Bob the REAL oil guy.
Bob the REAL oil guy. MegaDork
2/20/18 1:11 p.m.

I just got back from the best lunch drive since I put the bike away. Truck is a berkeleying BEAST. it turns, it stops it goes. It makes V8 noises and tire noises and all the right sights/noises/smells. But god damn that 1-2 shift is a dick. about 25% of the time it's perfect snick-snick. about 25% of the time it catches and you either have to feel it in with clutch release or release and pull a second time. the other 50% of the time it shifts, but you feel it engaging a little harder than normal.

TKO-600... is this normal? I'ts only got about 110 miles on this one. 

Also, apparently the brake problem I had was me being a Bob Costas. Did some hard stops and boom. pedal feels normal. And by hard stops I mean I was doing 70 and stood on them. 4 wheel slide. I think that is a good sign.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
2/20/18 1:21 p.m.

Go about 1k then change the fluid to redline.  Made lots of differencein mine and my customers. 

Bob the REAL oil guy.
2/20/18 1:33 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13 :

I was going to change around 500-1000 anyway because I beat it.... But maybe I'll try to be a little nicer. HAHAHAHAHA no I won't. 

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
2/20/18 9:37 p.m.

A co-driver blew up a TKO 5-Speed in my old race car. The culprit was the 1-2 shift. Sometimes the lever would stop halfway into the 2nd gear gate. Whatever you do, don’t release the clutch when that happens. Wish I had tried a different trans oil. 

Bob the REAL oil guy.
2/26/18 11:46 a.m.

It's definitely getting smoother. More miles. More shifts. I will change the fluid at around the 1000 mile mark but its getting betterer. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zhilKmD7Ez7iyLWZQKOhzhPuDmnPA0lVCrwSr3IawOunzdQZTGDYyw7P8xGCLSCK