1 2
Jerry
Jerry UberDork
3/12/18 6:12 p.m.
T.J. said:

1984. 13 episodes according to IMDB. 

1984 I was a junior in high school and "too old" for cartoons I guess.  I don't remember this at all.

Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
3/13/18 8:20 a.m.
Jerry said:
T.J. said:

1984. 13 episodes according to IMDB. 

1984 I was a junior in high school and "too old" for cartoons I guess.  I don't remember this at all.

You didn't miss much. I think a large part of the 80's nostalgia over bad and quirky television is it was the last period of nationwide TV. That was when Americans who watched TV really only had at most two or three shows to watch that were good in any given hour. For kids there was PBS and sesame street then Saturday morning cartoons. So kids who watched tv in the 80s regardless of living in the Bronx, downtown Dallas, and Seattle would all remember the same shows. Now my kids and their cousins can go a year having never watched the same show. 

Matt B
Matt B UltraDork
3/13/18 8:34 a.m.

Yeah I remember it and thought it was awesome. (it didn't take much)

I second the notion that Robotech seemed game-changing at the time due to how terrible everything else was.  Of course I made the mistake of re-watching that too and realized it's pretty bad as well!  Never visit your childhood heroes they say.

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UltraDork
3/13/18 10:38 a.m.

Saturday AM cartoon TV Guide listings.

Looking through these listings I can remember exactly what I watched, and about the time I stopped watching them all together.  But I swear I remember some that aren't on here- like GoBots and Transformers.  Maybe the Midwestern lineups varied a bit from the NE ones...

Oldiee
Oldiee
8/20/18 5:35 p.m.
Jumper K Balls said:
dculberson said:

In reply to Advan046 :

Ice pirates! That movie was awesome to tween age me. 

It actually holds up! Watching it as an adult you can better see just how firmly their tongues were pressed into their cheeks.

I have it on VHS but no VCR to play it.

OMG you've got the whole thing on VHS? :D

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/20/18 7:01 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

Or was I out that day? I don't remember this one from BITD, either.

I used to watch that show.

I was very young.  I don't remember very much of it...

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/20/18 8:11 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

yes! a personal favorite Robot Chicken sketch.. 

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
8/20/18 10:17 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

Or was I out that day? I don't remember this one from BITD, either.

Odd, that was out when I was about 10 years old and totally into exotic cars like the Vector and Countach and any cartoon that had to do with cars, but I have no memory of that show. But I think even in 1985 as a 10-year-old I would have thought "wow, this show is stupid."

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/21/18 12:11 a.m.

How do you feel about Pole Position? 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CWErocC2OXj40eDOezHLsg4ZAoKXFxgL2nRtiqmEVrPDVAeznl79eMcA41gg14sy