1 2
mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/27/08 7:30 p.m.

they are trying that in NJ too

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
7/27/08 8:48 p.m.

Yeah, my mother just had to pay to get out of that place. Amazing.

chknhwk
chknhwk New Reader
7/28/08 9:33 a.m.

Well I guess that answers my question on whether to move to Mass or stay in NH...

SkinnyG
SkinnyG New Reader
7/28/08 8:36 p.m.

I made it back!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP8JNpBHPkw

SkinnyG
SkinnyG New Reader
7/29/08 11:49 p.m.

Drove there and back (about 800km round trip) with nary a problem. Well, ok, the starter quit. So we bomb started it the entire weekend. Nice thing is you can always find someone willing to push it for you. I could push it myself if I could only get in fast enough.

Day one was great, we ended mid-pack. Day two was wet in Biblical proportions. And I left my keel at home. You'd point and shoot, then wait until the cascading waterfall of splash subsided, then looked to see where you were and point and shoot again in the right direction. My co-driver hit such a tidal fury he ran aground ~way~ off track.

Hydroplaning on 20x9.5x13 slicks was an event all to itself. Once the hull was on plane, you just hung on until you came to shore. The slalom section was a good port-starboard-port negotiation. The entire left side of my body was soaked.

On the side of the course map, I added the words "Beyond here there be Dragons!"

In all, it was a very very fun event. The car was working awesome! (I was not, but it was a blast!)

Ryan9118
Ryan9118 HalfDork
7/30/08 1:44 a.m.

I'm jealous. I want a Locost. Looks like a fun road trip. I wanna do something like that if I ever get the Midget back on the road.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XtKcRMFf9J2x91Go1J9bwvAGGzNpvPnUzhlWFeZBXT82LDCZGk0qgIVwcTrhTsh0