mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/22/11 9:41 a.m.

I can say it.. I daily drove a fiat 124 for 5 years

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
2/22/11 9:45 a.m.

Do you work at home?
Seriously, that looks like a really nice car.

Jay
Jay SuperDork
2/22/11 9:49 a.m.

Hey, I finally saw the rest of the pics in your Picassa album. That thing looks hella clean. I guess even old Italian steel can survive in Texas. Love it.

I keep looking at your Readers' Rides collection and thinking you must really enjoy headaches. But I guess I shouldn't be the one to poke fun with my set...

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/22/11 9:54 a.m.

Those seats (chairs?) are awesome! They look like they came from someone's family room.

ShadowSix
ShadowSix New Reader
2/22/11 10:22 a.m.

In reply to m4ff3w:

Do people constantly ask you if it does 185?

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/22/11 10:36 a.m.
Jay wrote: Hey, I finally saw the rest of the pics in your Picassa album. That thing looks hella clean. I guess even old Italian steel can survive in Texas. Love it. I keep looking at your Readers' Rides collection and thinking you must really enjoy headaches. But I guess I shouldn't be the one to poke fun with my collection...

The pictures are VERY flattering. But overall she isn't too bad.

PS122
PS122 GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/22/11 11:25 a.m.
ShadowSix wrote: In reply to m4ff3w: Do people constantly ask you if it does 185?

I know I would.

My neighbor has one and I saw it running once and only once. That being said I still love them... just not brave enough to own one.

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
2/22/11 11:32 a.m.

For me too, my first thought was, "how will you get home?" As a read down the list I truly lol'ed when I got to this point.

racinginc215 wrote: Lets see what the afternoon brings More then likely a tow truck.

Does your BiTurbo have more than 50k miles on it?
It just amazes me that none ever seem to.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/22/11 11:34 a.m.
jrw1621 wrote: For me too, my first thought was, "how will you get home?" As a read down the list I truly lol'ed when I got to this point.
racinginc215 wrote: Lets see what the afternoon brings More then likely a tow truck.
Does your BiTurbo have more than 50k miles on it? It just amazes me that none ever seem to.

25k on the odometer.

But from what I've read (and mine bears truth to the claim) that most ridicously low mileage Biturbos are a case of faulty speedometers.

minimac
minimac SuperDork
2/22/11 2:19 p.m.

Don't let Clarkson see it.

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
2/22/11 3:07 p.m.

4:07 EST and all's well?

porksboy
porksboy SuperDork
2/22/11 3:15 p.m.

I just saw a flat bed wrecker headed your way.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/22/11 6:11 p.m.
minimac wrote: Don't let Clarkson see it.

I can just picture it....

"Alright guys! See ya tomorrow!" Walks out to the parking lot, as he nears he observes a number of rescue vehicles clustered near where he parked. He walks faster hoping to see that its not as big a deal as it seems.....

As he turns the corner around his annoying co-worker's, ugly Juke, he can't believe what he's seeing.....

A dumpster that was filled with Biturbo parts has been dumped onto the parking spot where his car was this morning. The thoughts are racing through his head, eventually the sinking feeling growing in his stomach hardens into seething anger. He drops to his knees and screams to the heavens with only the pain and torment a Biturbo owner can know....

"CLARKSON!"

The sound echos through the parking lot, the city, the pain imbuing the sound with exceptional properties.

An ocean away, a "Peach" of a man, thinning at one end, thin at the other and round in the middle, sits in his garden, polishing his V8 blender. He stops in mid-stroke as the hair stands up on his neck. He smiles and returns to his polish.....

Jay
Jay SuperDork
2/22/11 7:45 p.m.

^^ Who else thinks that post should be the entirety of next month's "say what?"

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
2/22/11 8:10 p.m.

It is late at night and still no word of a safe return.
Wondering if we should send out the search party?

rob_lewis
rob_lewis Dork
2/22/11 8:33 p.m.
jrw1621 wrote: It is late at night and still no word of a safe return. Wondering if we should send out the search party?

How many people does it take to find a burning Italian car?

-Rob

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/22/11 8:41 p.m.
rob_lewis wrote:
jrw1621 wrote: It is late at night and still no word of a safe return. Wondering if we should send out the search party?
How many people does it take to find a burning Italian car? -Rob

I mean, how hard can it be?

NickF40
NickF40 GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/22/11 8:49 p.m.

oh god, not that statement....

I heard they shipped out pianos to Belgium from the US on a plane so uhhhh, just thought i'd share that

NickF40
NickF40 GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/22/11 8:49 p.m.
rob_lewis wrote: How many people does it take to find a burning Italian car? -Rob

I have never laughed so hard

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte Reader
2/22/11 9:03 p.m.

Does the Turbo add fuel for the Backdraft? Don't open the hood.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
l0x17togScXaCEdOFiiWY6XWWwhjyGYDiB1gt9DKdUxmHQFQUF4v3qJ44pO4cT3w