1 2 3 4 ... 16
Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/23/19 10:28 p.m.

In reply to adam525i :

I started to question the license plate until I checked his Instagram and saw that the car does in fact have a North Carolina plate on it. Seems more believable than the existence of 2 Casis red Safari 911s frankly.

Anyway. One of my old coworkers still commutes in his '65 Malibu convertible.

Somebody that works near where I do seems to be driving a '68ish C10 long bed every day. 

Kreb
Kreb GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/23/19 10:29 p.m.

There's a guy who routinely commutes to  San Francisco  from the East bay in his Morris Minor. It's slightly updated with a 1300 cc Datsun motor and a 5-speed but otherwise pretty stock. It always brings a smile to my face to see it in a sea of late model cars.

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/24/19 10:59 a.m.

I saw this commuting a couple of years ago. I haven't seen it again since I moved.

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/24/19 11:32 a.m.

In reply to ShawneeCreek :

Congratulations, you win the thread! 

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
5/24/19 11:44 a.m.
MulletTruck said:

I am rarely in a car I miss a lot of opportunities to get pictures of what I see on a daily basis. Here are a few I did catch when in a work vehicle. 

I call photoshop on this. The 405 is never that clear.

therieldeal
therieldeal Reader
5/24/19 11:58 a.m.

Couldn’t get a decent photo… but I saw a red & black ‘90’s Acura NSX whilst commuting in eastern CT this morning. 

I’ve only seen one of these in the wild once before, and that one was in a high rise parking garage in Tampa, FL.

MulletTruck
MulletTruck HalfDork
5/24/19 12:03 p.m.
barefootskater said:
MulletTruck said:

I am rarely in a car I miss a lot of opportunities to get pictures of what I see on a daily basis. Here are a few I did catch when in a work vehicle. 

LOL, I wish it was like this all the time! I was on a service call early on a Sunday Morning.

MulletTruck
MulletTruck HalfDork
5/24/19 12:04 p.m.

In reply to Woody :

Yep, One of two I see all the time in the Valley.

MulletTruck
MulletTruck HalfDork
5/24/19 12:06 p.m.
Nick Comstock said:

In reply to MulletTruck :

Is that Matt Farrah in his Porsche in front of you?

Yep. I have seen it a few times lately, I think his guy takes it home sometimes. It sounds as good as it looks.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/24/19 12:11 p.m.

I saw a Bentley Continental just the other day. Maybe not odd in places but in North Idaho on a small highway it was pretty out of place

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/24/19 12:35 p.m.

I would propose that what I find to be unusual might be common in the south.  For example, yesterday I saw an immaculate 1990 or 1991 Mazda Protege.  Pretty rare for this neck of the woods. 

wspohn
wspohn Dork
5/24/19 12:58 p.m.

We have a lot of unusual cars on the road here (other than my own collection, all of which seem to be low production).

We see a lot of small RHD cars and minivans because we got them from Japan in Canada before they were allowed into the US.  MG RV8s, saw a first generation NSX the other day, and where I live, quite a few Ferraris and the odd Lambo, both old and newer.  And people seem to drive them to work as well as for pleasure (our collector plates don't allow to or from work, BTW).

And we get daily driver cars like Austin Cambridges, and Westminsters, old Sunbeam Alpines, a smattering of Datsun sports (240Z and prior) etc.

Maybe the wildest was a friend driving his original Ford GT40 (old, not new generation) on the streets as well as a real Jag D type (a possible million buck hit on insurance if some texting moron T boned it, as it had a racing history!)

It is the middle period cars we seem to rarely see - a non-rusty Datsun 510, for instance.

skierd
skierd SuperDork
5/24/19 1:50 p.m.

There’s a guy who daily’s a lifted 4x4 full size Oldsmobile wagon year round as well as a late 70’s Celica body on a Toyota pickup frame, also lifted with big mud tires. 

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
5/24/19 2:05 p.m.
wspohn said:

It is the middle period cars we seem to rarely see - a non-rusty Datsun 510, for instance.

You and I live in the same area.

I saw two very clean SR20 swapped 510s at a shop in Langley last week.

The inside of the shop was full of 5.0 Mustangs, apparently the value of hairdresser Mustangs has gone through the roof lately.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/24/19 2:28 p.m.
MulletTruck said:

I wonder if this is part of the original car or some kind of dummy shell used for filming? I hope it's not part of the original. That was a cool car and it was auctioned off a few years ago.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
5/24/19 2:50 p.m.
Antihero said:

I saw a Bentley Continental just the other day. Maybe not odd in places but in North Idaho on a small highway it was pretty out of place

There's one for sale at local used car lot in Chelsea Michigan. It kinda sticks out  amongst the pickups.

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
5/24/19 5:23 p.m.

Saw two cars today, both got lost in traffic.    First was a Fiat sports car.  I did get close enough to see the "Fiat" on the trunk.   Looked like an older model,  124 ?    Then while waiting at an intersection an   RX7 went by.  At least that is what I think it was.  

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
5/24/19 10:45 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Huh?

Define original.

Original automobile that actually existed or original movie car?

Thankfully, the car in that movie was entirely made up.

tr8todd
tr8todd Dork
5/25/19 6:37 a.m.

About ten years ago a buddy and I were heading thru VT at about 6am on a sunny Sunday fall morning on Rte 89.  Virtually no traffic.  We're cruising in a TR8 convertible with the roof up, talking, and all of a sudden a deafening roar startles me.  A full on  SCCA GT1 Mustang flies by doing at least 125mph.  No plate, open exhaust, full of sponsor stickers, gone over the horizon as fast as it appeared.  Scared the crap out of me.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/25/19 6:51 a.m.
MulletTruck said:
barefootskater said:
MulletTruck said:

LOL, I wish it was like this all the time! I was on a service call early on a Sunday Morning.

Is that a C6? It's hard to tell...

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/25/19 6:58 a.m.

I had a flex work schedule, with a window of a couple of hours. There was a black Evora I'd see going to opposite direction twice a day every day when I went at a certain time. This was down I-12 in Louisiana, and kinda in the middle of nowhere. If this person was doing the same commute as me in the other direction, that Lotus was gathering about 90 miles a day. 

There was another Evora in Krypton Green I'd see occasionally in the city near my job. Much newer - maybe an Evora 400?

I had thought for a while I was seeing this one black CTS V wagon a lot, but one day in heavy traffic, I saw two identical wagons about ten cars apart. 

Finally, a Fiero, showing some light wear, but looking very original. It's amazing how tiny those look now. 

rslifkin
rslifkin UltraDork
5/25/19 8:18 a.m.
Mike said:
MulletTruck said:
barefootskater said:
MulletTruck said:

Is that a C6? It's hard to tell...

Probably one built by these guys: https://www.crcoachworks.com/models

I've seen one of the C5 -> C1 conversions from them up close and it looked very nicely done.  Biggest giveaways at a glance were the interior (top was down) and the windshield angle. 

TJL
TJL Reader
5/25/19 8:34 a.m.

I was seeing a Eagle Vision regularly a few months ago. Thought i had a pic but cant find it. 

A few cool ones, sweet mini, guy looks like he could drive from the back seat. 

And a nicely modded old mazda truck. 

Cadman5
Cadman5 New Reader
5/28/19 9:53 p.m.

Very clean...

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
5/29/19 8:15 a.m.

Spotted an avocado green late '60s Plymouth Road Runner on my drive in to work today.

1 2 3 4 ... 16

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sV0j0IxCQYe6KF5A9J6ZhDoloNSyWoSSesnPiXRmAtpRM8rtRVVid2AjRBrY7reC