1 ... 13 14 15
poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
7/3/13 1:15 p.m.
noddaz wrote:
Javelin wrote: jibber, jabber, yada, yada. Sorry to trim this down. Did I get it all? Please, feel free to reiterate.
In defense of American Honda. (No, I do not work for AHM. But I do work at an Acura dealer.) The dealer (Hennessy Honda sucks BTW) the OP took the Fit to caused the problem by recommending a service the car did not need and then screwing that service up. This was NEVER American Honda's problem. Of course there are different ways that the sucky Hennessy Honda could have handled this and AHM would have paid for it. But Hennessy sucked and screwed that up too... Hennessy backed themselves into a corner of their own making. Probably way too busy selling other useless services to unsuspecting customers and partaking of sacks of phallus's...

But when the dealer dropped the ball, AH could've easily stroked a check for the difference between a new and used trans, and figured out the rest later, ya know? They were also horrible at returning calls and generally dismissive. Just sayin.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/3/13 1:23 p.m.

Wow, what a giant ball of crap. Let me say this about that:

Yes, the situation sucks. Does this mean you can use our site to spam them? No, sorry, not getting involved in that pissing match. I love you guys, but that is where we draw the line. I will lock any more threads that are obviously trolling.

I'd contact the BBB. I got screwed by a local business, so I filled out the online complaint. The form asked, How would you like this resolved? So I said I'd like $200 for my time, figuring I'd never hear from them again. Long story short, I got a little more than half of that from the offending business. I should have asked for more. My dad recently had a problem with a car dealership. Guess what? He got what he wanted after contacting the BBB.

Have you contacted a district manager? American Honda? Your friends at GRM? Sometimes a little diplomacy goes a long way.

Also, get a cordless phone. I see a lot of "missed their call while I was cutting frames." Yes, I realize you're at work, but if it's that important make yourself more available. It's their problem? Hey, they're not the one with the broken transmission.

Love you long time.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/3/13 1:26 p.m.
Javelin
7/3/13 1:31 p.m.
Javelin
7/3/13 1:40 p.m.
Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/3/13 2:31 p.m.
Javelin wrote: Did I get it all? Please, feel free to reiterate.

You also missed the part where Poop was not only a loyal Honda customer who owned many Hondas, he was a Honda Advocate. Now he is not.

clownkiller
clownkiller Reader
7/3/13 2:41 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote:
You also missed the part where Poop was not only a loyal Honda customer who owned many Hondas, he was a Honda Advocate. Now he is not.

Most important

Javelin
7/3/13 3:43 p.m.
clownkiller wrote:
Brett_Murphy wrote:
Most important

Make sure to spread that message.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
7/3/13 4:24 p.m.

I just read all 10 pages of the other thread. I am tearing up from laughing so hard!

clownkiller
clownkiller Reader
7/3/13 8:44 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: You do realize that none of this will make a difference. This Honda store will continue to sell cars, as they always have. This Dealer had negative reviews before this, and will after this. Everyone that has a bad dealer experience always says "I know a lot of people that buy cars and will cost you a bunch of sales" Everyone. Yet they continue to sell cars, everyday.

That's the attitude that wins or loses elections too, welcome to the xxxxxxx party! No patio here!

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/3/13 10:03 p.m.

All this thread needs now is a T shirt to gain epic status.

Sorry to read of your troubles Poopy, glad you got the Mazda. We've been very happy with our Mazda3.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory HalfDork
7/4/13 5:31 a.m.

In reply to Datsun1500:

That's only because the "movement" isn't large enough. There's a point that it WILL affect sales. Up my way, we have more than a couple of "Help Me Hank" types on the news who's job it is to check these things out. As consumer advocates, they live for stuff like this.

It's be great to get a local reporter interested in this. Write letters to the Editors of local newspapers in the area. Start there...

EastCoastMojo
7/4/13 7:10 p.m.

clownkiller
clownkiller Reader
7/4/13 10:14 p.m.

nice

EastCoastMojo
7/5/13 7:13 a.m.

I do have a high-res copy if any one wants to do a shirt.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory HalfDork
7/5/13 7:34 a.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo:

See? That's just immature and childish.

(Ill take an XXL longsleeve in navy blue!)

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
7/6/13 12:15 a.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote:

TROLL! GET A PORTABLE PHONE!

EastCoastMojo
7/6/13 9:03 a.m.

??? I thought you would like that.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
7/6/13 12:39 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: ??? I thought you would like that.

I was being silly. Forgot the

EastCoastMojo
7/6/13 12:47 p.m.

Whew! I was afraid I had crossed the line.

AAZCD
AAZCD Reader
5/26/19 8:29 a.m.

Yes it's a Zombie, but as a one-year member of the forum, I felt it was worth a bump.

Ok... Now I get it.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
5/26/19 1:57 p.m.

In reply to AAZCD :

You now know the answer to one of the possible challenge questions at the bunker door under the GRM headquarters.  To be safe, you also need to figure out who Amy is and why you'd never let Nitrous Fogger Jr. touch your car.  

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/26/19 3:18 p.m.

Almost six years later, I still think you should have accepted the used gearbox.

Just stroking the dead horse...

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/26/19 4:17 p.m.

I forgot about nitrous fogger jr! 

Thanks for the reminder 

1 ... 13 14 15

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dKZhpgwrZ2GGCWxtDKMwuNLuAXCXLC0lseLHXS0sbJQ18RVX7Ld0Aprglksmxy17