David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/12/20 9:36 a.m.
feature_image

Individual throttle bodies, baby moons and a healthy V8. Jerry Peters, the brains behind one of the coolest Outlaw Porsches constructed, has a Ford Cortina GT built to a similar spec. Check out the full feature over on Classic Motorsports. And if you see the car on the road, maybe don’t race for pink slips.

Like what you're reading? …

Read the rest of the story

alfadriver (Forum Supporter)
alfadriver (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/12/20 9:38 a.m.

This isn't the Challange Cortina from '03 or '04?  Same idea, IIRC.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/12/20 9:41 a.m.

In reply to alfadriver (Forum Supporter) :

Similar idea. 

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
6/12/20 10:00 a.m.

Man that's a clean engine bay. Awesome result!

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/12/20 10:34 a.m.

Wow.  That is nice.  

850Combat
850Combat Reader
6/13/20 11:19 a.m.

I had a MK II Cortina GT with 302, Holly, standard Mustang GT 5 speed, and a narrowed 8"rear end.  Not this sanitary.  I ended up not liking it.  It was fast in a straight line, though.  It was no longer the all around light nimble car it started out to be.  It was as quick as a Cobra kit though, at least the one I raced.  I didn't build build it, I bought it.  

TreDeuce
TreDeuce New Reader
6/13/20 1:46 p.m.

Had one of these for years as part of my collection and never once thought about putting in a V8, which is kind of surprising for me. My history includes a lot of American V8 to Foreign chassis builds, the first a Ford 260" Sprint engine into a 58' Volvo 544.  the second another 260" Sprint engine into a Bug Eye Sprite. Then a 58' Vette 283" into an A100. more Healey's and other hybrids followed in the 60's and 70's. and then there were 240Z's and Gen-2 RX-7's and Miata's.   Most built for friends.

Today my current project is an LS-400 V8 into a 91' e30/325is. Not the typical American V8 combo, but a sweet and realistic combo for the chassis.  On that subject, does anyone have info on converting to a 5-lug wheel pattern for the E30's.  I may be converting the rear to an E36 rear component assembly with 5-lugs, but I might just keep the stock assembly and drive with restraint so will need 5-lugs on both ends.

The Cortina is one nice and clean build. Sleepers are a lot of 'surprising' fun.

newold_m (Forum Supporter)
newold_m (Forum Supporter) New Reader
6/13/20 2:55 p.m.

Neat car!

In reply to TreDeuce :

Do create a build thread, that looks like a sweet setup!

djsilver (Forum Supporter)
djsilver (Forum Supporter) Reader
6/13/20 7:23 p.m.

In reply to TreDeuce :

When BMW built the E30-M3, they used off the shelf parts from the 5 series sedans to convert it to 5-lug hubs.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
K2w5I7esyoVkcByk3jXUcdLVf6GgZhX3TUMNBSopRRYI0dbHKowPVouyKGa2V5Pl