ea_sport
ea_sport Reader
6/13/19 9:31 p.m.

Hi, I will finally take my C5 Z06 to the track. I am going to the Track Night in America at Dominion Raceway. I am thinking about getting the track insurance with Hagerty since it's pretty reasonable. Has anyone used Hagerty track day insurance before? How does it work, is it based on agreed upon value or market value? When I asked for a quote their website asked me for the value of the car and mods that I put in but I am not sure if that means that they will insure and pay based on that value should it be totaled.

Thanks all.

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/13/19 10:31 p.m.

It's agreed value. You're buying a policy with a set payout and a set deductible.. 

The higher the value you enter, the more expensive it is. 

dps214
dps214 New Reader
6/13/19 11:08 p.m.

Used it last year. Straight agreed value. You can play around with the quote tool to find out for yourself but iirc the cost is the same up to somewhere around $25k value. Again iirc deductible is 10% or something like that but with a dollar amount minimum, maybe $2500, read the fine print to find that out.

ea_sport
ea_sport Reader
6/14/19 9:59 a.m.

In reply to dps214 :

Thats kinda what I thought too. Thanks guys.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/14/19 3:04 p.m.

It's also 100% worth it. One of my co-workers put his brand new car the wall, head-on at top speed after the longest straight, after his brakes had boiled on the turns before. He said the process was very straightforward. Also was his first time doing buying insurance, even though he's a very seasoned track driver in other cars. You just never know. He said it saved him literally 30 grand.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
6/14/19 3:25 p.m.

You can get a direct quote on Lockton Affinity's website, not sure about Hagerty, never checked. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WCVmR4IKuao0UJVjKQjG9TXBemZcJgR7IkD6CbffPdlvMxyvi2WLBqK9twjyxFeX