Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
9/24/18 5:09 p.m.

https://youtu.be/1wB35ExsbEw

Thanks to everyone for helping out! 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
9/25/18 12:35 p.m.

What a cute little track!  The red Miata needs more tire, it spent all it’s time sliding about and had a hard time putting down it’s power.  

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/25/18 1:07 p.m.

cool video! I wanted to see who was faster of the two drivers, based on watching the hands alone I think the guy in the blue shirt was faster.

NickD
NickD UberDork
9/25/18 2:15 p.m.
Robbie said:

cool video! I wanted to see who was faster of the two drivers, based on watching the hands alone I think the guy in the blue shirt was faster.

The guy in the blue shirt is Carbon (Ryan). The red shirt is Quinn. When I was hanging out with them for the filming with my car (spoiler alert!) Quinn said, he's done enough "serious" driving, so he likes to have more fun hooning around. Granted, Carbon took me for a ride in his turbo MR-S and drifted nearly the entire track too.

Seriously, if you are close enough to Lime Rock and have a cool/fun/interesting car, get in contact with them and bring it out for them. I did it on a whim and had an absolute riot. Getting to hang out with some very fun, knowledgeable guys, getting to see my car do things I didn't know it could do, getting informative feedback on what my car does and doesn't do and what needs to be tweaked, seeing some other awesome machinery in action and just having a whole lot of fun. There's a lot of posers out there on the internet, but these guys aren't it. They are passionate about cars, and want to get down to the nitty-gritty little details, like tire pressures and alignment specs and spring rates.

Video is great, the 15 minute length is just right. Any less and it feels there isn't enough coverage. Any longer and it can be difficult to set aside a block of time to watch. Its also great that someone is finally nailing down comparisons of modified Miatas, after all the people requesting that to be done. Can't wait to see future episodes (and not just because my car is in one). The JDM Legends one should be really interesting. I'm curious to see if there are any that maybe don't live up to their reputation.

morello159
morello159 New Reader
9/25/18 2:35 p.m.

Looks like a great time. As a turbo Miata owner myself, I'm interested in seeing future videos, and I'm glad to see the guys can drive a little bit. As much as I like Mighty Car Mods and other web series, I appreciate seeing a car being driven at least close to its potential when doing a comparison like this.

NickD
NickD UberDork
9/25/18 2:51 p.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wSyoxgIervfSCVgmwhvEx1kT4je95Ks4F2e0pTEH2cmmW7Mor0pgeYaRy3bn1bzQ