1 2
Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Dork
2/21/15 9:38 a.m.
Strike_Zero wrote: Continental ExtremeContact DW from the local tire dude for $830 OTD . . .

Try Tire Rack. It's likely that they will be cheaper than that.

JKleiner
JKleiner Reader
2/21/15 9:39 a.m.

Conti DWS if you need snow capability, DW if not.

Jeff

wspohn
wspohn HalfDork
2/22/15 6:23 p.m.

Splurge.

I researched this recently and ended up with Michelin Pilot Super Sports. But You'd be paying an extra $70 per tire (and IMHO it is well worth it!)

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero SuperDork
3/1/15 7:38 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Clutch42:

Tire Rack had it for $179/tire shipped. Local tire guy sold em to me $170/tire. All the rest of the cost was mounting, balance and labor.

So far . . . The car is friggin transformed!!

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/2/15 9:45 a.m.

On Saturday I picked up a set of Dunlop sp sport 01 that were taken off of a WRX for $350. The guy said he got the car and drove straight to Discount Tire to get some all seasons. I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can try them out.

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel Reader
3/2/15 10:11 a.m.
Strike_Zero wrote: In reply to Mr_Clutch42: Tire Rack had it for $179/tire shipped. Local tire guy sold em to me $170/tire. All the rest of the cost was mounting, balance and labor. So far . . . The car is friggin transformed!!

discount tire usually beats the pants off of Tire Rack. They'll be similar or slightly up on the per tire price, but waaay cheaper to mount etc when you add in the retarded shipping cost tire rack charges.

Also, i've had them move tires three times for me (three sets of wheels) for no additional charge because I bought the tires from them.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2n5Xt46SjBOcEUKwGKJGzYtKeQl36aQlxkajWe2LPgWCZtTQOgWPuMqH3cB3OlBL