JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
6/9/17 11:19 a.m.
feature_image

Tomorrow we’re heading to Montreal to be among the first North America journalists to get some real hands-on time with the new Honda Civic Type R. There’s an embargo on photos and driving impressions for several days, but there’s no embargo on these photos we snapped of the nearly identical European version in a parking lot in Germany last week! …

Read the rest of the story

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/9/17 11:54 a.m.

Cannot wait to hear your impressions. While I hate, HATE, the styling, I love everything about Honda having a real performance Civic again.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/9/17 12:10 p.m.

Honda really should have pushed this back to September to coordinate with International Talk Like A Pirate day.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
6/9/17 12:58 p.m.

That sucks. You have to work this weekend.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
6/9/17 1:05 p.m.
Datsun310Guy wrote: That sucks. You have to work this weekend.

Technically my track time and road drive is Monday. This weekend Honda is hosting us in their suite at Turn 1 at the Canadian GP. I promise when I'm stuffing their shrimp cocktails into my backpack, all of you will be right there with me.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
6/9/17 3:26 p.m.

I used to be a production supervisor working 11 hour days x 5.5 days and these salespeople in our office rolled in late at 8:30-9:00am everyday and one morning before our daily meeting they were laughing they went through 12 dozen shrimp as an appetizer at some dinner meeting and then ordered 12 dozen more.

Then I decided to get into sales - 22 years later here I am.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
6/9/17 3:42 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy:

If you cant beat em, join em. Im nearly in the same boat...Ive been avoiding sales because I didnt think I was a sales-ey person. But, the deeper I get at this company, the more I realize thats where the talent goes because its less about being able to sell, and more about being creative and knowledgeable in order to make things happen for the account.

Oh yeah, regarding the Type R - Im very interested to see how the throttle-by-wire, electric-assist power steering, and other newer "advancements" (read: production line efficiencies and computer control systems) work/feel on a modern FWD factory rocket - especially one that is actually winning right off the showroom floor.

kazoospec
kazoospec SuperDork
6/9/17 3:47 p.m.

I'm with Pinchy on this one. I'd drive it, but only wearing my official "Detroit Lions Fan Gear"

Pic is a few years old:

759NRNG
759NRNG Reader
6/9/17 4:18 p.m.

'type R' She'd be fun to ride, but I wouldn't want any of my friends seeing me on her.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/9/17 5:42 p.m.

As long as it's mid 20's and not mid 30's price wise they'll sell these faster than they can build them.

Edit: nope googles say 35k MSRP. I'll take the fost/fist and some tuning.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce MegaDork
6/9/17 5:50 p.m.

I'm ok being the only one who likes how they look. Can't wait to hear how they drive.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
D7vGPsU8IY8lhan9xXuinukCMr46irf3wmxA5j6z5g5qoB3s3QYLVYkrGRrwIEdY