David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/19/10 1:29 p.m.

Looking for something to watch tonight? You can see several friends--names you should recognize from the magazine--on TV tonight.

A bunch of friends are running in this evening's Grand-Am Rolex race at Mid-Ohio: the Nonnamaker family, Charles Espenlaub, Andy Lally, David Donohue, Sylvain Tremblay and more. The race starts at 5:00 Eastern on Speed. Qualifying lineup: http://www.grand-am.com/schedule/results.cfm?series=r&eid=1487&sid=1238

And I know, not everyone loves NASCAR, but Porsche factory driver Patrick Long is making his Nationwide series debut this evening--the venue is Road America. The race starts at 3:00 and is going to be shown on ESPN 2. Looks like Patrick is starting in seventh: http://nationwide.nascar.com/nationwide-series/races/2010/lineup/15

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
6/19/10 2:20 p.m.

Thanx for the heads up!

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
6/19/10 2:45 p.m.

we've got nothing better to do...

wbjones
wbjones Dork
6/19/10 3:44 p.m.

ya ... I'm having a hard time deciding what to watch... Nationwide (love to watch 3500# "stock" cars on a road course , before it finishes the Rolex comes on... you miss more than you get if you switch back and forth... and then to complicate matters the local NPR station has an 8 hr bluegrass show every Sat and this Sat they're devoting one set (6 - 7 songs) to Lester Flatt (his birthday Sun).... decisions, decisions,decisions....

Treb
Treb Reader
6/19/10 3:48 p.m.

Watch TV, have a couple brews.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
6/19/10 3:49 p.m.

Oh man ! Lester is on PBS?

You haven't made my decision any easier...

pigeon
pigeon HalfDork
6/19/10 3:51 p.m.
wbjones wrote: ya ... I'm having a hard time deciding what to watch... Nationwide (love to watch 3500# "stock" cars on a road course , before it finishes the Rolex comes on... you miss more than you get if you switch back and forth... and then to complicate matters the local NPR station has an 8 hr bluegrass show every Sat and this Sat they're devoting one set (6 - 7 songs) to Lester Flatt (his birthday Sun).... decisions, decisions,decisions....

This is why the DVR exists. And now I'm happy I recently got DirecTV - I'm away from the house all day and I'm now going to set the dvr to record the Rolex race. I only buy Salehns hot dogs in support of the Nonamakers. Thanks for the heads up!

David S. Wallens
6/19/10 3:55 p.m.

I finished mowing the lawn in time to watch the start of the NASCAR at Nationwide race. So far, good race. Patrick fell back after pit stops but is posting some fast laps--looks like he moved from 19 to 12 in just a few minutes. Leaderboard: http://www.nascar.com/nationwideseries/leaderboard/race/

He hasn't got much TV time, though.

Soon, though, time to take a break from TV to go for a bike ride. I think it's almost below 90 degrees. And yes, DVR is covering both races.

David S. Wallens
6/19/10 4:33 p.m.

And hey, Patrick is leading--well, for a few minutes there. Full-course yellow thanks to a big pile-up on a restart.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/19/10 4:51 p.m.

What are we gonna talk about?

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
6/19/10 5:14 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: What are we gonna talk about?

How we loves us some Foggy Mountain Breakdown.. !

racerfink
racerfink Reader
6/19/10 5:18 p.m.

Well, Nonamaker got some tv time...

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
6/19/10 6:49 p.m.

I DVR'd both races, as well as the Sonoma race tomorrow. I am currently watching the Nationwide race...WHY DO THEY NEED THREE LAPS OF CAUTION AT A 4 MILE TRACK????

wbjones
wbjones Dork
6/19/10 7:10 p.m.
NYG95GA wrote: Oh *man* ! Lester is on PBS? You haven't made my decision any easier...

actually it's on NPR not PBS... the station is 88.7 WNCW ... I don't know how (luddite me..) but you can get them on the web...... tomorrow morning (6 - 9) there will be bluegrass gospel and Lester will be featured... the station does this for all the big names... last weekend it was Clarence White and Tony Rice's birthdays... great music...

Eb4Prez
Eb4Prez New Reader
6/19/10 9:46 p.m.

C.H.I.P.S., Dynasty!

motomoron
motomoron Reader
6/19/10 10:11 p.m.

The hardest working band in punk rock, once upon a time. Greg, Dez, Robo and some kid from DC named Henry...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI3aklwU35A

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
6/19/10 10:13 p.m.
wbjones wrote: actually it's on NPR not PBS... the station is 88.7 WNCW ... I don't know how (luddite me..) but you can get them on the web...... tomorrow morning (6 - 9) there will be bluegrass gospel and Lester will be featured...

Thanx Mr. Jones. I go to the NPR site almost as much as I come to this one. I'll figure it out from there!

iceracer
iceracer Dork
6/20/10 11:27 a.m.

Patrick Long finished 14 th. Jacques Villeneuve, I'm sure everyone has heard of him, was the only one able to stay with Carl Edwards for most of the race. He even made a spectacular pass once. Un fortunately he had some sort of problem late in the race and ended up 25th. Oh , there was another unfamiliar driver that finished 2nd. I believe his name was Fellows or something.

Gimp
Gimp GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/20/10 6:10 p.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: What are we gonna talk about?

I don't know!

(I know I'm late to the party, but too good to pass up).

81gtv6
81gtv6 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/21/10 9:09 a.m.

I spent my Fathersday weekend up at Mid Ohio with my two boys, 7 and 2. Good stuff.

Tetzuoe
Tetzuoe Reader
6/21/10 11:52 a.m.

In reply to Treb:

all our friends are gonna hang out here tonight

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/22/10 10:37 p.m.
Tetzuoe wrote: In reply to Treb: all our friends are gonna hang out here tonight

Alright!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
P4fcdiY2V291ypBRmYN4GngYPF3ih8oK9pgX9fWZX00OGwqDepKGKDJrZCyoDAVY