1 2
t25torx
t25torx Dork
8/8/16 7:50 p.m.

So I may have picked up the most hideous yet running C6 Corvette in the US today. I'm not sure I want to disclose the price yet, but I stole it I think, even with all the issues it has. Biggest issue is the transmission won't seat fully into first and then pops back out, and grinds going into second from a stand still.

Once I get settled into the new house next week and get my shop setup I'll start a proper Wheeler Dealer thread in the Builds and Projects section. So for now, these pics of the beautiful beast will have to sate your appetites for more Wheeling and Dealing!

Fitzauto
Fitzauto Dork
8/8/16 7:58 p.m.

Looks rough but nothing horrible. Im sure you'll have it back and running soon enough

glenzo654
glenzo654
8/8/16 8:00 p.m.

gives a whole new meaning to rode hard and put away wet! on the plus side is there is nothing that cant be fixed with a good supply of hundreds good luck!

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
8/8/16 8:02 p.m.

The previous owner should be required to drive an Aztek for the rest of their life as punishment.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab HalfDork
8/8/16 8:12 p.m.

How does a car get that worn is less than 10 years?

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
8/8/16 8:21 p.m.

Is that an exhaust pipe stick out from under the front quarter panel? Like a side pipe?

Gran Sport too.

t25torx
t25torx Dork
8/8/16 8:29 p.m.
JohnRW1621 wrote: Is that an exhaust pipe stick out from under the front quarter panel? Like a side pipe? Gran Sport too.

Yes, yes it is, it just goes straight from the manifold out the side... no mufflers, no cats. It sounds stupid, and not in the good way. I'll be sourcing a cast off OEM setup for it. He also cut the front fenders at the bottom to make room for the pipe, so new fenders will be needed also. May or may not be a good time to swap to Z06 wide fenders, it needs tires so I could look for some ZR1 replicas and put new tires on those to fill the wide fenders.

I know it has the Z51 package on it, not sure if the GS emblems are just on there for show or what, I didn't know they made GS versions the first year of the C6.

eebasist
eebasist Reader
8/8/16 8:33 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec:

I'd actually say the opposite. The previous owner drove the car the way he/she wanted to and flogged it. More people should be commended for this for a few reasons:

1)It brings the value of 60K cars down to what those of us on GRM are willing to pay/ball up on a track 2)Ultimately it shows us just how reliable (or not) these cars can be

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/16 9:05 p.m.

How'd it get like that?

HappyAndy
HappyAndy PowerDork
8/8/16 9:30 p.m.

With those bad modifications I strongly suspect the previous owner was into drifting. Are you into drifting?

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
8/8/16 9:41 p.m.

I don't think the gran sport came out until something like 09. That is likely just a badge job.

WildScotsRacing
WildScotsRacing HalfDork
8/8/16 9:55 p.m.
HappyAndy wrote: With those bad modifications I strongly suspect the previous owner was into drifting. Are you into drifting?

Looks like it got drifted right off a few public roads, ricer style No way the PO ever took it to real race tracks.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/8/16 11:54 p.m.

Definitely not a real GS. Missing the Z06 front bumper, wider fenders with double gills, wider wheels, and wrong year. Still, looks like a C6 worth saving!

tr8todd
tr8todd Dork
8/9/16 5:15 a.m.

I'd be willing to bet there is a salvage title or major repair record in its past. Only way to get it cheap enough to not give a e36m3 about keeping it looking nice. In the PO's mind, he got it cheap enough to sell it off cheap. Been there done that. Just scraped a Land Rover that I scored for short money. Took out the engine and scrapped the rest so I didn't have to listen to the wife complain about another car. On a whim I started looking at what people were asking on CL for various used parts. In hind sight, I should have posted a few of them up myself instead of taking the easy way out.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/16 6:16 a.m.

How many miles does it have on it?

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
8/9/16 6:29 a.m.

OH my. Looking forward to the build thread. At some point, are you going to go over the dollars and cents for us?

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/9/16 7:57 a.m.

Between this and the Daytona coupe, you're topped off for fast rides now!

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
8/9/16 8:06 a.m.

So cool.. hmm, if you were to turn a quick buck selling it as-is to a friendly GRMer .. nah, I don't need another project. ;-)

t25torx
t25torx Dork
8/9/16 8:26 a.m.

Now that I'm rested up after driving 12 hours round trip to pick it up yesterday, here's the details on it.

2005 Z51 6 Speed - 84k miles on it. Clean title. Only 1 reported accident to Carfax, light damage after hitting mailbox.

Car is wrapped in a white vinyl wrap that was then spray painted this matte silver color.

This car is a perfect example of someone buying a car they really didn't have the money to buy. Which consequently shows up in these terrible mods, and is also why the car was repossessed by the bank.

I suppose I can reveal the price tag also.. $7200 even with it's myriad of problems, I think it's a good deal.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
8/9/16 8:33 a.m.

So whats under the wrap(ping paper)?

Sounds like a good deal to me!

I find myself resisting good deals that come up.

Most recently; Almost free MGB, $1800 running C4 stickshift... I need to focus on getting my restoration home and finished, get the wife a new DD, and clear my plate to start a locost.

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
8/9/16 8:45 a.m.

Nice score! I would have been hard pressed to not go get that and beg forgiveness later.

Why on earth would you spray over vinyl?

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
8/9/16 8:48 a.m.

Awesome buy! Hopefully you find good paint under the vinyl.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/9/16 8:55 a.m.

Great deal!

CobraSpdRH
CobraSpdRH Reader
8/9/16 9:00 a.m.

What is the original paint color? I think I see a hint of red between the rear bumper and the rear quarter but not 100%. Curious to see how this progresses and how much time and $ you have to put into it to bring it back (but glad you are saving it).

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/9/16 9:03 a.m.

In for unwrapped pics!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kuCJfB2FP6kQGG8vmTyQTLzadCDwFfM3HBcVGimujae7oxOI7eFjJywmS17TaSA2