bigbrainonbrad
Oct. 5, 2012 8:51 p.m.

I have an 01 Tacoma Prerunner that is in need of tires. No offroading will be done, just straight highway and some in town stuff. The truck has 15x8 inch wheels currently and has 255-70/15 tires. While browsing Tire Rack, Discount Tire Direct, etc the three tires that keep coming up in that size are the BF Goodrich Radial T/A, General Grabber HTS and the Nexen Rodian HT's as the price leader.

Given that I will not be offroading and am used to something with a little bit more sporting pretensions, I am wanting the best performing tire for all season use on this truck. We don't have significant snow where I live so winter performance is not a particular concern. What say ye GRM? Have I missed a tire in this size that someone has experience with?

irish44j SuperDork
Oct. 5, 2012 9:01 p.m.

Bridgestone Dueller Revo 2, hands down.

I've used a number of tires on my Jeep and 4Runner, and the Revo 2's are not only the quietest (quieter even than the highway all-terrains that came on the 4-runner), but they also have the best street handling, best ride quality, best snow/rain traction, and good off-road traction. It's a true all-terrain that acts like a street tire, in my opinion. My wife even loves them (it's her truck), and she has never driven it off paved roads. She noticed the improved "everything" about them vs. the stock highway all-seasons immediately.

It is hands-down the best street all-around all-terrain tire out there, in my opinion.

It's about mid-pack in terms of price....not a "budget" tire, but not a "baller" tire either.

Not sure if they have them in your exact size, but the 31X10.5R15 on tire rack is a mild upsize from what you're running right now...about 255 width, and slightly taller.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Dueler+A%2FT+Revo+2&sidewall=Outlined White Letters&partnum=105SR5REVO2OWL&tab=Sizes

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Grassroots Motorsports

Your Projects: Wide-Body, V8-Powered Porsche 944

10 hours ago in News

Wing, flares, V8 swap and more!

You Need This: Eclipse!

10 hours ago in News

Today's special.

Your Projects: Boosted and Flared E30 BMW

12 hours ago in News

Another forum member put it best: “This build is absolutely mental. And I mean that in the best possible way.”

You Need This: 1990 Suzuki Carry 4WD Mini-Truck

13 hours ago in News

It looks cool, matches our cargo shorts, and makes little sense.

Concours d’Lemons: Showcasing the Best of the Worst and the Worst of the Best

14 hours ago in Articles

This year’s Concours d’Lemons celebrated two cars rarely associated with the glitz and glamor of Monterey.

You Need This: Gullwing Doors and Exotic Styling for Just $1500

16 hours ago in News

Meet some brown ’70s awesomeness.

Acura Unveils New Prototype Race Car in Monterey

2 days ago in News

Acura yesterday unveiled the new Acura ARX-05 prototype race car.

We're Back In Monterey for Car Week

3 days ago in News

And so it begins, another trip to Monterey Car Week.

Mark Your Calendars: August 18 Is Wear Your Helmet to Work Day

3 days ago in News

Wear your racing gear to work and win prizes.

You Need This: A Real 1LE Camaro

3 days ago in News

Chevy only built 62 1LE Camaros that year.

Little Car Show: Celebrating All Things Quirky and Small

4 days ago in Articles

As the name suggests, the Little Car Show is all about little cars.

Concours d’Lemons to Ruin Monterey Car Week Yet Again

4 days ago in News

What started as the anti-concours has transformed into a major event on the Monterey Car Week schedule.

OUR SPONSORS

Grassroots Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
bz9K6ctxovaK4alKZ3sRGyCcQmxRqOPo