David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/14/08 7:22 p.m.

We just heard a dull thud. I figured that something fell outside, but my wife peaked through the front window. I think someone hit a tree across the street, she said. She was right. When we moved in, our across-the-street neighbors said that someone hits one of their trees every couple of years. I guess they were right.

porksboy
porksboy HalfDork
9/14/08 7:46 p.m.

Needs pics.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Reader
9/14/08 8:16 p.m.

Yes pics please. Was it like in "It's A Wonderful Life" kinda hit when Jimmy Stewart hits the tree? Or at least what kind of tree and Mercedes was it?

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
9/14/08 8:40 p.m.

Someone drives off the road and lands in my yard every couple years too. Last one was upside down in the creek in a convertable. I dont' know how he didn't kill himself.

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard GRM+ Member
9/14/08 9:11 p.m.

My friend had a car drive through his sister's bedroom one night. They were all okay, thankfully.

car39
car39 Reader
9/15/08 7:48 a.m.

In my "yout" I was in a car that crashed into a house. We made it into the living room, fortunately, the family was having supper in the kitchen. It was a heck of a sight, a 65 Chrysler New Yorker sticking out of the front of the house. No injuries, other than bumps and bruises.

Duke
Duke Dork
9/15/08 8:26 a.m.

Man, there used to be a house right off a 90-degree bend at the end of a half-mile straight near where I grew up. Absolutely the best possible place to collect drunks and nodders. I think by the time we moved away, they had two rows of jersey wall with pilings and dirt fill between for their front yard.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/15/08 9:06 a.m.

924guy
924guy HalfDork
9/15/08 9:07 a.m.

I grew up in a house on a corner, the road in front was a popular place for street racing for awhile, we had so many cars crash into our yard that my father actually put in a few concrete posts a few feet from the house to prevent cars from hitting the house... many times we had free yard work done as my dad would make the racers come back, fix any damage that theyd done to the yard, plus whatever else he had on his project list instead of calling the police...God help them if they didnt come back though, hed hunt them down and as the story goes(i was very young then) on at least one occasion gave one a ride back to our house to "pay up" in the trunk of his (my fathers) 72 roadrunner. Once or twice there were some serious injuries though, I remember my mother yelling out to call the police while she (a nurse) attended to the people and my father put out burning cars or diluted gas spills with the garden hose in our front yard. eventually the police cracked down and our lawn suffered from the lack of free landscapers..Later as a teenager, my girlfriend and I would often go sit on the front deck when we'd hear police sirens near by, more often then not, there was a chase and both the car being chased and the police car(s) behind it would cut right through the front yard, and we always looked to see if it was anyone we knew. I actually kept gaps in the front fence on the side and front open so i wouldn't have to fix it later, and we didn't want anyone getting impaled by a fence post in our yard... Though i did get a kick out three local police officers filling ruts in my lawn one time, after my mother called the station and raised hell after one such event (Dad had long since passed by then.) They did a bad job I ended up fixing it myself anyway, but it was worth it to see them even try, after all I was a teen at the time and definitely anti establishment, so seeing that tickled me pink... But its only in past few years that I truly appreciate the effectiveness of my parents and how they handled things, a lesson in everything and in everything, a lesson...probably prevented me from killing myself when I started street racing, and certainly what got me to stop a bit later,,,

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/15/08 9:30 a.m.

Sorry, no photos. It was night, and the Benz was black. Plus there's this thing called tact.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
9/15/08 9:31 a.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: Sorry, no photos. It was night, and the Benz was black. Plus there's this thing called tact.

No flash, telephoto and a tripod!

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/15/08 9:41 a.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: Sorry, no photos. It was night, and the Benz was black. Plus there's this thing called tact.

Screw yer sailin' terms we want faux-toes!

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
9/15/08 9:48 a.m.

I wonder if the nice lady has made arrangements for her new kitchen this week? The Targa is looking good.

confuZion3
confuZion3 HalfDork
9/15/08 10:09 a.m.
Feedyurhed wrote: Yes pics please. Was it like in "It's A Wonderful Life" kinda hit when Jimmy Stewart hits the tree? Or at least what kind of tree and Mercedes was it?

Or was it like the Jeep that ran into the tree in "The Happening"? Hint Hint Suggestive Wink

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/15/08 10:22 a.m.
confuZion3 wrote:
Feedyurhed wrote: Yes pics please. Was it like in "It's A Wonderful Life" kinda hit when Jimmy Stewart hits the tree? Or at least what kind of tree and Mercedes was it?
Or was it like the Jeep that ran into the tree in "The Happening"? *Hint* *Hint* *Suggestive Wink*

One more shameless plug:

That Was My Old Jeep!!!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
n0wvBsOToTkBrpoaGLa0qTRwXkWHY0HA2dvxHXuQfNpPz1jCIBHDvR5274AlX0am