
9/12/19 5:48 a.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

Does it have the maserati motor?

chief8one
chief8one Reader
9/12/19 5:49 a.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

Does it have the maserati motor?

chandler
chandler PowerDork
9/12/19 8:03 a.m.

Both yesterday, one at my hotel one at a vacant restaurant 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
9/12/19 12:02 p.m.

In reply to chief8one :

I don't know which variant the Chrysler TC is. I know only some had the Maserati engine, and I have not been close enough to this one. I don't really care to either.wink

mjrj
mjrj New Reader
9/12/19 3:57 p.m.

From the last week or two, finally have some time to post.  1st is possibly the only stock CRX Si in about a 100 mile radius.

This Lincoln looked really clean most likely garage kept.

I've actually heard of these Suzuki Kizashis a few years ago and now finally seen one in the flesh.  Honestly I was more psyched seeing this than the Lamborghini I didn't get a picture of later on in the day.

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/12/19 4:08 p.m.
mjrj said:

From the last week or two, finally have some time to post.  1st is possibly the only stock CRX Si in about a 100 mile radius.

This Lincoln looked really clean most likely garage kept.

I've actually heard of these Suzuki Kizashis a few years ago and now finally seen one in the flesh.  Honestly I was more psyched seeing this than the Lamborghini I didn't get a picture of later on in the day.

Wow. What a Mark VII! My dad upgraded from his '80 Mark VI (which was so early-build it used 1979 upper control arms!) to a used Mark VII. Although still bad, such a jump forward from the Mark VI's.

As a budding teenage mechanic, I learned a lot from those two cars.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/12/19 5:25 p.m.

I just saw Randy Carlson’s Honda Civic. I could not snap a pic, but I found this pic online:

Slippery
9/12/19 5:26 p.m.

Saw this guy also this morning

rattfink81
rattfink81 Reader
9/12/19 5:40 p.m.

Being meaning to post this, saw this a few weeks ago while visiting friends in philly. 

Slippery
9/12/19 5:45 p.m.

In reply to rattfink81 :

Cool! Thats a Dyane 6, slightly more modern than a 2CV. Kind of like the super beetle to the beetle. 

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/19 5:47 p.m.

At the preschool drop off lane this morning...

slowbird
slowbird Reader
9/12/19 8:46 p.m.

Had two nice sightings today. Oh, and one yesterday. Today, I pulled up to the gas station and there was a Bentley next to me. Not sure I've ever been that close to one.

Front view:

Then, on the way back from getting some free Ford Probe parts I found on Craigslist, I saw a nice-looking 90s Mercury Capri (hard to take pictures while driving):

And yesterday at lunch time, at the same gas station where I saw the Bentley, there was this sweet Mercury Comet.

Knurled.
9/12/19 9:06 p.m.

I'm annoyed.

I get stuck in traffic behind this lovely soundiing thing.  I've never seen anything like it before, the license plate proclaims that it is LS3 powered, and by the sound of the exhaust note, it's got a mild cam in it too.  I do not recognize the badges at all, so I figure it's all aftermarket cutesy crap.  There's also a "V" badge, which supports the cutesy-crap notion. (No CTS-V ever had an LS3)

I think it's something funky like a second gen Lexus IS with an LS swap, or something.  I mean, I was feeling bad for the guy, he made a left turn and I could hear him having traction problems in first and second gear, without actually picking up any speed.  How embarassing to drive a car with an awesome engine but the acceleration of a Leaf with a dead battery because there's no traction.

I get home, I search for the significance of "VL", and am immediately disappointed.  It's a Chevy SS with Holden badges all over it, because the guy who owns it is ashamed of owning a Chevy.

cdeforrest
cdeforrest Reader
9/12/19 9:34 p.m.

It's always funny to see what's a unicorn in different parts of the country. We've had two Capri roadsters for sale in someone's driveway for a coons age, and I assume McLaren 650 is the standard drop off vehicle for Palo Alto high kids on their dads turn with them. 

Javelin
9/12/19 9:52 p.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

But it's not a Chevy. It's built in Australia. He's basically debadging it back to it's original form.

Javelin
9/12/19 9:54 p.m.

In reply to cdeforrest :

720S Spider. Starts at $315,000. Median income here (Cowlitz County) is $46,571. Median home price is $264,300.

slowbird
slowbird Reader
9/12/19 10:05 p.m.

In reply to cdeforrest :

I really want a Capri XR2. Until recently, I may not have ever seen one around here and now I've seen two (both non-XR2 though, judging from the lack of spoiler on the trunklid)

Knurled.
9/13/19 7:01 a.m.
Javelin said:

In reply to Knurled. :

But it's not a Chevy. It's built in Australia. He's basically debadging it back to it's original form.

The world's a weird place.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
9/13/19 7:28 a.m.

Too slow to get pics, but saw a really nice lifted flatbed Jeep FC while I was waiting on new tires a couple days ago, and passed three (!) Big Healeys on the way home from work last night.

Edit: quick Google-stalk yielded this. Apparently belongs to a local collision repair place.

Knurled.
9/13/19 7:48 a.m.

TIL that Jeep made forward controls.

Neeeet

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/13/19 7:58 a.m.

As this was at the Des Moines Concours it was cheating a bit, but here’s a Suzuki and a minty Subaru. 

outasite
outasite HalfDork
9/13/19 10:47 p.m.

In reply to JohnInKansas :

I saw 3 Austin Healey 3000s around 3:00 PM on 9/12 in St Cloud, MN. It was raining and foggy and the cars seemed to be prepped for touring with items on the boot rack.

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
9/14/19 12:34 p.m.

1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 219

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7DYp3QzunLgmHebFf8SRbX9rPWnevbjAXZyU1JhJvsDK3tqVzmYibwRKTnKpDGAJ