bigbrainonbrad
bigbrainonbrad Reader
10/5/12 8:51 p.m.

I have an 01 Tacoma Prerunner that is in need of tires. No offroading will be done, just straight highway and some in town stuff. The truck has 15x8 inch wheels currently and has 255-70/15 tires. While browsing Tire Rack, Discount Tire Direct, etc the three tires that keep coming up in that size are the BF Goodrich Radial T/A, General Grabber HTS and the Nexen Rodian HT's as the price leader.

Given that I will not be offroading and am used to something with a little bit more sporting pretensions, I am wanting the best performing tire for all season use on this truck. We don't have significant snow where I live so winter performance is not a particular concern. What say ye GRM? Have I missed a tire in this size that someone has experience with?

irish44j
irish44j SuperDork
10/5/12 9:01 p.m.

Bridgestone Dueller Revo 2, hands down.

I've used a number of tires on my Jeep and 4Runner, and the Revo 2's are not only the quietest (quieter even than the highway all-terrains that came on the 4-runner), but they also have the best street handling, best ride quality, best snow/rain traction, and good off-road traction. It's a true all-terrain that acts like a street tire, in my opinion. My wife even loves them (it's her truck), and she has never driven it off paved roads. She noticed the improved "everything" about them vs. the stock highway all-seasons immediately.

It is hands-down the best street all-around all-terrain tire out there, in my opinion.

It's about mid-pack in terms of price....not a "budget" tire, but not a "baller" tire either.

Not sure if they have them in your exact size, but the 31X10.5R15 on tire rack is a mild upsize from what you're running right now...about 255 width, and slightly taller.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Dueler+A%2FT+Revo+2&sidewall=Outlined White Letters&partnum=105SR5REVO2OWL&tab=Sizes

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LeDYfCQsD6ktUfym1BGpZxFfyRa9bampFAI4DooACryF8KMFGWRpS9eCCd70u8vb