JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
11/15/22 8:26 a.m.

Time trial racing has never been more popular or accessible. What was once seen as a steppingstone to wheel-to-wheel racing has matured into its own scene, its own venue and its own culture.

It’s a place for big wings, big imaginations and, as of late, big events. And those events have taken on a unique vibe. Instead of every driver …

Read the rest of the story

BA5
BA5 GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/15/22 10:33 a.m.

The real beauty of TT is that you can go out and just race yourself if you really want to.

Maybe my car just isn't competitive.  But I can go out and just try to go faster than I did last time.

rallynutdon
rallynutdon None
1/20/23 4:24 p.m.

Hillclimbs are time trials. Why aren't they mentioned at all?

SlowHonda
SlowHonda New Reader
1/21/23 3:59 p.m.

Our Canadian based Ontario Time-Attack series is a bit different.  We have practice sessions in the mornings (with passing) followed by a series of competition sessions in the afternoon. Each session is only 5 laps and cars are released on to the track at about 6 second intervals. 1 warms up , 3 hot laps, 1 cool down, lather rinse and repeat.  Fastest car in the morning starts first and slowest starts last.  We run between 6 and 12 cars at a time depending on the expected lap times. Means you have to get up to speed pretty quickly but there is no issue with having to time your fastest lap around someone else's cool down lap (meaning no excuses either). Chance of car to car contact is virtually nil as there is no passing during competition sessions. If you improve significantly from the morning sessions, you move up the order (and vice versa if you get slower).  Street cars are welcome and can usually last 5 laps without overheating although you definitely want good brakes.

DavidGooden
DavidGooden New Reader
11/30/23 2:53 p.m.

Clicked specifically to find out the GRM Z06's time at Sebring. indecision

Also, I recognized that turn 7 pic right away.

Here's mine...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
txnPqloIE10HE49M76r5yqa3Tm5HIUYNpww70YznHJYkX6tbRAgy3p1loMZjvERE