Anti-stance
Anti-stance New Reader
12/30/11 8:50 a.m.

Just passing this along for people that want a free track day at AMP when it opens. I have been twice and it is a dirty job that takes really a minimum of 6 hours to complete your four 6 packs. I got the chance to check out all of the paved sections, it is roughly 80-90% paved. The elevation change is INCREDIBLE. Here is the email I got from Don that runs the construction:

Don Barnes said: Jason, Thank for the interest and inquire, and yes we need help banding tires. I would really appreciate if you would please pass this information along to any group you can. We will be banding tires every week on Friday and Saturday, unless it’s a holiday, or until we run out of tires. Bring a friend and you both can earn a track day. The track day is open for car drivers and bike riders. We will provide all the instructions, spec sheet and materials. Just let me know when you are coming, open 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM. wear old clothes, boots so your feet stay dry, extra clothes and extra gloves as you will get wet and may want to change at lunch. This is fun, dirty work and expect to get wet. Expect to spend 4 to 6 hours building four bundles. Please drop me an email to schedule. We will continue to band until all tires have been used. You will earn one day for every four bundles assembled, all bundles must meet our specs and we will inspect and approve. The track day can be used on any of the 60 Tungsten member days during 2012. Cannot be used with any other outside track renters such as SCCA, NASA, etc. Certificate expires December 31, 2012. You do not have to be a member to earn a track day.

Here is a pic of the 4 six packs I built last week: Email Don if you want to go do this. don@100mphlunch.com

iceracer
iceracer SuperDork
12/30/11 9:43 a.m.

AMP ?

Brotus7
Brotus7 Reader
12/30/11 9:48 a.m.

Quick googled yielded: Atlanta Motorsports Park

cwh
cwh SuperDork
12/30/11 9:54 a.m.

I've been in touch with them about camera systems. It is a very interesting track that is as much country club as it is race track. Going to be very high end, if all goes as planned. My son is supposed to go there for a site survey shortly, will give a report when that happens.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance New Reader
12/30/11 10:14 a.m.

Yeah, Atlanta Motorsports Park, sorry. Its in North Georgia. I just wanted to pass it along for some of us normal guys that want to drive there that don't have big $$$. PCA, NASA, SCCA, etc will be going there(as long as it opens, lol) but a little bit of work and you can get some free track time.

MrMook
MrMook New Reader
12/30/11 10:20 a.m.

Thats a pretty great program. I wish I was more local. I have crap tons of freetime right now. Hmm....maybe a roadtrip is in order.....

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
12/30/11 3:07 p.m.

sucks that this track is basically in my backyard and I wont be able to go since Im moving up to Ohio...

naterkane
naterkane
12/30/11 3:33 p.m.

MrMook, you don't have THAT much free time psh.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BBX4SrGpAcaeX3wWXOIBzifqEDS68tyg65901SbISoZ51WjJ8Md4OHKT4o1CNl5C