1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15
Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
4/3/20 12:34 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

McBail. While my arm was healing, I asked my orthopedist if I could go skating. Then he starts with this, "I often see men of your age who think they can still skate..."

Bastard. (Totally not wrong, either.)

And thanks again, everyone, for the support. It means so much. 

That's why I bought that fancy skateboard display hanger we all had a discussion about some ages ago.  So I can look at my skateboard looking pretty, but not actually attempt to get on it.  I can do a fine enough job hurting myself hurtling down jump trails at ski resorts... 

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/3/20 12:56 p.m.

Yay, I'm fixed :)

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/3/20 1:02 p.m.
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) said:

Yay, I'm fixed :)

Thanks.  I *almost* spit hot tea all over my keyboard and monitor.

misshift
misshift
4/3/20 1:20 p.m.

Just sent 50 bucks cash via paypal to  Nancy link. A request would be to give Jaun, the friendly postman,  a GRM shirt. Since I enjoy the printed version it's the least I can do to support the people who delivery my GRM mag. Use the rest as needed.

Thanks, site lurker, Lee

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
4/3/20 1:37 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

A lot has happened since I wrote that on March 23. On April 1 the country went on a national stay at home order for the month of April. That canceled or postponed events through all of April and beyond. We had to cancel one of our own events and postpone another.

We have reserves, but like any other business, we cannot weather this dragging out for six months or a year without making some drastic changes, or getting some help. Thankfully our community has stepped up. And while the financial help is important, at least for me, the emotional outcry hit hardest, as it reminded me that while we might not be curing anything, we provide an escape for a lot of people.

logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/3/20 1:59 p.m.

Im the 139th one in!

Tim Suddard said:

we provide an escape for a lot of people.

+eleventyleven

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
4/3/20 2:09 p.m.

Just bought a T-shirt and some stickers.

AAZCD
AAZCD HalfDork
4/3/20 2:44 p.m.
Tom Suddard said:

In reply to Hasbro (Forum Supporter) :

Awww, that's too kind. We'll look into the rest, but for now you can PayPal Nancy@grassrootsmotorsports.com

Is the https://www.paypal.me/motorsportmarketing  as good as the 'Nancy link'? I noticed the original post was updated to the Patreon link. I think there's plenty of us that prefer a simple donation to the Patreon thing.

Just extended my GRM sub and I'm looking forward checking out the Classic Motorsports magazine when it starts arriving.

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/3/20 3:02 p.m.

In reply to Tim Suddard :

Checking the forum has become the first thing I do in the morning, and the last thing I do at night. 

That's probably normal for a lot of people, but I'm not big on social media; I only opened a Facebook account to keep up with the local autocross scene and access to marketplace. 

A big difference between the two is that this is primarily a group of people who respect and care about each other. Facebook is often a lot of negative drama, think Lord of the Flies. I don't want that in my life.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
4/3/20 3:04 p.m.

In reply to AAZCD :

Yes, just two doors into the same account. 

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
4/3/20 3:09 p.m.

Did you get my paypal Tom?

Tom Suddard
4/3/20 3:23 p.m.

I'm not sure, unfortunately. PayPal doesn't have a great way to filter out what money was sent for, and many of our store orders are processed through it. 

I do know you all have been very, very supportive. Thank you. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Reader
4/3/20 4:33 p.m.
Tom Suddard said:

I'm not sure, unfortunately. PayPal doesn't have a great way to filter out what money was sent for, and many of our store orders are processed through it. 

I do know you all have been very, very supportive. Thank you. 

I assume they show you the email and/or comments if people leave them

Tom Suddard
4/3/20 5:01 p.m.

I'll do some more digging then. 

Dr. Hess (Forum Supporter)
Dr. Hess (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/3/20 6:20 p.m.

In the comments, I said "Dr.Hess (DrHess)".  It is separate from the PayPal I sent a couple days ago for a shirt and stuff.

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
4/3/20 6:25 p.m.

In reply to Flynlow :

Pint glasses that say "Well that didn't take long" 

captainawesome
captainawesome HalfDork
4/3/20 8:23 p.m.

Yes to pint glasses. I can imagine shipping glass can be a pain though.

chada75
chada75 Reader
4/3/20 10:47 p.m.

Just ordered a Two Year Subscription. 

mjrj
mjrj New Reader
4/3/20 11:26 p.m.

just resubcribed.  Thank you guys.   heart

AAZCD
AAZCD HalfDork
4/3/20 11:31 p.m.
captainawesome said:

Yes to pint glasses. I can imagine shipping glass can be a pain though.

One individual can order/buy an order of glasses with donated money, then sell them as a fundraiser. Shipping would be some work, but it could double the initial donation with the proceeds. Coffee mug, Pint glass - either would be cool. Permission to use the logo for a limited run or use an 'off-logo' design. I'll have extra money again next Friday and I'd buy a pair or donate as long as there's not a Miata on it.  wink

Unofficial, I'm thinking: 'New Year Game' meets Seth T-Shirts, fundraiser type thing done by fans, not official GRM.

Example... https://www.discountmugs.com/

oldopelguy (Forum Supporter)
oldopelguy (Forum Supporter) UberDork
4/3/20 11:46 p.m.

I'd by a set of filter word glasses. 

I'll be drinking out of the e36 m3 glass though, you get stuck with the berkeley one.

100% in for pint glasses. I drink everything out of them.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/4/20 8:27 a.m.

You know what I have been looking for, for a while, that I would totally buy?

Remember in the 90s (at least), it was common to have college/university stickers in your car's back window?

I have been looking for a UC Berkeley one forever.  There may be rights issues with that, though.

(I had "Cardassian Military Scool" in my Subaru.  A decade later, I bought my Golf from someone who had "Starfleet Academy" on it)

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
4/4/20 9:10 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

You know what I have been looking for, for a while, that I would totally buy?

Remember in the 90s (at least), it was common to have college/university stickers in your car's back window?

I have been looking for a UC Berkeley one forever.  There may be rights issues with that, though.

(I had "Cardassian Military Scool" in my Subaru.  A decade later, I bought my Golf from someone who had "Starfleet Academy" on it)

I could go for a "Berkeley this E36 M3" window sticker.

1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Zy0U7PtqdxB0i0FlSJiaUGFDWUqhLF4PMtdJHMtbZthJsfntk8JGXjXxxolIYJ2B