1 2
mw
mw Reader
4/3/09 10:24 a.m.

Suzuki x-90's use NA miata mirrors.

RexSeven
RexSeven HalfDork
4/3/09 3:37 p.m.

Hey, FriedGreenCorrado, rejoice! The Jalopnik article says your car shares its side-view mirrors with the McLaren F1.

[Homer Simpson] Mmm... McLaren F1... [drools] [/Homer]

I almost bought a Suzuki Esteem sedan before I got my Subaru. Turns out the engine was the same as the 1.8L Miata's. I was seriously considering buying it and slapping a FM turbo kit to make it into a sleeper.

confuZion3
confuZion3 Dork
4/3/09 10:08 p.m.

If I believed in a god, I would worship the McLaren F1.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
4/4/09 10:59 a.m.
Winston wrote: Little known fact... not all MR2 turbos were t-top cars. Just MOST of them (in the US).

I know that not all were T-tops. Some had a solid roof. That car has a removable glass roof, but it's one piece, not T-top. I didn't feel like being long winded.

PorschesOnTheCheap
PorschesOnTheCheap New Reader
4/4/09 9:54 p.m.
RexSeven wrote: I almost bought a Suzuki Esteem sedan before I got my Subaru.

I think I figured out why not many people lower Suzukis Esteems. Seems nobody wants to tell people about their low Esteem...

ww
ww SuperDork
4/5/09 2:11 a.m.

DOH!!!

Luke
Luke Dork
4/5/09 5:23 a.m.
Rusty_Rabbit84 wrote:
Jay wrote: Parts-bin engineering is nothing new for Lotus.
No joke. Working in parts, Lotus N.A. sent an email out saying they were completely out of oil filters for elise/exige for all of the U.S. and told us to go to Toyota and get some. But I still love Lotus!

The Elise and Exige do use Toyota engines.

ww
ww SuperDork
4/5/09 9:58 a.m.

I think he may have known that, but even if he didn't, it's still ridiculous that they ran out of oil filters for their most popular cars EVER, especially when it's a "commodity" engine!

BAMF
BAMF New Reader
4/5/09 1:23 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: little known fact.. Lamborghini Miura used Series one Fiat 124 Coupe Taillights..

As well as Fiat 850 Spider headlights, if memory serves.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/5/09 5:03 p.m.

and unfortunately, that tends to up the price on all those parts.. as they suddenly become "exotic"

The fiat Dino in 2.0 and 2.4 guise shared the engine with Dino 206 and 246. The fiat version is now a LOT more rare than the ferrari version because so many of the fiats were broken for their engines to keep their ferrari siblings alive.

Also the late Fiat and Alfa spiders shared their door handles with the Ferrari 400.. which also bumps the price of those parts

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JB7hBCZ9ZcKG2OLe0HM8TIEsITvCWc3YuVrwJof3xtl3D6fZM3Fzk9whEir3qjTe